Definition of tangential wound
GKnoll
2015-10-14 02:52:15 UTC
One of those things that has eluded me for a few years is what precisely
was meant by "tangential" wound when Dr. Clark used that term to describe
the wound ON THE SIDE of the Presidents head.

I now believe I know what he meant by that term...He meant that the wound
on the side of the head was not caused directly by the bullet implying
that he did not think the bullet entered or exited there but, rather, the
wound on the side of the head was caused by the effects which were caused
because the bullet struck the head at an oblique angle and caused
secondary missiles to be created ( such as skull fragments etc)

Here is exactly what Dr. Clark said and how he defined the term
"tangential"...

Mr. SPECTER - What, if anything, did you say then in the course of that
press conference?
Dr. CLARK - I described the President's wound in his head in very much
the same way as I have described it here. I was asked if this wound was
an entrance wound, an exit wound, or what, and I said it could be an
exit wound, but I felt it was a TANGENTIAL wound.

Mr. SPECTER - Which wound did you refer to at this time?
Dr. CLARK - The wound in the head.
Mr. SPECTER - Did you describe at that time what you meant by "tangential"?
Dr. CLARK - Yes, sir; I did.
Mr. SPECTER - What definition of "tangential" did you make at that time?
Dr. CLARK - As I remember, I defined the word "tangential" as
being---striking an object obliquely, not squarely or head on.
Mr. SPECTER - Will you describe at this time in somewhat greater detail
the consequences of a tangential wound as contrasted with another type
of a striking?
Dr. CLARK - Let me begin by saying that the damage suffered by an organ
when struck by a bullet or other missile---
Mr. SPECTER - May the record show that I interrupted the deposition for
about 2 minutes to ascertain what our afternoon schedule would be here
because the regular administration office ordinarily closes at 12
o'clock, which was just about 15 minutes ago, and then we resumed the
deposition of Dr. Clark as he was discussing the concept of tangential
and other types of striking. Go ahead, Doctor.
Dr. CLARK - The effects of any missile striking an organ or a function
of the energy which is shed by the missile in passing through this organ
when a bullet strikes the head, if it is able to pass through rapidly
without shedding any energy into the brain, little damage results, other
than that part of the brain which is directly penetrated by the missile.
However, if it strikes the skull at an angle, it must then penetrate
much more bone than normal, therefore, is likely to shed more energy,
striking the brain a more powerful blow.
Secondly, in striking the bone in this manner, it may cause pieces of
the bone to be blown into the brain and thus act as secondary missiles.
Finally, the bullet itself may be deformed and deflected so that it
would go through or penetrate parts of the brain, not in the usual
direct line it was proceeding.

Testimony of Dr. William Kemp Clark
http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/clark_w.htm

Frame 313 of the zapruder film confirms that the bullet struck the top of
the JFK's head at an oblique angle. Considering Dr. Clark did not have
access to the Zapruder film, his initial analysis was pretty good.

Point of Impact...
https://goo.gl/photos/QCsEEusyWc5VRwLr5
claviger
2015-10-14 19:34:32 UTC
Post by GKnoll
[...]
Tangential Wound -- Medical Definition
http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=100070

tangential wound
Type: Term

Definitions:
1. a perforating wound or seton wound that involves only one side of the
part.

seton wound
Type: Term

Definitions:
1. a tangential perforating wound, the entrance and exit openings being on
the same side of the body, head, or limb involved.

http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php
GKnoll
2015-10-17 21:54:59 UTC
Post by GKnoll
[...]
This gif is pretty good in showing the "tangential" strike of the bullet
to JFK's head. That bullet almost missed JFK. It almost followed the
contour of the top of JFK's skull...The bullet struck the top of the
head and exited the forehead area.

