Bobby Hargis: "It sounded like the shots were
donald willis
2019-04-04 18:20:17 UTC
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
BOZ
2019-04-05 19:37:27 UTC
One of the motorcycle cops shot JFK?
donald willis
2019-04-06 16:38:24 UTC
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
One of the motorcycle cops shot JFK?
Hargis testified, I believe, that he was right next to the Presidential
limo. So, you're going to ask, So Jacqueline shot JFK? Have at it....

dcw
Mitch Todd
2019-04-07 17:43:37 UTC
Post by donald willis
Post by BOZ
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
One of the motorcycle cops shot JFK?
Hargis testified, I believe, that he was right next to the Presidential
limo. So, you're going to ask, So Jacqueline shot JFK? Have at it....
Next to the Presidential car, not the Queen Mary, which
is what you seem to need.

Anyway, have you considered that Hargis' judgement might
have been affected by the shock wave from the bullet itself,
which literally would have originated "right next to" him?

For that matter, can you rule out a backfire from the
limousine? It's not as far-fetched as possibility as
you might think. Back- and after-fires were much more
common back when automobile engines were carbuerated
and mechanically-regulated. Further, they're more
likely to occur with souped-up engines, which ss100x
definitely had. The kicker is, backfires tend to
happen because of sudden throttle changes, like Greer
lifting his foot from the accelerator just before the
last shot, and flooring it just after.
Anthony Marsh
2019-04-08 00:22:42 UTC
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by BOZ
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
One of the motorcycle cops shot JFK?
Hargis testified, I believe, that he was right next to the Presidential
limo.  So, you're going to ask, So Jacqueline shot JFK?  Have at it....
Next to the Presidential car, not the Queen Mary, which
is what you seem to need.
Anyway, have you considered that Hargis' judgement might
have been affected by the shock wave from the bullet itself,
which literally would have originated "right next to" him?
Or by a fragment hitting the chrome topping.
Or a bullete xplodiing in JKF's head.
Post by Mitch Todd
For that matter, can you rule out a backfire from the
limousine? It's not as far-fetched as possibility as
Yes.
donald willis
2019-04-09 00:52:14 UTC
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by BOZ
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
One of the motorcycle cops shot JFK?
Hargis testified, I believe, that he was right next to the Presidential
limo. So, you're going to ask, So Jacqueline shot JFK? Have at it....
Next to the Presidential car, not the Queen Mary, which
is what you seem to need.
The Queen Mary, however, was somewhat closer to Hargis than was the
depository. We can rule out the depository, in this instance, as the
source of either a shot or a backfire....

dcw
Mitch Todd
2019-04-09 19:28:40 UTC
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by BOZ
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
One of the motorcycle cops shot JFK?
Hargis testified, I believe, that he was right next to the Presidential
limo. So, you're going to ask, So Jacqueline shot JFK? Have at it....
Next to the Presidential car, not the Queen Mary, which
is what you seem to need.
The Queen Mary, however, was somewhat closer to Hargis than was the
depository. We can rule out the depository, in this instance, as the
source of either a shot or a backfire....
The QM was also behind Hargis. I don't know how the English
language works for you, but I take someone saying "right next
to me" as meaning "beside" [i.e. to the left or right] rather
than "in front of" or (importantly) "just behind." "Right next
to" doesn't do a good job of putting the source of the sound
in the back seat of the WM.

