DVP's New Master Video Index
Add Reply
David Von Pein
2016-12-07 01:50:30 UTC
FYI....

I just completed a new "Master" index for my audio/video collection,
utilizing links to the "Google Drive" file storage service. Each file is
available for streaming, downloading, and embedding....

http://DVP-Video-Audio-Archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html

If anybody finds a broken link or a misspelled word (or some other
mistake), please let me know.

Thanks.

DVP
bigdog
2016-12-08 03:54:00 UTC
Post by David Von Pein
FYI....
I just completed a new "Master" index for my audio/video collection,
utilizing links to the "Google Drive" file storage service. Each file is
available for streaming, downloading, and embedding....
http://DVP-Video-Audio-Archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html
If anybody finds a broken link or a misspelled word (or some other
mistake), please let me know.
Thanks, David. I've bookmarked this one. Hopefully next time I want to
check out a related video, I'll remember to go to your library first.
David Von Pein
2016-12-10 19:33:22 UTC
http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/23259-dvps-new-master-videoaudio-index/

CHRIS BENNETT SAID:

Thanks, DVP. I've watched dozens of hours of material that you have
collected. Always appreciated.

HUGO LANGENDOEN SAID:

Thanks for this great list of resources. It is wonderful to have so many
items in one place!

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

That's what I was thinking when I started to put that catalog of links
together. I wanted something comprehensive, fast-loading, and text
searchable. And the new index meets all of those criteria. It took me ten
days to create just that one page (working on it 13-15 hours a day). And
I'll be adding to the index many more times in the future.

In addition to JFK stuff, the index also includes my collected material on
the RFK and MLK assassinations, the O.J. Simpson case, the 9/11 attacks,
Apollo 11 coverage, entertainment links from radio and TV, hundreds of
baseball games (including various no-hitters as well as the Cubs amazing
win in the 2016 World Series), and many other topics that are of interest
to this writer.

Thank you, Hugo and Chris [and BigDog], for your comments (and your
interest).
Allan G. Johnson
2016-12-11 04:41:41 UTC
Post by David Von Pein
FYI....
I just completed a new "Master" index for my audio/video collection,
utilizing links to the "Google Drive" file storage service. Each file is
available for streaming, downloading, and embedding....
http://DVP-Video-Audio-Archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html
If anybody finds a broken link or a misspelled word (or some other
mistake), please let me know.
Thanks.
DVP
I don't know if it's my new laptop or the new windows 10 OS, but the
videos and audio on your site are awesome. They are quick to access and
run flawlessly. Your site is still the best one stop resource for both
original and latest material on this subject, as well as everything else
you post on it.

Well done.
Anthony Marsh
2016-12-12 15:34:55 UTC
Post by Allan G. Johnson
Post by David Von Pein
FYI....
I just completed a new "Master" index for my audio/video collection,
utilizing links to the "Google Drive" file storage service. Each file is
available for streaming, downloading, and embedding....
http://DVP-Video-Audio-Archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html
If anybody finds a broken link or a misspelled word (or some other
mistake), please let me know.
Thanks.
DVP
I don't know if it's my new laptop or the new windows 10 OS, but the
videos and audio on your site are awesome. They are quick to access and
run flawlessly. Your site is still the best one stop resource for both
original and latest material on this subject, as well as everything else
you post on it.
Well done.
Higher quality resolution on your screen (1920x1080) plus better Codecs
nowadays.
Jean Davison
2016-12-11 19:57:03 UTC
Post by David Von Pein
FYI....
I just completed a new "Master" index for my audio/video collection,
utilizing links to the "Google Drive" file storage service. Each file is
available for streaming, downloading, and embedding....
http://DVP-Video-Audio-Archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html
If anybody finds a broken link or a misspelled word (or some other
mistake), please let me know.
Thanks.
DVP
Great work, David, as usual. Thanks for putting that online.

Jean
David Von Pein
2016-12-12 22:45:22 UTC
Post by Jean Davison
Post by David Von Pein
FYI....
I just completed a new "Master" index for my audio/video collection,
utilizing links to the "Google Drive" file storage service. Each file is
available for streaming, downloading, and embedding....
http://DVP-Video-Audio-Archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html
If anybody finds a broken link or a misspelled word (or some other
mistake), please let me know.
Thanks.
DVP
Great work, David, as usual. Thanks for putting that online.
Jean
Thank you (all)!

