Program alert: Ike
2018-07-04 01:51:15 UTC
This afternoon I caught the second half of an outstanding program called
Three Days in January on Fox Business Channel. It is a rebroadcast from
2017. I believe the title refers to the three days between Ike's farewell
speech and JFK's inaugural address, but it covers all of the Eisenhauer
years as well as his role as an elder statesman after he left office. I
was not surprised to learn JFK sought his counsel during the Cuban Missile
Crisis and they played part of a recorded phone conversation between the
two. There were some very insightful interviews with David Eisenhauer as
Sergei Khrushchev.

It is scheduled to be rebroadcast tonight at 9:00 EST and on July 4 at
6:00. Based on the half of it I saw, I highly recommend this program. I'm
am looking forward to seeing it in its entirety.
David Von Pein
2018-07-05 02:17:39 UTC
This afternoon I caught the second half of an outstanding program called
Three Days in January on Fox Business Channel. It is a rebroadcast from
2017. I believe the title refers to the three days between Ike's farewell
speech and JFK's inaugural address, but it covers all of the Eisenhauer
years as well as his role as an elder statesman after he left office. I
was not surprised to learn JFK sought his counsel during the Cuban Missile
Crisis and they played part of a recorded phone conversation between the
two.
PHONE CALL -- JFK & DWIGHT EISENHOWER (OCTOBER 22, 1962):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KFei3W7bGOZExNTEtGV25DaW8/view

PHONE CALL -- JFK & DWIGHT EISENHOWER (OCTOBER 28, 1962):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KFei3W7bGObmI5WDc0Z3NkQjg/view
bigdog
2018-07-05 02:18:25 UTC
OOPS!!! I realize now I misspelled Eisenhower. Eisenhauer didn't look
right to me when I wrote it but my spell checker passed it so I thought it
was OK. It turns out Eisenhauer is also a legitimate surname and a
different form of Eisenhower but Ike went by Eisenhower. Eisenhauer is a
German word meaning iron hewer.
Anthony Marsh
See, you can't trust anybody. Maybe you need a Cockney spellchecker!
Anthony Marsh
2018-07-05 23:14:11 UTC
This afternoon I caught the second half of an outstanding program called
Three Days in January on Fox Business Channel. It is a rebroadcast from
2017. I believe the title refers to the three days between Ike's farewell
speech and JFK's inaugural address, but it covers all of the Eisenhauer
years as well as his role as an elder statesman after he left office. I
was not surprised to learn JFK sought his counsel during the Cuban Missile
Crisis and they played part of a recorded phone conversation between the
two. There were some very insightful interviews with David Eisenhauer as
Sergei Khrushchev.
It is scheduled to be rebroadcast tonight at 9:00 EST and on July 4 at
6:00. Based on the half of it I saw, I highly recommend this program. I'm
am looking forward to seeing it in its entirety.
Of course you watch FOX 24 hours a day. You didn't have to confirm that
here.
Mark
2018-07-08 12:55:59 UTC
This afternoon I caught the second half of an outstanding program called
Three Days in January on Fox Business Channel. It is a rebroadcast from
2017. I believe the title refers to the three days between Ike's farewell
speech and JFK's inaugural address, but it covers all of the Eisenhauer
years as well as his role as an elder statesman after he left office. I
was not surprised to learn JFK sought his counsel during the Cuban Missile
Crisis and they played part of a recorded phone conversation between the
two. There were some very insightful interviews with David Eisenhauer as
Sergei Khrushchev.
It is scheduled to be rebroadcast tonight at 9:00 EST and on July 4 at
6:00. Based on the half of it I saw, I highly recommend this program. I'm
am looking forward to seeing it in its entirety.
It was definitely worth watching. Thanks for the notice. I like Ike.
Mark
bigdog
2018-07-09 13:50:40 UTC
Post by Mark
Post by bigdog
[...]
Since posting this, I've had a chance to view the full program on my DVR.
Very insightful and I learned several things about Ike I didn't know. I
knew he had heart problems in his later years but had no idea how bad it
was. It said he suffered 7 heart attacks from his first one in 1955 until
he succumbed to congestive heart failure in 1969. I wouldn't be surprised
if his heavy smoking contributed to that. I also like that they got Sergei
Khrushchev's perspective on the various crises from the Russian
perspective. For some reason I thought he had passed away but according to
Wikipedia, he's still alive. Who would have guessed during the Nikita
Khrushchev's reign that one day his son would become an American citizen.
n***@gmail.com
2018-07-10 04:00:18 UTC
Post by Mark
Post by bigdog
[...]
Yes. There were a lot of ironies in the aftermath of the Cold War, but
Nikita's son joining the other side has to rank right up there. Mark
Anthony Marsh
2018-07-12 02:11:13 UTC
Post by n***@gmail.com
Post by bigdog
Post by Mark
Post by bigdog
[...]
How about Stalin's daughter?

Anthony Marsh
2018-07-10 19:47:27 UTC
Post by Mark
Post by bigdog
[...]
Nixon even temporarily took over as President.
Anthony Marsh
2018-07-09 19:39:38 UTC
Post by Mark
Post by bigdog
[...]
Yes, when I was a little kid I liked Ike.
Because he won the war and freed the people from the concentration camps.