Correction 4 minutes after assassination
BOZ
2018-04-30 13:13:10 UTC
12:34 p.m., approximately four minutes after the shots were fired, the
first wire story flashed around the world:

“DALLAS NOV. 22 (UPI) -- THREE SHOTS WERE FIRED AT PRESIDENT
KENNEDY’S MOTORCADE TODAY IN DOWNTOWN DALLAS. JT1234PCS”
bigdog
2018-05-01 21:31:55 UTC
Post by BOZ
12:34 p.m., approximately four minutes after the shots were fired, the
“DALLAS NOV. 22 (UPI) -- THREE SHOTS WERE FIRED AT PRESIDENT
KENNEDY’S MOTORCADE TODAY IN DOWNTOWN DALLAS. JT1234PCS”
WOW, that cover up sure did got going in a hurry.

Those were the words Cronkite first read to the CBS viewers when he broke
into the soap opera telecast (As the World Turns if I remember). The
amazing thing is after reading that bulletin straight from the wire
service, CBS resumed the soap opera telecast. There were two more
bulletins before CBS News finally came on the air to stay. I learned why
many years later. The TV cameras used in those days used vacuum tubes that
took quite a while to warm up before they could be put to use. Until that
happened, Cronkite couldn't go live with anything but a voiceover. When
one look at the coverage once they did go live, it is amazing how
primitive news coverage was in those days. No chance to go with a live
remote as could be done almost anywhere in the world today. CBS actually
resorted to printing off wire service photos and pasting them on poster
board to put in front of their cameras.
BOZ
2018-05-02 19:41:39 UTC
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
[...]
According to Walter Cronkite:

“It seems to many of us that if we are to avoid the eventual
catastrophic world conflict we must strengthen the United Nations as a
first step toward a world government patterned after our own government
with a legislature, executive and judiciary, and police to enforce its
international laws and keep the peace. To do that, of course, we Americans
will have to yield up some of our sovereignty. That would be a bitter
pill. It would take a lot of courage, a lot of faith in the new order. But
the American colonies did it once and brought forth one of the most nearly
perfect unions the world has ever seen.”
bigdog
2018-05-03 19:58:18 UTC
Post by BOZ
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
[...]
Hadn't heard that before but it is a scary prospect. It would require the
US to surrender our sovereignty to a world that doesn't necessarily share
our values or respect the rights which we as Americans take for granted
and which are protected by the Bill of Rights. Of course this is a view
embraced by many of our current leaders, especially those advocating for
open borders. Without borders, we don't have a country but to those who
advocate for one world government, that isn't a bad thing. When I see the
rest of the world embracing the same respect for fundamental rights that
we as Americans do, then we can talk about a one world government. We
aren't even close to that point yet which means it is out of the question
to even consider such a thing.
BOZ
I believe that Cronkite was a member of the World Federalist Association.
BOZ
I guess it is called World federalist movement
OHLeeRedux
John Adams was a Federalist.
Anthony Marsh
2018-05-06 00:45:34 UTC
Post by OHLeeRedux
Post by BOZ
Post by BOZ
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
[...]
You foreigners don't seem to realize that our political parties have
changed over the years.
bigdog
2018-05-05 01:44:23 UTC
Post by BOZ
Post by BOZ
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
[...]
I prefer to be an American as opposed to a citizen of the world. I don't
know what a one world government would look like but it's a pretty good
bet it wouldn't have the same respect for fundamental liberties as our
Constitution guarantees us. I know it won't happen in my lifetime, but I
wonder if future generations are going to cherish our liberties as much as
we do now. We already have an Antifa movement that has no respect for the
first amendment and thinks it's perfectly OK to stifle political speech
which they do no agree with.
Anthony Marsh
2018-05-06 00:40:46 UTC
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
Post by BOZ
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
[...]
So you are a Trump nativist.
Post by bigdog
know what a one world government would look like but it's a pretty good
bet it wouldn't have the same respect for fundamental liberties as our
Constitution guarantees us. I know it won't happen in my lifetime, but I
Exactly. Which is why I can't see why you want to Collude with Russia to
destroy our Constitution.
No. Trump is destroying our country.
BOZ
Marsh is probably in favor of a one world government.
Anthony Marsh
2018-05-07 16:19:46 UTC
Post by BOZ
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
Post by BOZ
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
[...]
Nope. Stop the cheap slander. I believe in something much more dangerous.
It's called DEMOCRACY.
Now, don't get scared and cry and run away.
OHLeeRedux
Like Anthony does every time I post a response to his nonsense.
BOZ
I don't run. I fight. I KO. I hospitalize.
Anthony Marsh
2018-05-08 23:44:56 UTC
Post by BOZ
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by BOZ
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
Post by BOZ
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
[...]
OH, so now you think you're a thug.
But too afraid to answer simple questions.
Hiding behind a ridiculous alias.
BOZ
I'd like to challenge you to a duel. Are you man enough?
Anthony Marsh
2018-05-11 02:51:27 UTC
Post by BOZ
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by BOZ
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by BOZ
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
[...]
With what? So are you admiting to making online threats.
Some punk here was just sentenced to 7 years for Cyber bulling.
OHLeeRedux
What did he do, call you a liar? If so, I'd say he was falsely convicted.
Anthony Marsh
2018-05-13 20:05:11 UTC
Post by OHLeeRedux
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by BOZ
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by BOZ
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by BOZ
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
[...]
You aren't smart enough to look it up for yourself.