P.S./FYI -- I have added dozens of additional links to the Index in the
last few days (re: movies, more baseball games, another JFK speech [from
10/26/63], a rare interview with Johnny Bench [when he was just 20 yrs.
old], and other miscellaneous items.
Anthony Marsh
2016-12-14 14:26:14 UTC
Post by David Von Pein
Post by Jean Davison
Post by David Von Pein
[...]
Oh goody. Do you have the baseball game with JFK?
Or JFK skeet shooting?
You should sort them by sports.
David Von Pein
2016-12-15 16:09:22 UTC
Post by David Von Pein
Post by Jean Davison
Post by David Von Pein
[...]
I've got various clips (within documentaries) of JFK playing sports
(football, golf, skeet shooting, sailing). Plus, a video of him throwing
out the first pitch of the 1961 American League baseball season at
Griffith Stadium in Washington. It was a tremendous heave, too. Probably
the longest "first pitch" toss ever made by a POTUS. [See video below.]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxZ7UPWuNPdkbzZyZUJyQjY1S1E/view
bigdog
2016-12-15 04:52:04 UTC
Post by David Von Pein
Post by Jean Davison
Post by David Von Pein
[...]
WOW. One more thing to thank you for, David. That is an awesome collection
of baseball audio and videos you have there including one that is near and
dear to my heart, game 7 of the 1968 World Series in which Mickey Lolich
on two days rest outdueled Bob Gibson to complete a Tiger comeback from
being down 3 games to 1. As a lifelong fan of the Tigers, that game is in
my top 3 favorite sporting events of all time. I was a high school senior
at the time and the game began while I was in class. Fortunately I had a
late afternoon study hall and they allowed those of us who wanted to go
across the hall to the gym where they had the game on TV and I got to see
the game from about the 6th inning on. It was still tied 0-0 when I began
watching and remained that way until Curt Flood misplayed Jim Northrup's
line drive into a two out two run triple that proved to be the difference
in the game which Detroit won 4-1. I made it home in time to see the last
inning. Now I'll be able to watch that game from the start.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing you are a fan of the Cincinnati Reds.
I'm very interested in that interview with Johnny Bench. My family moved
to Columbus, OH in 1966 and I believe it was about a year later he made
his first appearance with the Reds. I never became a Reds fan but you
couldn't help but be impressed by how good Bench was. You just couldn't
steal second base on him when he first came up. As great as he was for
most of his career I think he lost a little after he had that surgery to
remove a spot on his lung. He was still a great catcher but he seemed to
lose a little zip in his throwing arm after that. Still if I was putting
together a team of the greatest players of all time, he would be my
catcher.

I have a challenge for you. If you remember a few years ago you asked why
there weren't more video clips of other visits JFK made to other cities. I
pointed out that typically such videos weren't saved because storage space
cost money. I pointed out that even videos of great sporting events were
not saved except for highlights and I pointed out as an example game 7 of
the 1960 World Series in which the Pirates beat the Yankees on Mazeroski's
lead off 9th inning home run. Even though it was one of the iconic games
in the history of baseball, nobody thought to save a tape of it other than
the highlights. At least that was what was believe for years. Then
somebody discovered a film in Bing Crosby's vault of that game. Crosby was
part owner of the Pirates at the time but he couldn't attend the World
Series because he was booked to perform in Paris at the same time. He was
able to listen to the game on Armed Forces radio. Back home he had someone
film the TV broadcast of the game. It turned out to be the only footage of
one of the greatest baseball games played. When it was discovered, ESPN
acquired the rights to it and played the entire game in a special
broadcast. If you could somehow score a copy of that game it would be a
great addition to your library. Maybe you already have and I just
overlooked it. If so, let me apologize now. In any case I will be looking
at some of those old broadcasts, particularly the 1968 World Series game.
David Von Pein
2016-12-16 03:51:23 UTC
Hi John/bigdog!

