The 3 Shots
Buford T. Justice
2004-11-27 17:50:44 UTC
I have dug through a lot of websites. It seems most are geared towards a
conspiracy. I was just wanting to find a good, detailed article on the 3
shots fired. The best I can find is this...

Shot 1 - Misses the motorcade completely. This gives the superficial wound
to Tague's cheek.

Shot 2 - Hits Kennedy in the throat and hits the Governor multiple times.

Shot 3 - The head shot that kills Kennedy. It hits nothing else.

Is this correct?

Thanks,
BTJustice
Allan
BTJustice
Ricky Tobias
2004-11-27 22:00:58 UTC
Post by Allan
I believe that is the Warren commission version of the three shots in a nut
shell.
Wrong. They did not determine which shot hit or missed nor which shot
caused the limo damage.
Post by Allan
Post by Buford T. Justice
I have dug through a lot of websites. It seems most are geared towards a
conspiracy. I was just wanting to find a good, detailed article on the 3
shots fired. The best I can find is this...
Shot 1 - Misses the motorcade completely. This gives the superficial wound
to Tague's cheek.
Shot 2 - Hits Kennedy in the throat and hits the Governor multiple times.
Shot 3 - The head shot that kills Kennedy. It hits nothing else.
Is this correct?
Thanks,
BTJustice
Ricky

"Ballistic Findings in the JFK Autopsy Photos".
An early draft with some errors is posted at:
http://karws.gso.uri.edu/JFK/Issues_and_evidence/Frontal_shot(s)/Tobias_frontal_shots/Tobias--Ballistics_Findings.html
Problems try:
http://karws.gso.uri.edu/JFK/JFK.html
Then go to: Issues and evidence
Then go to: Frontal shot(s)
or
go to: Notices and recent additions to the site
Then find above title posted April 11, 2001.
Gerry Simone (W)
2004-11-27 20:13:49 UTC
The WC doesn't conclude which shot missed, but Tague finally says that it
was the second shot that hit him because he believed that he heard a third
and final shot after he felt something hit him (he also said that he
couldn't say definitely if it was the second or third shot, but in his
recent, own book, he says he guessed at the time and now has a different
account).

I think many would say that their interpretation of the WCR is that the
second shot missed.

Therefore, 1st shot is the single-bullet hit thru JFK and Connally (if you
want to believe that), second shot miss and third shot fatal hit to JFK.

The WC also mentions the possibility of a fragment from the third or head
shot that might have travelled all the way to where Tague was to cause the
deflection hit off the curb, but that was not proven. Also, there are hits
to the front windshield frame and windshield. I believe the WC stated that
those were probably caused by the head shot fragments (fragments were found
on the front seat or floor), although the Secret Service stated that the
windshield frame dent may have been there from before.
BTJustice
Ricky Tobias
2004-11-27 21:13:47 UTC
Post by Buford T. Justice
I have dug through a lot of websites. It seems most are geared towards a
conspiracy. I was just wanting to find a good, detailed article on the 3
shots fired. The best I can find is this...
Shot 1 - Misses the motorcade completely. This gives the superficial wound
to Tague's cheek.
Shot 2 - Hits Kennedy in the throat and hits the Governor multiple times.
Shot 3 - The head shot that kills Kennedy. It hits nothing else.
Is this correct?
No. Nobody knows if shot one and two above occurred in that order.
It could be 2 then 1. One of the three shots must hit the windshield
and chrome causing that damage. We also have a well documented bullet
hit near the south Elm manhole cover in the grass. The bullet did not
hit the concrete. A bullet is reported being found and others report
that in bounced out and was not found. This bullet would then go on
to hit the curb and a fragment wounds Tague.

Gerry Simone (W)
2004-11-27 22:57:07 UTC
Wasn't there a ricochet off a sidewalk? The road?

A researcher told me that when Penn Jones visited DP soon after the
assassination, he noticed a police cruiser parked over the sidewalk where a
shot had struck.

And whatever happened to the issue that the windshield frame dent existed
before the assassination as a SSA said was possible (that dent looks too
circular to me for it be an irregular bullet fragment hit coming from the
head shot)?
Drumrolls3
2004-11-28 02:26:31 UTC
Subject: Re: The 3 Shots
From: "Gerry Simone (W)"
Date: 11/27/2004 5:57 PM Eastern Standard Time
Wasn't there a ricochet off a sidewalk? The road?
A researcher told me that when Penn Jones visited DP soon after the
assassination, he noticed a police cruiser parked over the sidewalk where a
shot had struck.
Hi gerry:

That issue was resoplved in the 80's when Earl Golz had that chunk of
sidewalk removed an taken to a place and analysed. It was nothing more
than one of the construction workers' hankies or bandanna's which had
fallen into the concrete and someone tried to pull it out after the cement
started to dry. It left that mark in the concrete when it was yanked out,
leaving the other half embedded within the sidewalk.

So much for Penn Jones' conspiracy theory.