And there is still the matter of the alternatives I'd mentioned;
a bullet's shock wave or a backfire issuing from the limousine's
exhaust. Both of those better fit Hargis' statement. One would
absolutely be expected to have happened. The other one is too
likely to simply be dismissed. But you deleted that part of my
post and didn't address any of it, didn't you?
donald willis
2019-04-10 19:36:13 UTC
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by BOZ
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
One of the motorcycle cops shot JFK?
Hargis testified, I believe, that he was right next to the Presidential
limo. So, you're going to ask, So Jacqueline shot JFK? Have at it....
Next to the Presidential car, not the Queen Mary, which
is what you seem to need.
The Queen Mary, however, was somewhat closer to Hargis than was the
depository. We can rule out the depository, in this instance, as the
source of either a shot or a backfire....
The QM was also behind Hargis. I don't know how the English
language works for you, but I take someone saying "right next
to me" as meaning "beside" [i.e. to the left or right] rather
than "in front of" or (importantly) "just behind." "Right next
to" doesn't do a good job of putting the source of the sound
in the back seat of the WM.
It's about as good as it gets for humans. I've been in my back yard,
heard a loud sound, but not known where exactly it was coming from, just
that it was close by. On the other hand (or paw), my dog would seem to
know exactly where the sound was coming from. Maybe your ears are as keen
as a dog's, or cat's.... 'ears to you then!
Post by Mitch Todd
And there is still the matter of the alternatives I'd mentioned;
a bullet's shock wave or a backfire issuing from the limousine's
exhaust. Both of those better fit Hargis' statement. One would
absolutely be expected to have happened. The other one is too
likely to simply be dismissed. But you deleted that part of my
post and didn't address any of it, didn't you?
I don't address matters for which I have no comment, and I trim posts for
size reasons, not to censor them. Marsh once complained that he couldn't
tell who was who on a post, after I'd done my CUT. So I've reformed
somewhat, & try to leave the addresses at the top.

And you forgot the possibility of a tire blowing out, which one agent
seemed to think had happened. He and Hargis probably heard the same
thing....

dcw
Mitch Todd
2019-04-11 03:26:55 UTC
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by BOZ
Post by donald willis
[...]
Mine are keen enough to notice that when people say, 'right
next to me' in the context Hargis used, they strongly tend
to mean "beside me." "Right in front of" and "right behind"
take care of the other possibilities. There are exceptions,
but they are still exceptions, and it'd be nice if you gave
us good reason to believe in the exceptional.
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
And there is still the matter of the alternatives I'd mentioned;
a bullet's shock wave or a backfire issuing from the limousine's
exhaust. Both of those better fit Hargis' statement. One would
absolutely be expected to have happened. The other one is too
likely to simply be dismissed. But you deleted that part of my
post and didn't address any of it, didn't you?
I don't address matters for which I have no comment, and I trim posts for
size reasons, not to censor them. Marsh once complained that he couldn't
tell who was who on a post, after I'd done my CUT. So I've reformed
somewhat, & try to leave the addresses at the top.
And you forgot the possibility of a tire blowing out, which one agent
seemed to think had happened. He and Hargis probably heard the same
thing....
No one ever noticed that ss100x had a blown tire. Not at
Parkland, not on the way to it, not on the trip back to
Love Field. We can safely rule that out as a possibility.
Not so with a backfire: at the time that the frame 312
shot was fired, the conditions were just right for the
limousine to cough one up. And, a bullet's shock wave
would have to be expected. You can't simply assume that
if Hargis statement didn't mean the shot was fired from
the Presidential limo, then the Hickey conjecture must
be correct.
donald willis
2019-04-12 01:32:39 UTC
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by BOZ
Post by donald willis
[...]
So you're saying the noise came from the vicinity of FLOTUS? "Right next
to me" is, in this context, then, Jackie. Not a tire. Since we're being
very exact. The tires and the car's exhaust were not "right next" to
Hargis, though they might have been right next to Hargis's cycle's tires.
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
[...]
Okay. It might be correct. The source of sounds in Dealey was a tricky
business, apparently. The SS agents did, yes, turn around at the sound of
an early shot, but they were mostly looking around at ground level, not up
to the top of the depository.

dcw
Anthony Marsh
2019-04-13 19:13:53 UTC
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
[...]
Just curious. Have YOU ever heard a 167 decibel noise?
Do you think it would get drown out by cheering crowds?
Mitch Todd
2019-04-14 22:03:30 UTC
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by BOZ
Post by donald willis
[...]
Look again. Z film shows Hargis' front wheel looks to
be about even with the Continental's rear bumper.
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
[...]
The ability of a human being to determine sound direction is
much more acute horizontally than vertically, so that wouldn't
be surprising. What I'd like to know is how the guys in the
QM --especially Powers and O'Donnel both-- managed to completely
miss the the sound of a rifle going off a couple of feet from
them.
Anthony Marsh
2019-04-16 01:34:01 UTC
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by Mitch Todd
[...]
You were on thr right track, but you're not trying hard enough.
You should point out the ground reflection of the shock wave, whether a
bullet hit or not. That is stronger and louder and earlier than the
muzzle blast.

