The Kennedy Gallery
David Von Pein
2011-03-31 13:25:29 UTC
I've revamped and expanded my Kennedy Photo Album website. It's
bigger, brighter, and better. Over 200 high-quality images:

http://Kennedy-Photos.blogspot.com
Questionin
2011-04-01 02:27:39 UTC
Had Oswald lived, he probably would sue your pants off for pronouncing him
as a murderer. Cause it's never been proven that he committed the crime.
The news originations use the term "alleged."

What the deal with the Dorman film? Its a time era bus and a modern day
limo passing by? It don't make no sense to me????
Anthony Marsh
2011-04-01 14:05:38 UTC
Post by Questionin
Had Oswald lived, he probably would sue your pants off for pronouncing him
as a murderer. Cause it's never been proven that he committed the crime.
The news originations use the term "alleged."
What the deal with the Dorman film? Its a time era bus and a modern day
limo passing by? It don't make no sense to me????
I don't understand the thrust of your question. The Dorman film shows
McLain rounding the corner from Houston onto Elm passing through the
path of the open microphone which recorded the shots. There is a dispute
about how many seconds elapsed between when the Dorman film ended and
when the Zapruder frame Z-133 was exposed. It synchronizes the
acoustical evidence with the Zapruder film.
Questionin
2011-04-01 19:29:58 UTC
Well I went to your site as you said? And it showed a 1960's bus. It also
showed a later model limo passing. It concludes the film you are showing
to be a fake. I mean just by looking at it? And the Domain film was
supposed to be filmed from the forth floor, but the film you show is at
ground level? I'm perplexed???
Anthony Marsh
2011-04-02 14:36:34 UTC
Post by Questionin
Well I went to your site as you said? And it showed a 1960's bus. It also
showed a later model limo passing. It concludes the film you are showing
to be a fake. I mean just by looking at it? And the Domain film was
supposed to be filmed from the forth floor, but the film you show is at
ground level? I'm perplexed???
I have no idea what you are mumbling about. You need to link to the
specific file URL you looked at. Maybe you got linked to the wrong one.
Maybe it wasn't even my site. This is the only version of the Dorman
film that I have. It came from the Robert Groden video.
There is no bus in it.
Maybe there is another film which has an old city bus. I might be
interested in seeing that. The limo had been upgraded with 1962 parts.

http://the-puzzle-palace.com/Dorman.mpg
JE Hoover
2011-04-01 02:40:36 UTC
Post by David Von Pein
I've revamped and expanded my Kennedy Photo Album website. It's
http://Kennedy-Photos.blogspot.com
Fantastic DVP. You're a credit to the JFK Assassination Research
Community.

Regards
Jgar
Peter Makres
2011-04-01 14:05:44 UTC
Post by David Von Pein
I've revamped and expanded my Kennedy Photo Album website. It's
http://Kennedy-Photos.blogspot.com
David....Your site is looking great, with many superb photos. I've been away
for a pretty good while,
but I've been lurking a bit here in recent days. Not too much has changed, I
see....

I'll be revisiting your photo collection some more when it isn't so
late...keep up the great work David!

Peter
David Von Pein
2011-04-01 19:33:18 UTC
Thank you, Peter M.

And I just added some more photos today--and yesterday (about 30
more).

Perhaps you can tell me if my huge photo blog loads in your browser
okay (i.e., will it fully load in less than a few minutes)? I'm
concerned about that loading factor, but I definitely don't want to
reduce the size of the images. It's the gallery's "grand scale" of
size and quantity that hits a home run (if I do say so myself). :)

And check out that amazing mid-1950s Dealey Plaza picture in my
gallery--with traffic going EASTbound on Elm Street (it was a two-way
street back then; I had no idea that was true).