Steve
Ricky Tobias
2004-11-28 02:58:26 UTC
On 27 Nov 2004 17:57:07 -0500, "Gerry Simone (W)"
Post by Gerry Simone (W)
Wasn't there a ricochet off a sidewalk? The road?
The north sidewalk about the first shot area was reported to be hit many
years later because a car wreck had scraped the concrete. Some researcher
cut it out and tested it for metal and found none. I saw it before it was
removed. It was definitely not caused by a bullet. It was about 3-4
inches and slightly curved running east to west. The north edge was about
1/8" deep and straight down. The south edge was a slope of about an inch
up to the original surface. This was probably done by a car bumper if not
deliberately done. The mark in the concrete on the south manhole concrete
was probably done by Groden but could have been a pouring defect where a
twig was covered with a thin layer of concrete and when the twig rotted
the concrete chipped away leaving about a 2" east west trench about 1/4"
deep with squared sides. This is not a bullet strike and was not filmed
on 11-22-63. If present it must be covered in dirt and not the focus of
the investigation. The Fort Worth Star Telegram took photos with a pencil
pointing at the ground strike or the bullet. Several witnesses did report
seeing other bullet srikes on the pavement but this was never proven or
documented with photos of the strike.
Post by Gerry Simone (W)
A researcher told me that when Penn Jones visited DP soon after the
assassination, he noticed a police cruiser parked over the sidewalk where a
shot had struck.
Yes the cruiser is there as proven by the photos on 11-22-63 but was the
concrete damaged? We do not know and cannot prove when the concrete was
damaged before, after or on 11-22-63.
Post by Gerry Simone (W)
And whatever happened to the issue that the windshield frame dent existed
before the assassination as a SSA said was possible (that dent looks too
circular to me for it be an irregular bullet fragment hit coming from the
head shot)?
I think it could be a fragmented bullet. It certainly was not at full
velocity or it would have shattered the windshield. Photos taken before
and after the assassination tend to show no damage thus I am almost
certain the damage was caused by a bullet. We are limited by the quality
of the photos. It is significant that the FBI did photograph the damage
thinking that it was a bullet strike. They could examine it in detail.

John Hill
2004-11-29 03:07:55 UTC
TOP POST

Extremely reasonable and well said.
I agree there is no actual evidence of ANY strikes outside of the limo.
--
John Hill (joisa)
Post by Gerry Simone (W)
Ricky Tobias
2004-11-29 15:27:52 UTC
Post by John Hill
TOP POST
Extremely reasonable and well said.
I agree there is no actual evidence of ANY strikes outside of the limo.
No. There is a well documented strike in the grass at the south west
corner of the south Elm manhole. Several officers testified to this
before the WC. Foster for sure and Walthers I think. We also have
affidavits from the Hartman's and the photos. We have films showing
the manhole investigation at about 1 and 5 pm on 11-22-63 and again on
11-23-63 about 8 am. What we do not have is police lab photos which
is unusual for they would prove or disprove the findings. It appears
that they were taken but disappeared. We do have the Star Telegram
photos.

Gerry Simone (W)
John Hill
2004-12-04 05:17:50 UTC
Post by Ricky Tobias
Post by John Hill
TOP POST
Extremely reasonable and well said.
I agree there is no actual evidence of ANY strikes outside of the limo.
No. There is a well documented strike in the grass at the south west
corner of the south Elm manhole. Several officers testified to this
before the WC. Foster for sure and Walthers I think. We also have
affidavits from the Hartman's and the photos. We have films showing
the manhole investigation at about 1 and 5 pm on 11-22-63 and again on
11-23-63 about 8 am. What we do not have is police lab photos which
is unusual for they would prove or disprove the findings. It appears
that they were taken but disappeared. We do have the Star Telegram
photos.
You're correct. I wasn't thinking about that.

However, I must say i'm distressed that whatever plowed into the ground
there was never recovered - apparantly.
John Hill (joisa)
Gerry Simone (W)
2004-11-29 17:30:39 UTC
Not the windshield or glass Ricky, but the frame.

I believe the WC volumes might have quoted some SSA saying it could have
been there from before the assassination.
Post by Gerry Simone (W)
Ricky Tobias
2004-11-30 00:31:35 UTC
On 29 Nov 2004 12:30:35 -0500, "Gerry Simone (W)"
Post by Gerry Simone (W)
Not the windshield or glass Ricky, but the frame.
I know and the frame is not strong enough to withstand a full force
impact of a 6.5 mm MC bullet. You would have glass fractures at the
point of impact even if the bullet did not penetrate the frame as
expected.
Post by Gerry Simone (W)
I believe the WC volumes might have quoted some SSA saying it could have
been there from before the assassination.
Yes and someone wrote a memo saying it occurred in New York. It
appears to be a debatable issue. If present before the assassination
we should be able to locate a photo or a repair report.
Post by Gerry Simone (W)
Post by Ricky Tobias
Post by Gerry Simone (W)
Post by Ricky Tobias
Post by Gerry Simone (W)
Post by Ricky Tobias
Post by Gerry Simone (W)

Gerry Simone (W)
2004-11-30 19:50:59 UTC
Ooohhhhhhh, ok.

Anthony Marsh posted a thread to show that it wasn't there before.