https://goo.gl/photos/JsGQBb4oa9TGoNys9

(click on image shown to enlarge)
claviger
2018-06-14 01:10:31 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
Frame 313 of the zapruder film confirms that the bullet struck the top
of the JFK's head at an oblique angle. Considering Dr. Clark did not
have access to the Zapruder film, his initial analysis was pretty good.
Point of Impact...
https://goo.gl/photos/QCsEEusyWc5VRwLr5
This gif is pretty good in showing the "tangential" strike of the bullet
to JFK's head. That bullet almost missed JFK. It almost followed the
contour of the top of JFK's skull...The bullet struck the top of the
head and exited the forehead area.
https://goo.gl/photos/JsGQBb4oa9TGoNys9
(click on image shown to enlarge)
This film clip proves the bullet came from behind the President.
The head violently drops forward and the brain ejecta explodes
forward. No way that shot come from in front of the Limousine.
claviger
forward. No way that shot came from in front of the Limousine.
Anthony Marsh
2018-06-16 05:40:21 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
[...]
Upward. It can only fly out of where skull bones havs split and scalp has
been torn open. In the top or the head towards the front. Not the back.
claviger
2018-06-17 01:03:10 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
[...]
Do you realize we all can see the Zapruder Film on the Internet? The
Governor and his wife were covered in brain matter. That would not happen
if your theory was correct. A bullet from the front that struck the head
would blow out the back of the skull and cover the trunk and followup
security car with blood and brain matter. This would be obvious to
everyone, but that didn't happen did it? No, the explosive exit wound
covered the passengers in front of the President. So your theory of a
sniper behind the fence is null and void.
Anthony Marsh
2018-06-19 21:17:59 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
[...]
No, you can't prove that. Do you remember when James Brady was shot in
the forehead. That bullet did not exit the back of his head. It broke up
into several pieces and stayed in his head.

BTW, the trunk WAS covered by blood and a piece of skull slid off it. So
what?
You don't know any facts. YOU are null and void.
claviger
2018-06-21 15:27:24 UTC
Do you realize we all can see the Zapruder Film on the Internet? The
Governor and his wife were covered in brain matter. That would not
happen if your theory was correct. A bullet from the front that struck
the head would blow out the back of the skull and cover the trunk and
followup car
No, you can't prove that.
I can prove a significant wind factor was blowing from due West and the
Limousine was heading directly into that gusting wind. Not only that the
wind caused a Venturi Effect accelerating through the roadway tunnel of
the Triple Underpass. Are you saying the bullet that struck the President
in the head did not shatter or make exit from the skull? If so why did
that bullet not show up in the X-rays of the skull?

Perhaps you're saying the bullet did fragment but never made exit from the
skull. If so where did all the brain matter that covered the Governor and
his wife come from?