My thanks to Robin Unger's photo site for that Dealey oldie.

http://Kennedy-Photos.blogspot.com
Peter Makres
2011-04-02 14:42:29 UTC
Post by David Von Pein
Thank you, Peter M.
And I just added some more photos today--and yesterday (about 30
more).
Perhaps you can tell me if my huge photo blog loads in your browser
okay (i.e., will it fully load in less than a few minutes)? I'm
concerned about that loading factor, but I definitely don't want to
reduce the size of the images. It's the gallery's "grand scale" of
size and quantity that hits a home run (if I do say so myself). :)
And check out that amazing mid-1950s Dealey Plaza picture in my
gallery--with traffic going EASTbound on Elm Street (it was a two-way
street back then; I had no idea that was true).
My thanks to Robin Unger's photo site for that Dealey oldie.
http://Kennedy-Photos.blogspot.com
Superb, David. A most impressive collection of photos, simply outstanding
quality.
One could spend hours looking at them. Very logically and tastefully put
together.
I had really no browser loading time issues. The site loaded pretty
quickly.That's with
my laptop, which is not as good or as fast as my desktop PC. I have to use
the laptop
to view the newsgroup since I use outlook express as my reader, and my
desktop is
Windows 7 which does not include OE. I'd say you're doing fine...I can see
whay you
wouldn't want to reduce the size of the photos.

Glad to see you are still here David...great job, keep it up!

Peter M.
David Von Pein
2011-04-02 17:26:57 UTC
Thank you for the info about loading time, Peter. That's good to know.
John McAdams
2011-04-02 01:05:58 UTC
Post by David Von Pein
I've revamped and expanded my Kennedy Photo Album website. It's
http://Kennedy-Photos.blogspot.com
Very good collection.

Some. of course . . . [uh] "borrowed" from my site.

But I guess this is an example of "he who is without sin . . . ." :-)

.John
--------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
David Von Pein
2011-04-02 14:42:09 UTC
"Some [photos are], of course . . . [uh] "borrowed" from my [John McAdams'] site." <<<
How can you tell where I got them, John?

It's quite likely, however, that some of the pictures that have been
on my hard drive for years were originally downloaded from your
website. But, for the most part, I have no idea from where I got most
of the pictures, because I rename the files after downloading them
from the Internet.

I recall getting the picture of Oswald's cubbyhole (room) from your
site. But that one isn't in my current online gallery. And there's
also the recent "new" high-quality picture that you posted of the
aerial motorcade view that was taken by the Adolphus employee (which
is on my site).*

* = And I just now put a "Photo Credit" on my site for that particular
picture, and a link to your website.

Your site deserves to be linked from my gallery anyway. So I'm glad
you brought this matter to my attention, John. Thank you.
Anthony Marsh
2011-04-03 02:45:04 UTC
Post by David Von Pein
"Some [photos are], of course . . . [uh] "borrowed" from my [John McAdams'] site."<<<
How can you tell where I got them, John?
I believe you can download programs that will tell you if you have
duplicate picture files on your computer and will analyze the compression
methods. Generally the tip off is just the same dimension creating files
of exactly the same byte size.

You can even create a GIF and then rename it as a JPG to fool people, but
some programs can tell from the head exactly how the file was created,
even the program which was last used to edit it.

People us my maps all the time and the only time I complain is when they
claim that they were the ones who created it.
Post by David Von Pein
It's quite likely, however, that some of the pictures that have been
on my hard drive for years were originally downloaded from your
website. But, for the most part, I have no idea from where I got most
of the pictures, because I rename the files after downloading them
from the Internet.
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Internet. At the time no one thought
to include a utility to put the web site name in the properties list of
the file. Sometimes someone will put info in the properties list which
help you remember, but often the only way to remember is to look back at
your browser history file and see where you were when you downloaded it.
David Von Pein
2018-04-11 20:33:47 UTC
Unique angle of JFK & Jackie deplaning Air Force One in Dallas on
11/22/63:

http://kennedy-photos.blogspot.com/2018/04/kennedy-gallery-470.html
David Von Pein
2018-05-15 01:42:07 UTC