Also, the head snap reflex is designed to be horizontal. Prey is looking
for a predator at the same level.
Anthony Marsh
2019-04-13 03:22:45 UTC
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
And there is still the matter of the alternatives I'd mentioned;
a bullet's shock wave or a backfire issuing from the limousine's
exhaust. Both of those better fit Hargis' statement. One would
absolutely be expected to have happened. The other one is too
likely to simply be dismissed. But you deleted that part of my
post and didn't address any of it, didn't you?
I don't address matters for which I have no comment, and I trim posts for
size reasons, not to censor them.  Marsh once complained that he couldn't
tell who was who on a post, after I'd done my CUT.  So I've reformed
somewhat, & try to leave the addresses at the top.
And you forgot the possibility of a tire blowing out, which one agent
seemed to think had happened.  He and Hargis probably heard the same
thing....
No one ever noticed that ss100x had a blown tire. Not at
It did not have a blown tire. That is fiction.
be correct.
r***@gmail.com
2019-04-14 00:04:52 UTC
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
[...]
Nobody said it did. DCW brought it up sarcastically,
then it was pointed out that there was no evidence
for it whatsoever, so the possibility could simply
be ignored. Which part of that didn't you get?
claviger
2019-04-10 23:56:19 UTC
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by BOZ
Post by donald willis
[...]
DPMU Hargis and the other 3 MU Officers were positioned
between the Limousine and SS697X based on instructions
from SSA in charge of the Motorcade. I would think Hargis
could hear loud gunshots from either vehicle. He was close
same distance from both vehicles. If a rifle shot came from
behind, he would be downrange of the blast out the barrel.
The sound wave would radiate in his direction.
claviger
2019-04-11 00:19:55 UTC
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by BOZ
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
One of the motorcycle cops shot JFK?
Hargis testified, I believe, that he was right next to the Presidential
Next to the Presidential car, not the Queen Mary, which
is what you seem to need.
The Queen Mary, however, was somewhat closer to Hargis than was the
depository. We can rule out the depository, in this instance, as the
source of either a shot or a backfire....
The QM was also behind Hargis. I don't know how the English
language works for you, but I take someone saying "right next
to me" as meaning "beside" [i.e. to the left or right] rather
than "in front of" or (importantly) "just behind." "Right next
to" doesn't do a good job of putting the source of the sound
in the back seat of the WM.
DPD Hargis would be up-range from a shot in the backseat of the
Limousine, but down-range from a shot in the backseat of the
QM. Down-range would be louder.
Anthony Marsh
2019-04-10 23:57:51 UTC
Post by donald willis
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by donald willis
Post by BOZ
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
One of the motorcycle cops shot JFK?
Hargis testified, I believe, that he was right next to the Presidential
limo. So, you're going to ask, So Jacqueline shot JFK? Have at it....
Next to the Presidential car, not the Queen Mary, which
is what you seem to need.
The Queen Mary, however, was somewhat closer to Hargis than was the
depository. We can rule out the depository, in this instance, as the
source of either a shot or a backfire....
dcw
Wow, BRILLIANT! You are brave enough to declare that there was no car
backfire from inside the TSBD. How about on the overpass?
Anthony Marsh
2019-04-08 00:22:32 UTC
Post by donald willis
Post by BOZ
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
One of the motorcycle cops shot JFK?
Hargis testified, I believe, that he was right next to the Presidential
limo. So, you're going to ask, So Jacqueline shot JFK? Have at it....
That as one theory. The Derringer in the Pillbox hat. Another was the
driver Greer.
dcw
Anthony Marsh
2019-04-06 21:06:51 UTC
One of the kook theories was that the driver, Geer, shot JFK.
BOZ
2019-04-05 23:56:40 UTC
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
So the black guys who on the 5th floor suffered from auditory
hallucinations.
Anthony Marsh
2019-04-06 21:07:03 UTC
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
So the black guys who on the 5th floor suffered from auditory
hallucinations.
How so? They are talking about the 3 shots from the 6th floor.
Donahue was talking about a FOURTH shot not from the TSBD.
donald willis
2019-04-06 21:17:34 UTC
Who's on the 5th floor. What's on second. I don't know is on third....
r***@gmail.com
2019-04-06 00:00:39 UTC
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
Mr. HARGIS - Well, at the time it sounded like the shots were right next
to me. There wasn't any way in the world I could tell where they were
coming from, but at the time there was something in my head that said that
they probably could have been coming from the railroad overpass, because I
thought since I had got splattered, with blood--I was Just a little back
and left of--Just a little bit back and left of Mrs. Kennedy, but I didn't
know. I had a feeling that it might have been from the Texas Book
Depository, and these two places was the primary place that could have
been shot from.
claviger
2019-04-06 21:17:04 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
Mr. HARGIS - Well, at the time it sounded like the shots were right next
to me. There wasn't any way in the world I could tell where they were
coming from, but at the time there was something in my head that said that
they probably could have been coming from the railroad overpass, because I
thought since I had got splattered, with blood--I was Just a little back
and left of--Just a little bit back and left of Mrs. Kennedy, but I didn't
know. I had a feeling that it might have been from the Texas Book
Depository, and these two places was the primary place that could have
been shot from.
Excellent example of a witness trying to rationalize what he actually
heard vs what his brain is telling him he should hear. In this case Ears
vs Eyes. He did go up the GK and saw NOTHING.
Anthony Marsh
He did see a SS agent, but there were no SS agents on the grassy knoll.
BOZ
2019-04-09 00:50:38 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by donald willis
[...]
SS agents on the grassy knoll? You have an obsession with NAZIS. Do you
think it was Heinrich Himmler who approached J M Smith?
donald willis
2019-04-06 21:18:02 UTC
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
Mr. HARGIS - Well, at the time it sounded like the shots were right next
to me. There wasn't any way in the world I could tell where they were
coming from, but at the time there was something in my head that said that
they probably could have been coming from the railroad overpass, because I
thought since I had got splattered, with blood--I was Just a little back
and left of--Just a little bit back and left of Mrs. Kennedy, but I didn't
know. I had a feeling that it might have been from the Texas Book
Depository, and these two places was the primary place that could have
been shot from.
So his hearing would suggest a shot from the SS car. (Closest thing to
Hargis, except Jackie, and no one....) His body would suggest Knoll.
And a "feeling" suggests the depository. That unexplained feeling
suggests, further, that Hargis was just acknowledging what everyone was
saying....