I would say it is impossible for the Governor and Wife to be covered in
brain ejecta if the exit wound was low in back of the skull described by
the witnesses listed by MFT.
Post by Anthony Marsh
Do you remember when James Brady was shot in the forehead. That
bullet did not exit the back of his head. It broke up into several pieces
and stayed in his head.
He was not wounded by a WWII milsurp rifle.
Post by Anthony Marsh
BTW, the trunk WAS covered by blood and a piece of skull slid off it.
So what?
The moving vehicle was heading into the West wind therefore possible brain
ejecta bursting above the head did fall back on the trunk but not to the
extent it would if there had been a large wound blowout on the back of the
skull. None of the witness in the followup car saw a large wound bursting
out the back of the head. Read their statements.
security car with blood and brain matter. This would be obvious to
everyone, but that didn't happen did it? No, the explosive exit wound
covered the passengers in front of the President. So your theory of a
sniper behind the fence is null and void.
You don't know any facts. YOU are null and void.
The Zapruder Film is a fact that confirms testimony by witnesses
riding in the Security car close behind the Presidential Limousine.
Anthony Marsh
2018-06-22 22:58:48 UTC
Do you realize we all can see the Zapruder Film on the Internet? The
Governor and his wife were covered in brain matter. That would not
happen if your theory was correct. A bullet from the front that struck
the head would blow out the back of the skull and cover the trunk and
followup car
No, you can't prove that.
I can prove a significant wind factor was blowing from due West and the
Limousine was heading directly into that gusting wind. Not only that the
wind caused a Venturi Effect accelerating through the roadway tunnel of
the Triple Underpass. Are you saying the bullet that struck the President
in the head did not shatter or make exit from the skull? If so why did
that bullet not show up in the X-rays of the skull?
That's old news. I proved that 50 years ago.
The bullet did not show up in the X-rays of the skull because it
exploded and broke up into dozens of dustlike fragments. Just like the
explosive bullet that hit James Brady in the forehead.
He had no exit wound.
Some of the fragment probably blew out of the top of JFK's head.
Post by claviger
Perhaps you're saying the bullet did fragment but never made exit from the
skull. If so where did all the brain matter that covered the Governor and
his wife come from?
Not all of it. Some.
Some of the brain matter came from the top of the head.
Post by claviger
I would say it is impossible for the Governor and Wife to be covered in
brain ejecta if the exit wound was low in back of the skull described by
the witnesses listed by MFT.
WHy would you even list to what the kook says? Don' ever dare to ask me
to defend ANYTHING he says.
Do you remember when James Brady was shot in the forehead. That
bullet did not exit the back of his head. It broke up into several pieces
and stayed in his head.
He was not wounded by a WWII milsurp rifle.
That's my point. Analogy. Not the same conditions. A smaller bullet.
I don't know if the same explosive was used.
BTW, the trunk WAS covered by blood and a piece of skull slid off it.
So what?
The moving vehicle was heading into the West wind therefore possible brain
ejecta bursting above the head did fall back on the trunk but not to the
extent it would if there had been a large wound blowout on the back of the
skull. None of the witness in the followup car saw a large wound bursting
out the back of the head. Read their statements.
Yeah, I think I told him that several times, but thanks for piling on.
security car with blood and brain matter. This would be obvious to
everyone, but that didn't happen did it? No, the explosive exit wound
covered the passengers in front of the President. So your theory of a
sniper behind the fence is null and void.
Silly. The explosion could only exit the top of the head which was
facing the front.
You don't know any facts. YOU are null and void.
The Zapruder Film is a fact that confirms testimony by witnesses
riding in the Security car close behind the Presidential Limousine.
Don't bother telling me. I'm the guy who proved that the Zapruder film
is authentic. And it proves ipso facto conspiracy. You're welcome.
And it does not show that a Secret Service agent riding in the security
close behind shot JFK in the head.

mainframetech
2018-06-21 15:45:20 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
[...]
Oh Lordee! You've learned nothing in your travels through this forum.
I've quoted Vincent DiMaio at you and you still don't get it. DiMaio
spoke of "Tail Splash" where contents of the skull would be flashed out
the incoming hole. But if you check with the testimony of Bobby Hargis,
motorcycle cop:

"Mr. STERN. Did something happen to you, personally in connection with the
shot you have just described?
Mr. HARGIS. You mean about the blood hitting me?
Mr. Stern. Yes.
Mr. HARGIS. Yes: when President Kennedy straightened back up in the car
the bullet him in the head, the one that killed him and it seemed like his
head exploded, and I was splattered with blood and brain, and kind of a
bloody water. It wasn’t really blood. And at that time the Presidential car
slowed down. I heard somebody say, “Get going,” or “get going,“-
.
.
.
Mr. Stern. Just a minute. Do you recall your impression at the time
regarding
the source of the shots?
Mr. HARGIS. Well, at the time it sounded like the shots were right next to
me.

There wasn’t any way in the world I could tell where they were
coming from, but at the time there was something in my head that said that
they probably could have been coming from the railroad overpass, because I
thought since I had got splattered, with blood-I was just a little back
and left of-just a little bit back and left of Mrs. Kennedy, but I
didn’t know. I had a feeling that it might have been from the
Texas Book Depository, and these Two places was the primary place that
could have been shot from."

From: https://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh6/pdf/WH6_Hargis.pdf

The limo slowed down "almost to a stop" right before the kill shot rang
out. It made an easier shot.

DiMaio speaking on 'tail splash':

"The picture is radically different in the case of a high-velocity rifle
bullet. As the bullet enters the body, there is a “tail
splash,” or backward hurling of injured tissue. This material may
be ejected from the entrance. The bullet passes through the target,
creating a large temporary cavity whose maximum diameter is up to 11 to
12.5 times the diameter of the projectile."

From: https://www.e-reading.club/bookreader.php/135302/Gunshot_wounds._Practical_aspects_of_firearms,_ballistics,_and_forensic_techniques.pdf

So whatever hit Connally and Nellie could well be from the entry point
of the bullet hole in the forehead/temple area. Or more simply, from the
wounds on Gov. Connally.

