HSCA enhances Dillard photo
Anthony Marsh
2016-09-13 00:01:04 UTC
http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/hsca/reportvols/vol6/html/HSCA_Vol6_0060a.htm
t***@gmail.com
2016-09-18 18:44:46 UTC
Post by Anthony Marsh
http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/hsca/reportvols/vol6/html/HSCA_Vol6_0060a.htm
Hi Tony,

I think there might be a publishing error here. They appear to have
printed the Dillard Leica shot at the bottom of page 112 but the
enhancement shown on page 113 appears to be of the Dillard Yashica shot.

What do you think?

Regards,

Tim Brennan
Sydney, Australia
*Newsgroup(s) Commentator*

*...NOT ONE of the three experts was able to strike the head or the
neck of the target EVEN ONCE.* (Emphasis added).
Mark Lane, Rush to Judgment, page 129, footnoted as: XVII 261-262.

And yet here IS WC XVII 261-262, showing hits to the head...
http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/html/WH_Vol17_0144a.htm

X marks the spot where Mark Lane lied!
Anthony Marsh
2016-09-19 04:30:34 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Anthony Marsh
http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/hsca/reportvols/vol6/html/HSCA_Vol6_0060a.htm
Hi Tony,
I think there might be a publishing error here. They appear to have
printed the Dillard Leica shot at the bottom of page 112 but the
enhancement shown on page 113 appears to be of the Dillard Yashica shot.
What do you think?
I can't be sure. I don't know which edition you are talking about.
I don't have the Doubleday.
Can you tell the very slight difference in angle between the Leica and
the Yashica from a book?
Trask publishes the Dillard Leica on page 442 of his book Pictures of
the Pain. It is only slightly cropped. You can see the escape ladder on
the side of the TSBD almost perfectly face on.
He publishes the Yashica, slightly cropped, on page 448.
it shows the top of the escape ladder, but the angle is very slightly
different from the Leica. Just a couple of seconds later.
The Sun has not shifted enough to measure accurately.
t***@gmail.com
2016-09-21 15:56:26 UTC
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Anthony Marsh
[...]

Now that you point it out I can see that slight difference. There appear
to be some steps visible in the escape ladder at the very top in the
Yashica that are not so easily discernible in the Leica.

Re the HSCA on page 113, I think the way to tell is the angle of Norman.
In the Yashica he appears looking straight ahead. In the Leica his face is
at a slight angle to the right.

Leica:

Yashica:

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh19/html/WH_Vol19_0292a.htm

Also the crop at the top of HSCA page 112 appears as though it may be from
the Yashica, not the Leica. What do you think?

Regards,

Tim Brennan
Sydney, Australia
*Newsgroup(s) Commentator*
Anthony Marsh
2016-09-22 19:32:42 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Anthony Marsh
http://www.prayer-man.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Harold-Norman-James-Jarman-Bonnie-Ray-Williams-TSBD-Nov22-1963-ROKC-Scan-RichardESpragueCollection.jpg
http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh19/html/WH_Vol19_0292a.htm
Also the crop at the top of HSCA page 112 appears as though it may be from
the Yashica, not the Leica. What do you think?
I think Trask got the photography details right although i disagree with
him about conspiracy. He's really a nice guy. And somewhat of an
environmental nut, which I like about him.
Post by t***@gmail.com
Regards,
Tim Brennan
Sydney, Australia