dcw
claviger
2019-04-07 02:36:53 UTC
Post by donald willis
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by donald willis
[...]
This is about what Hargis was hearing and thinking.

Mr. STERN - Just a minute. Do you recall your impression at the time
regarding the source of the shots?

Mr. HARGIS - Well, at the time it sounded like the shots were right next
to me. There wasn't any way in the world I could tell where they
were coming from, but at the time there was something in my head
that said that they probably could have been coming from the
railroad overpass, because I thought since I had got splattered,
with blood--I was Just a little back and left of--Just a little bit
back and left of Mrs. Kennedy, but I didn't know. I had a feeling
that it might have been from the Texas Book Depository, and these
two places was the primary place that could have been shot from.

Mr. STERN - You were clear that the sounds were sounds of shots?

Mr. HARGIS - Yes. sir: I knew they were shots.

So his sensory impression was the shots were right next to him. As he
thought about it they could've come from two opposite directions, the
Triple Underpass or TSBD Building. He checked out the Railroad Trestle
and no sniper anywhere up there. As we know a DPD Officer was on duty up
there during the parade. Curious that DPD Hargis was on a motorcade
surrounded by other motorcycles and cheering crowds of onlookers, but the
blast of the shot sounded right next to his position. SSA Halfback was
right next to him. A rifle shot from that close would sound loud.
r***@gmail.com
2019-04-07 17:41:45 UTC
Post by donald willis
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by donald willis
[...]
Reading Trask must cause brain damage. I'm gonna stay away from that
stuff.
Anthony Marsh
2019-04-08 00:23:20 UTC
Post by donald willis
Post by r***@gmail.com
Post by donald willis
[...]
WTF are you doing admitting that a shot came from the front? You sound
like a conspiracy kook!
Anthony Marsh
2019-04-08 00:22:24 UTC
Which does not prove a fact.
Steve Barber
2019-04-12 01:38:40 UTC
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
I don't think any of you are taking into consideration the fact that
Hargis' helmet more than likely played a role in distorting the sound of
the shots as they were fired. There is debate over motorcycle/bike
helmets and the affect they have on the riders hearing.
claviger
Cite please.
Steve Barber
2019-04-14 00:04:16 UTC
Post by Steve Barber
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
I don't think any of you are taking into consideration the fact that
Hargis' helmet more than likely played a role in distorting the sound of
the shots as they were fired. There is debate over motorcycle/bike
helmets and the affect they have on the riders hearing.
Cite please.
Ok. Here is one of many on Google.
https://www.allinjuryattorney.com/do-motorcycle-helmets-impair-hearing-and-vision-of-the-rider/
claviger
2019-04-14 18:24:11 UTC
Post by Steve Barber
Post by claviger
Post by Steve Barber
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
I don't think any of you are taking into consideration the fact that
Hargis' helmet more than likely played a role in distorting the sound of
the shots as they were fired. There is debate over motorcycle/bike
helmets and the affect they have on the riders hearing.
Cite please.
Ok. Here is one of many on Google.
https://www.allinjuryattorney.com/do-motorcycle-helmets-impair-hearing-and-vision-of-the-rider/
Results – Hearing