BOZ

bigdog
He probably thinks we already have a shadow one world government.
Anthony Marsh
2018-05-08 23:56:06 UTC
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
Post by BOZ
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
[...]
Says the Trump supporter who believes his paranoid Deep State conspiracy
theory.
Steve BH
2018-05-09 23:19:10 UTC
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
Post by BOZ
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
[...]
There are many levels of federalization. And the best ones have ways for
members to back out if they don't like it, like Brexit, but NOT like the
US constitution, which when put in force was found to have no way to turn
it off, or get out of it (a bit like the sorcerer's apprentice, there).

I personally like loose confederations for specific purposes, like NAFTA
or EUROZONE. If you don't like it, get out of it. The point in those
relationships is to provide stability, future guidance, and dependability
for trade, which is not a zero sum game, but is a semi-magical practice
where both parties gain, and wealth is created out of nowhere (I trade
food for your water, and instead of us both dying, we both live and
thrive).

If you think of the original Star Trek, the loose "Federation of Planets"
was not a government as we know it. They didn't lord it over the Vulcans
(say) and tell when what to do. Instead, they offered trade. The Vulcans
could trade trillium and kivas for dilithium, or something. And everybody
would be happy, if happiness was something Vulcans partook of. One
supposes they found it agreeable, anyway.

The reason Donald Trump doens't like trade is he comes from a zero-sum
world of shady real estate where you don't pay your contractors. Plus,
he's an idiot. You could sell him TPP only by convincing him it was a way
for the US to screw China. That's the world he lives in. Fortunately,
there's another world that brought us the wealth of modern nations, which
grew up long before Trump, and will be there after he is gone. We need
that world, to thrive. Let us hope Trump is gone soon and we can go back
to doing the best kind of business (the honest trade that Trump never
did).
BOZ
LOWEST UNEMPLOYMENT RATE SINCE 2000.
Anthony Marsh
2018-05-11 17:54:55 UTC
Post by BOZ
Post by Steve BH
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
Post by BOZ
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
[...]
But you can't tell us who was President in 2000. He might not be a
rightwing Republican.
BOZ
BILL CLINTON.
Anthony Marsh
2018-05-13 19:37:09 UTC
Post by BOZ
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by BOZ
Post by Steve BH
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
Post by BOZ
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
[...]
OMG! You mean the Clinton's did something good? So THAT's why you voted
for them. To get a job.
Remember when Bush would send us checks for $250?
Big sale that month at Circuit City.
Jason Burke
2018-05-12 21:54:42 UTC
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by BOZ
Post by Steve BH
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
Post by BOZ
Post by bigdog
Post by BOZ
[...]
Once again, Anthony Anthony has no concept of reality.
Big surprise there.