I personally think it's preposterous to say that it was there before.
Post by Gerry Simone (W)
Post by Ricky Tobias
Post by Gerry Simone (W)
Post by Ricky Tobias
Post by Gerry Simone (W)
Post by Ricky Tobias
Post by Gerry Simone (W)
Post by Ricky Tobias
Gerry Simone (W)
2004-11-29 17:34:19 UTC
I agree....I photographed the mark on the concrete around the man hole cover
last November on the 40th anniversary. I'm in the concrete flooring business
and that looks like what you've described.
Post by Gerry Simone (W)
Anthony Marsh
2004-11-29 15:28:33 UTC
Post by Gerry Simone (W)
Wasn't there a ricochet off a sidewalk? The road?
A researcher told me that when Penn Jones visited DP soon after the
assassination, he noticed a police cruiser parked over the sidewalk where a
shot had struck.
And whatever happened to the issue that the windshield frame dent existed
before the assassination as a SSA said was possible (that dent looks too
circular to me for it be an irregular bullet fragment hit coming from the
head shot)?
I proved that there was no dent to the chrome topping before Dealey Plaza.

http://www.boston.quik.com/amarsh/bestwitn.htm

Robert Groden showed that the TIP of a WCC M-C bullet fits the dent
perfectly. And one of the two large fragments found in the front seat
area is the nose portion of a WCC M-C bullet. That COULD have been what
hit the chrome topping. One large fragment at reduced velocity.
Gerry Simone (W)
2004-11-29 22:32:35 UTC
Excellent! Thank you Tony. Yes, it does look like a round indentation! And
it must be a secondary hit because as Ricky mentions and as even the WCR
states, if it was a direct hit, it would have punctured the frame.

But it begs the questions:

1. Why did the WC, SSA or FBI leave that issue as a loose end, as it seems?
2. Is the end of the WCC bullet nose fragment flattened?
Post by Gerry Simone (W)
Ron Judge
2004-11-28 03:39:14 UTC
Post by Buford T. Justice
I have dug through a lot of websites. It seems most are geared towards a
conspiracy. I was just wanting to find a good, detailed article on the 3
shots fired. The best I can find is this...
Shot 1 - Misses the motorcade completely. This gives the superficial wound
to Tague's cheek.
Shot 2 - Hits Kennedy in the throat and hits the Governor multiple times.
Shot 3 - The head shot that kills Kennedy. It hits nothing else.
Is this correct?
Thanks,
BTJustice
***The LN concensus is as stated above, with the possible exception of the
Tague wounding being from the first shot as opposed to a fragment from the
head shot.

Personally, i strongly disagree that the first shot missed. Zapruder, who
filmed the shooting, said in a candid interview shortly afterward, that he
heard a shot and saw Kennedy slump over to his left.

***Ron Judge
TEmptyPockets
2004-11-28 18:02:05 UTC
Date: 11/27/2004 7:39 PM Pacific Standard Time
Post by Buford T. Justice
[...]
As did most witnesses who observed JFK at the time of he first shot.
SS and spectators alike claimed that JFK reacted to and/or was struck by the
first shot.

So much for the 10 pages of WC "circular reasoning" in regards to the "Shot
that Missed".

Tom
Anthony Marsh
2004-11-29 15:23:06 UTC
Date: 11/27/2004 7:39 PM Pacific Standard Time
Post by Buford T. Justice
[...]
A few people may have reacted to the sound of the first shot. That does
not mean that they were struck by the first shot. Are you arguing that
Rosemary Willis was struck by the first shot?
Robert Harris
2004-11-28 17:57:30 UTC
Post by Buford T. Justice
I have dug through a lot of websites. It seems most are geared towards a
conspiracy. I was just wanting to find a good, detailed article on the 3
shots fired. The best I can find is this...
Shot 1 - Misses the motorcade completely. This gives the superficial wound
to Tague's cheek.
Shot 2 - Hits Kennedy in the throat and hits the Governor multiple times.
Shot 3 - The head shot that kills Kennedy. It hits nothing else.
Is this correct?
All of that is correct, except that the Tague wound was certainly not
caused by the first shot. As he testified, it was caused by the second
audible shot.

There is a bit more to the story as well.

http://jfkhistory.com/k/answers.html

Robert Harris
Post by Buford T. Justice
Thanks,
BTJustice
Gerry Simone (W)

BTJustice
John Hill
2004-11-29 03:07:41 UTC
Post by Buford T. Justice
I have dug through a lot of websites. It seems most are geared towards a
conspiracy. I was just wanting to find a good, detailed article on the 3
shots fired. The best I can find is this...
Shot 1 - Misses the motorcade completely. This gives the superficial wound
to Tague's cheek.
Shot 2 - Hits Kennedy in the throat and hits the Governor multiple times.
Shot 3 - The head shot that kills Kennedy. It hits nothing else.
Is this correct?
Not necessarily.

It could have been:
Shot 1 hits Kennedy in the back.
Shot 2 hits Connally in the back.
Shot 3 hits Kennedy in the head.
Tague is hit by a small fragment of bone or bullet from shot 3.
--
John Hill (joisa)