How many of you would like to see Tony Marsh delivering actual
Piotr Mancini
2018-08-06 02:45:32 UTC
Let's see a show of hands:

How many of you would like to see Tony Marsh delivering actual results
toward the definite solution of the case?

I was thinking that he is perfect fit for a role: being in charge of the
"Audio Subchapter" for the Free Open Source 3D Model of Dealey Plaza that
is being assembled:

http://dealey-plaza.org/

Reasoning:

- Tony could add a 4th. dimension to the project: audio.

- He is the proud author of a program that analyzes the Dictabelt audio.
(it needs to be ported from high-school, shitty BASIC to a professional
programing language such as C++: "Real programmers to use BASIC")

- Miraculously, a few Newsgroups have survived and thrived the WWW
massacre. Other than JFK and Immigration, the ones that I follow are
audio related. There are 3-4 NGs where the top world sound experts hang
out. They are available for the asking. We may have to stroke their
egos first: that is a lot cheaper than paying retail (the Knott Labs of
the world come to mind, Tony).

- Marsh was very active in the numerical arena, who he (like other loses,
never replaced: Speers, Costella, Snyder, Chambers, Galanor) has
abandoned.

-Ramon
JFK Numbers
***@jfknumbers.org
Mitch Todd
2018-08-07 03:37:42 UTC
Post by Piotr Mancini
[...]
Actually, we'd like to see you deliver results yourself. So far, all
we've heard is that you are "planning" on doing something.
Piotr Mancini
2018-08-10 13:30:07 UTC
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by Piotr Mancini
[...]
That is a fair point, Mitch. If Yours Truly claims to be a Humble Servant
of The People, then I am obligated (like PBS, the AARC Library, JFK Facts,
etc. to mention a few who are NOT doing their job) by my own choice and
self-appointment, to provide an answer to *any* question, no matter how
uncomfortable.

What I am doing is keeping you posted, even at the very preliminary stages
of my chosen projects.

Mitch: I don't mean to be snide, but you have an easy alternative: Just
have some friend reading (*filtering* for you) my announcements,
pre-announcements, inside scoops and s/he will let you know when I write
something that fits your requirements, your taste.

Sincerely (by definition)

-Ramon
JFK Numbers
Mitch Todd
2018-08-13 06:08:01 UTC
Post by Piotr Mancini
Post by Mitch Todd
Post by Piotr Mancini
[...]
Writing ten posts a day every day is an interesting way to
give folks a progress report, especially when there doesn't
seem to be much progress in the first place.

Anthony Marsh
2018-08-07 15:28:12 UTC
Post by Piotr Mancini
How many of you would like to see Tony Marsh delivering actual results
toward the definite solution of the case?
I was thinking that he is perfect fit for a role: being in charge of the
"Audio Subchapter" for the Free Open Source 3D Model of Dealey Plaza that
http://dealey-plaza.org/
- Tony could add a 4th. dimension to the project: audio.
- He is the proud author of a program that analyzes the Dictabelt audio.
(it needs to be ported from high-school, shitty BASIC to a professional
programing language such as C++: "Real programmers to use BASIC")
Well, you were the one who said he had a lot of money behind him to help,
so use that money to get someone to translate my program into a language
used by IBMs. I gave up on PROMAL and it died as I expected it would. I
even wrote a program to switch to the fast mode on the Commodore 128, but
they showed no interest in porting PROMAL to the Commodore 128.
Post by Piotr Mancini
- Miraculously, a few Newsgroups have survived and thrived the WWW
massacre. Other than JFK and Immigration, the ones that I follow are
audio related. There are 3-4 NGs where the top world sound experts hang
out. They are available for the asking. We may have to stroke their
egos first: that is a lot cheaper than paying retail (the Knott Labs of
the world come to mind, Tony).
BBN comes to mind to me, but they won't touch it.
After being threatened by the DOJ.
JFK Numbers
Ace Kefford
Tony Marsh is a real researcher.
Piotr Mancini
2018-08-10 15:17:09 UTC
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by Piotr Mancini
[...]
Indeed. My only complaint about Tony is that he keeps on offering files,
so I provided a folder for him here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0BydXldbRY__vUVlaVl9BUVZLS2s
[I call it: "A poor's man web site"]

but the files are nowhere to be found. :-(

Perhaps he is digging into is hard disks, looking for the goodies?

-Ramon

"If there are hidden files, it is not Science"
JKF Numbers