did-castro-ok-kennedy-assassination
2019-05-08 17:12:17 UTC
https://www.americanheritage.com/did-castro-ok-kennedy-assassination
Steve M. Galbraith
2019-05-11 14:40:03 UTC
https://www.americanheritage.com/did-castro-ok-kennedy-assassination
Castro to the AP reporter: "If U.S. leaders are aiding terrorist plans to
eliminate Cuban leaders, they themselves will not be safe. Let Kennedy and
his brother Robert take care of themselves, since they too can be the
victims of an attempt which will cause their death."

Reportedly, this story was in the NO Times Picayune, a paper that Oswald
read.

Recall, that both Castro and Che begged the Soviets during the missile
crisis to launch their nuclear missile at the US. Khrushchev said he was
stunned when he heard about it (he describes the incident in this
biography). Castro and Che were willing to kill millions if the hated
"imperialists" were destroyed. So it's certainly conceivable to me that
Castro would try to kill JFK even if it meant a war.

No, there's no evidence that Oswald killed JFK on Castro's orders. But I
think there's evidence that the Cuban and pro-Castro people Oswald met in
Mexico City gave him reason to do so. Reasons that he already had.
Steve M. Galbraith
2019-05-11 23:31:57 UTC
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by BOZ
[...]
Just to add; I've never read this part before: "Let Kennedy and his
brother Robert take care of themselves, since they too can be the victims
of an attempt which will cause their death."

Every other quote from him that I've read didn't specifically mention
Kenned and RFK. I've read he said "American leaders."

Did he explicitly said Kennedy and RFK? It's odd that he would mention
RFK, isn't it?
Anthony Marsh
2019-05-13 14:21:32 UTC
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by BOZ
[...]
No. RFK was in charge of Operation Mongoose, sabotage operations
targeted at Cuba.
BOZ
2019-05-11 23:38:17 UTC
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by BOZ
[...]
David Von Pein and Bugliosi successfully debunk the article I posted by
Gus Russo and Bolton.
Steve M. Galbraith
2019-05-12 22:51:07 UTC
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by BOZ
[...]
Russo doesn't say Castro "okayed" Oswald's act. He says that there is
evidence that Castro knew that Oswald was going to assassinate JFK. He
repeats the claim that when Oswald was at the Cuban consulate in MC that
Oswald threatened to kill JFK or said something along the lines that "JFK
should be killed".

Even if that's true, that's an incredibly weak case to make that Castro
was told of this. And that he knew it was going to happen? How did Castro
know Oswald was in Dallas?

In any case, I've always found it odd that the Cuban said Oswald had to
escorted out of the consulate with the admonition that "The Revolution
doesn't need people like you" but then later the Cubans granted him a
transit visa. That make no sense to me.
Anthony Marsh
2019-05-14 21:10:06 UTC
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by BOZ
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by BOZ
[...]
Sure, but how could Castro warn the US and who in the US?
Like the CIA, I'm sure that the Cubans would not divulge information
like that because it might expose methods and sources.
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Even if that's true, that's an incredibly weak case to make that Castro
was told of this. And that he knew it was going to happen? How did Castro
know Oswald was in Dallas?
We know that Castro was informed of the threat.
Why would Castro keep track of Oswald and know where he was at all
times? You seem to have this fixation that JFK could only be
assassinated in Dallas.
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
In any case, I've always found it odd that the Cuban said Oswald had to
escorted out of the consulate with the admonition that "The Revolution
doesn't need people like you" but then later the Cubans granted him a
transit visa. That make no sense to me.
I think it was only to pass through Cuba to get to Moscow.

Anthony Marsh
2019-05-13 14:21:44 UTC
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by BOZ
[...]
It is certainly possible that Oswald read the article, but does anyone
have proof that he actually did? Did Oswald watch TV then?
Anthony Marsh
2019-05-12 18:03:09 UTC
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by BOZ
https://www.americanheritage.com/did-castro-ok-kennedy-assassination
Castro to the AP reporter: "If U.S. leaders are aiding terrorist plans to
eliminate Cuban leaders, they themselves will not be safe. Let Kennedy and
his brother Robert take care of themselves, since they too can be the
victims of an attempt which will cause their death."
Reportedly, this story was in the NO Times Picayune, a paper that Oswald
read.
Recall, that both Castro and Che begged the Soviets during the missile
crisis to launch their nuclear missile at the US. Khrushchev said he was
stunned when he heard about it (he describes the incident in this
biography). Castro and Che were willing to kill millions if the hated
"imperialists" were destroyed. So it's certainly conceivable to me that
Castro would try to kill JFK even if it meant a war.
Yes, and Krushchev was shocked when he heard that Castro had kept some
shortrannge nuclear missles hidden in caves after Russia had taken out
all of its missiles.
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
No, there's no evidence that Oswald killed JFK on Castro's orders. But I
think there's evidence that the Cuban and pro-Castro people Oswald met in
Mexico City gave him reason to do so. Reasons that he already had.
So, do you undestand that this makes you a conspiracy kook?
Did you even bother reading my essay about the Cuban hoaxes?

http://the-puzzle-palace.com/cubahoax.htm