2018-06-15 00:55:30 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
Frame 313 of the zapruder film confirms that the bullet struck the top
of the JFK's head at an oblique angle. Considering Dr. Clark did not
have access to the Zapruder film, his initial analysis was pretty good.
Point of Impact...
https://goo.gl/photos/QCsEEusyWc5VRwLr5
This gif is pretty good in showing the "tangential" strike of the bullet
to JFK's head. That bullet almost missed JFK. It almost followed the
contour of the top of JFK's skull...The bullet struck the top of the
head and exited the forehead area.
https://goo.gl/photos/JsGQBb4oa9TGoNys9
(click on image shown to enlarge)
This film clip proves the bullet came from behind the President.
The head violently drops forward and the brain ejecta explodes
forward. No way that shot come from in front of the Limousine.
Well then, explain the bullet hole in the forehead/temple area, and
explain Vincent DiMaio's comment:

From: "Gunshot Wounds" by Vincent DiMaio Chapter 'Wound Balistics".
Online at
https://www.e-reading.club/bookreader.php/135302/Gunshot_wounds._Practical_aspects_of_firearms,_ballistics,_and_forensic_techniques.pdf

DiMaio is an expert in the field of Wound Ballistics and Forensic
medicine.

As well, remember that the Z-film was altered, particularly at that
point Frame 312 and forward. The film can't be trusted when doing
measurements from it. And the intent of the alteration would be to show
not a frontal shot, but a shot from above and behind.

2018-06-17 01:03:16 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
Frame 313 of the zapruder film confirms that the bullet struck the top
of the JFK's head at an oblique angle. Considering Dr. Clark did not
have access to the Zapruder film, his initial analysis was pretty good.
Point of Impact...
https://goo.gl/photos/QCsEEusyWc5VRwLr5
This gif is pretty good in showing the "tangential" strike of the bullet
to JFK's head. That bullet almost missed JFK. It almost followed the
contour of the top of JFK's skull...The bullet struck the top of the
head and exited the forehead area.
https://goo.gl/photos/JsGQBb4oa9TGoNys9
(click on image shown to enlarge)
This film clip proves the bullet came from behind the President.
The head violently drops forward and the brain ejecta explodes
forward. No way that shot come from in front of the Limousine.
Well then, explain the bullet hole in the forehead/temple area, and
Nobody needs to explain the things you imagine.
From: "Gunshot Wounds" by Vincent DiMaio Chapter 'Wound Balistics".
Online at
https://www.e-reading.club/bookreader.php/135302/Gunshot_wounds._Practical_aspects_of_firearms,_ballistics,_and_forensic_techniques.pdf
DiMaio is an expert in the field of Wound Ballistics and Forensic
medicine.
Yes he is an expert and he believes the medical evidence indicates JFK was
shot twice from behind and from nowhere else. Why don't you believe him?
Why do you choose to substitute your judgement for his when it comes to
the medical evidence?
Post by mainframetech
As well, remember that the Z-film was altered,
Another myth.
Post by mainframetech
particularly at that
point Frame 312 and forward. The film can't be trusted when doing
measurements from it. And the intent of the alteration would be to show
not a frontal shot, but a shot from above and behind.
Faulty premises lead to faulty conclusions. Your faulty premise is that
there were shots from the front which led you to the faulty conclusion
that the Z-film was altered since it clear shows the head shot came from
behind JFK.
mainframetech
2018-06-21 15:43:44 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
[...]
Well, you sure ran away from that one! Even knowing that people here
and in the case saw a bullet wound where I said there was one.
From: "Gunshot Wounds" by Vincent DiMaio Chapter 'Wound Balistics".
Online at
https://www.e-reading.club/bookreader.php/135302/Gunshot_wounds._Practical_aspects_of_firearms,_ballistics,_and_forensic_techniques.pdf
DiMaio is an expert in the field of Wound Ballistics and Forensic
medicine.
Yes he is an expert and he believes the medical evidence indicates JFK was
shot twice from behind and from nowhere else. Why don't you believe him?
Why do you choose to substitute your judgement for his when it comes to
the medical evidence?
How dumb can people be? You've ben told time and time again, and yet
you pretend you don't know anything still. DiMaio had the same problem
all the medical panels had, they didn't examine the 'stare-of-death' photo
when ENLARGED. His expertise hasn't ben impugned, but he missed that one
little critical thing.
As well, remember that the Z-film was altered,
Another myth.
Another opinion.
particularly at that
point Frame 312 and forward. The film can't be trusted when doing
measurements from it. And the intent of the alteration would be to show
not a frontal shot, but a shot from above and behind.
Faulty premises lead to faulty conclusions. Your faulty premise is that
there were shots from the front which led you to the faulty conclusion
that the Z-film was altered since it clear shows the head shot came from
behind JFK.
My belief of the kill shot hitting the forehead area came from seeing
the bullet hole in a photo, which you wouldn't know about, since you can't
see it. (You say) My knowledge of the alteration of the Z-film si from
the many proofs that appear here and in Douglas Hornes's books "Inside the
ARRB" where in volume 4 he spends over 200 pages explaining the witnesses
from the CIA, and the equipment used to alter the film (which as available
in 1963. He explains and answers comments by Rollie Zavada, and many
other things related to the Z-film.