Yes, I'm a Reds fan. (Although I don't follow too much baseball these
days, except for the Cubs' amazing win in the 2016 World Series.) But back
in the late 1970s and early 1980s, I kept track of every Reds' game and
every Reds' player. I would keep track of all the stats by hand (via my
pocket calculator and a manual Olympia typewriter with sticky keys). How's
*that* for dedication? :-)

And it was during those years when I was unbelievably obsessed with
Cincinnati Reds baseball (the 1970s and '80s) that enabled me to also
record many Reds' radio highlights on audio cassette tapes, which in
recent years I've transferred to digital copies for my computer, and I've
now added those recordings to my audio/video index too:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-rcjDGNFEH_OE05Nk9RVVkxVUU

And I want to say "Thanks" to you, BigDog, for bringing up the rare TV
broadcast of Game 7 of the 1960 World Series. It's been available on
YouTube for two years now, and I've watched it twice. But until you coaxed
me today to add it to my own Index of programs, I had not yet done so (and
I'm not quite sure why I hadn't). I had been satisfied, instead, to stick
with the last two innings of the radio broadcast of that classic game.

But after reading your "challenge", John, I've now added the complete
television broadcast of that 1960 game to my archives too, right here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0CWGpD0zVmCSnhYekJqSlpfbU0/view
David Von Pein
2016-12-16 03:51:36 UTC
A Curious Lack Of Pre-11/22/63 JFK TV Coverage....

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.assassination.jfk/1DeEVtrR5LM/Q1AksTVPZroJ
David Von Pein
2016-12-13 01:30:47 UTC
http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-master-video-index.html
David Von Pein
2016-12-13 13:40:50 UTC
Here are several family films of JFK, Jackie, and the First Family that
I've embedded on one of my sites (via the JFK Library's embed codes), but
I've never found a way to download these videos to my computer (which I'd
like to do). All of these films are in the public domain (per the JFK
Library notes), so there's no problem with any copyrights. If anyone knows
a way to download these videos, please let me know. I'd appreciate it.
Thanks....

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/06/candid-kennedy-films.html
John McAdams
2016-12-13 13:43:38 UTC
Post by David Von Pein
Here are several family films of JFK, Jackie, and the First Family that
I've embedded on one of my sites (via the JFK Library's embed codes), but
I've never found a way to download these videos to my computer (which I'd
like to do). All of these films are in the public domain (per the JFK
Library notes), so there's no problem with any copyrights. If anyone knows
a way to download these videos, please let me know. I'd appreciate it.
Thanks....
http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/06/candid-kennedy-films.html
I've fooled around with this a bit, with some success, but never used
it a lot.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/

There are probably other apps that do the same thing.

.John
-----------------------
2016-12-14 03:27:00 UTC
Post by John McAdams
Post by David Von Pein
Here are several family films of JFK, Jackie, and the First Family that
I've embedded on one of my sites (via the JFK Library's embed codes), but
I've never found a way to download these videos to my computer (which I'd
like to do). All of these films are in the public domain (per the JFK
Library notes), so there's no problem with any copyrights. If anyone knows
a way to download these videos, please let me know. I'd appreciate it.
Thanks....
http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/06/candid-kennedy-films.html
I've fooled around with this a bit, with some success, but never used
it a lot.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/
There are probably other apps that do the same thing.
I think his point was that Firefox has the best add-ons to do it. But
there are derivatives of Firefox which can also use the same add-ons
depending on which computer you use. Waterfox, Pale Moon, even Vivaldi.
You also sometimes need to ask if he's using a PC or a Mac.
Post by John McAdams
.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
David Von Pein
Thanks, John! I've never tried that one before.
David Von Pein
Now I know why. That Firefox add-on download helper is lousy. Yuck! :-)
Anthony Marsh
2016-12-16 03:05:33 UTC
Post by David Von Pein
Post by John McAdams
Post by David Von Pein
[...]
Make sure you download the correct version. If you are using Windows, is
your computer a 32-bit or a 64-bit? You may also need to upgrade your
video plugin like Abode Player.
Anthony Marsh
2016-12-14 03:27:14 UTC
Post by David Von Pein
Here are several family films of JFK, Jackie, and the First Family that
I've embedded on one of my sites (via the JFK Library's embed codes), but
I've never found a way to download these videos to my computer (which I'd
like to do). All of these films are in the public domain (per the JFK
Library notes), so there's no problem with any copyrights. If anyone knows
a way to download these videos, please let me know. I'd appreciate it.
Thanks....
http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/06/candid-kennedy-films.html
Depends on which computer you use. Obviously Firefox with its add-ons,
but there are other browsers that also have add-ons.

Please never use Chrome or Edge or Internet Explorer.