The hearing test showed that there was no significant differences in the
riders’ ability to hear the auditory signals regardless of whether
they were wearing a helmet or not. There was a difference in the hearing
threshold between travel speeds of 30 and 50 mph. At the greatest speed,
all readers needed a louder auditory signal because of increased wind
noise.

For any given speed, helmets neither diminished nor enhanced hearing.

The results indicate that helmet use does not restrict the ability to hear
auditory signals or the likelihood of seeing a vehicle in an adjacent lane
prior to lane changes. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
recommends that all motorcycle riders wear an approved helmet as any small
interferences they contribute are far outweighed by the benefits of
wearing a motorcycle helmet.

Why are you posting information disproving your theory? I posted a website
selling motorcycle helmets to Police Officers. The part underneath the
hard plastic helmet around the ears appears to be cloth or leather. There
is about a 2" hole where the ear is located. I see no reason it should
impair hearing traffic sounds for a Police Officer or anyone else. No
reason to not hear any loud gunshot, especially close by. It is essential
motorcycle officers be able to hear sirens and gunfire.
Anthony Marsh
2019-04-16 01:34:23 UTC
Post by Steve Barber
Post by claviger
Post by Steve Barber
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
I don't think any of you are taking into consideration the fact that
Hargis' helmet more than likely played a role in distorting the sound of
the shots as they were fired. There is debate over motorcycle/bike
helmets and the affect they have on the riders hearing.
Cite please.
Ok. Here is one of many on Google.
https://www.allinjuryattorney.com/do-motorcycle-helmets-impair-hearing-and-vision-of-the-rider/
Exactly, but is a cop's helmet the same as an ordinary biker's?
How is a cop able to hear his radio?
Anthony Marsh
Google
claviger
2019-04-13 19:12:20 UTC
Post by Steve Barber
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
I don't think any of you are taking into consideration the fact that
Hargis' helmet more than likely played a role in distorting the sound of
the shots as they were fired. There is debate over motorcycle/bike
helmets and the affect they have on the riders hearing.
Law Enforcement Motorcycle Helmets
https://superseer.com/Law-Enforcement-Motorcycle-Helmets
claviger
These Police Helmets have a 2" Triangle Shape for the Ear Hole.
Anthony Marsh
Ears are triangular? You've been watching too much Star Trek Mr. Spock.
Steve Barber
2019-04-14 22:03:21 UTC
Post by Steve Barber
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
I don't think any of you are taking into consideration the fact that
Hargis' helmet more than likely played a role in distorting the sound of
the shots as they were fired. There is debate over motorcycle/bike
helmets and the affect they have on the riders hearing.
Law Enforcement Motorcycle Helmets
https://superseer.com/Law-Enforcement-Motorcycle-Helmets
Are you certain that the helmets of today are like those in 1963?