From: "Gunshot Wounds" by Vincent DiMaio Chapter 'Wound Balistics".
Online at
[...]
I always said that the head shot came from the grassy knoll, but I
didn't get to see the FOX set until years later. David Lifton screwed
things up by getting the orintation of Fox 8 wrong.
2018-06-15 00:56:15 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
[...]
I can't bring myself to believe that the bullet hole in the
forehead/temple area was the end of a "tangential shot". Since there were
over 39 eye witnesses to the 'large hole in the BOH, a shot of some kind
had to cause that, and the best possibility was the entry in the forehead.
That would cause a classic wound pair, with the entry being small (but
visible to any that looked) and a large exit wound at the BOH. Picturing
a bullet scraping along the top of the skull and going deeper and deeper
as it went, only to come out in a perfect tiny hole 1/4th of an inch in
diameter makes no sense to me.

I would expect there to be a mark as the bullet passed leaving a
'trench' in the skull until it dove below the surface only to come out at
the forehead. There is no photographic evidence of such a passage of a
bullet, and the entry in the forehead is definitely an entry, and NOT an
exit.

2018-06-16 05:20:25 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
[...]
Well, I like that the WC defenders are STUPID enough to propose that idea.
They've laid a trap for themselves. The can not diagram a shot lining up
to exit the hole in the forehead that will:
A. point back to the sniper's nest
B. exit on a downward path and yet miss hitting anything right in front
of and below JFK's head.
C. Leave intact and hit the chrome topping.
2018-06-17 01:03:19 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
[...]
Why not. Since you imagine this bullet hole can't you imagine just about
anything you want about it?
Post by mainframetech
Since there were
over 39 eye witnesses to the 'large hole in the BOH, a shot of some kind
had to cause that, and the best possibility was the entry in the forehead.
There was no entry in the forehead and no exit in the rear. No competent
forensic pathologist has every stated there is medical evidence of that.
Post by mainframetech
That would cause a classic wound pair, with the entry being small (but
visible to any that looked) and a large exit wound at the BOH. Picturing
a bullet scraping along the top of the skull and going deeper and deeper
as it went, only to come out in a perfect tiny hole 1/4th of an inch in
diameter makes no sense to me.
Once again you offer your amateur's opinion in lieu of those who really
know what they are talking about.
So says Dr. Chris Mainframetech.
mainframetech
2018-06-21 15:42:54 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
[...]
Strange this fixation on imagination. # people here and many in the JFK case saw the bullet hole, and you didn't, yet you talk about other people's imagination. Odd.
Post by mainframetech
I would expect there to be a mark as the bullet passed leaving a
'trench' in the skull until it dove below the surface only to come out at
the forehead. There is no photographic evidence of such a passage of a
bullet, and the entry in the forehead is definitely an entry, and NOT an
exit.
So says Dr. Chris Mainframetech.
It's all physics, though I'm not sure you would not understand it.
You can't even see a simple wound in a photo.