Have you ever examined footage that show Dallas police officers in helmet
close up, and compared them with today's helmets? There's a bit of a
difference.
slats
2019-04-15 19:47:31 UTC
Post by Steve Barber
Post by claviger
Post by Steve Barber
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
I don't think any of you are taking into consideration the fact
that Hargis' helmet more than likely played a role in distorting
the sound of the shots as they were fired. There is debate over
motorcycle/bike helmets and the affect they have on the riders
hearing.
Law Enforcement Motorcycle Helmets
https://superseer.com/Law-Enforcement-Motorcycle-Helmets
Are you certain that the helmets of today are like those in 1963?
Have you ever examined footage that show Dallas police officers in helmet
close up, and compared them with today's helmets? There's a bit of a
difference.
helmet worn on 11/22/63

Steve Barber
2019-04-18 01:44:12 UTC
Post by slats
Post by Steve Barber
Post by claviger
Post by Steve Barber
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
I don't think any of you are taking into consideration the fact
that Hargis' helmet more than likely played a role in distorting
the sound of the shots as they were fired. There is debate over
motorcycle/bike helmets and the affect they have on the riders
hearing.
Law Enforcement Motorcycle Helmets
https://superseer.com/Law-Enforcement-Motorcycle-Helmets
Are you certain that the helmets of today are like those in 1963?
Have you ever examined footage that show Dallas police officers in helmet
close up, and compared them with today's helmets? There's a bit of a
difference.
helmet worn on 11/22/63
https://i.postimg.cc/QNJnp25p/3314921-1.jpg
Thank you, Slats. Of course, the flaps that fit over the ears are tucked
under the helmet in this picture.

Anthony Marsh
2019-04-16 01:35:00 UTC
Post by Steve Barber
Post by claviger
Post by Steve Barber
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
I don't think any of you are taking into consideration the fact that
Hargis' helmet more than likely played a role in distorting the sound of
the shots as they were fired. There is debate over motorcycle/bike
helmets and the affect they have on the riders hearing.
Law Enforcement Motorcycle Helmets
https://superseer.com/Law-Enforcement-Motorcycle-Helmets
Are you certain that the helmets of today are like those in 1963?
Have you ever examined footage that show Dallas police officers in helmet
close up, and compared them with today's helmets? There's a bit of a
difference.
Holy thread drift. I guess we've finally drifted into discussing the most
important controversies in this case. So were the DPD helmets the best
available or the worst?

On a more personal note, have you ever known a motorcycle cop who was good
enough to draw and shoot accurately while riding his bike? Is there
special training for that?
Anthony Marsh
Yes, but is that only about modern helmets or does it cover 1963?
Anthony Marsh
2019-04-13 19:14:07 UTC
Post by Steve Barber
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
I don't think any of you are taking into consideration the fact that
Hargis' helmet more than likely played a role in distorting the sound of
the shots as they were fired. There is debate over motorcycle/bike
helmets and the affect they have on the riders hearing.
That's why it's so important for cops to wear their helmets.
So that they can't hear any gunshots in the neighborhood so then they
don't have to react. Hear nothing, see nothing.
Steve Barber
2019-04-14 18:22:51 UTC
Post by Steve Barber
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
I don't think any of you are taking into consideration the fact that
Hargis' helmet more than likely played a role in distorting the sound of
the shots as they were fired. There is debate over motorcycle/bike
helmets and the affect they have on the riders hearing.
That's why it's so important for cops to wear their helmets.
So that they can't hear any gunshots in the neighborhood so then they
don't have to react. Hear nothing, see nothing.
You should be given the "Stupid Comment Of The Decade" award, Marsh.
It doesn't surprise me that you have it in for law enforcement. Doesn't
surprise me at all!
Anthony Marsh
2019-04-16 01:36:36 UTC
Post by Steve Barber
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Steve Barber
Post by donald willis
right next to me"--hearings v6p294 (4/8/64).
I don't think any of you are taking into consideration the fact that
Hargis' helmet more than likely played a role in distorting the sound of
the shots as they were fired. There is debate over motorcycle/bike
helmets and the affect they have on the riders hearing.
That's why it's so important for cops to wear their helmets.
So that they can't hear any gunshots in the neighborhood so then they
don't have to react. Hear nothing, see nothing.
You should be given the "Stupid Comment Of The Decade" award, Marsh.
It doesn't surprise me that you have it in for law enforcement. Doesn't
surprise me at all!
WELL, thank you for that endorsement. It's nice to see someone appreciate
my scarcasm. Obviously you forgot that I played in the Boston Police Band
for several years. Did you ever play drums in your local police band or
only trap sets?