NBC Dallas Has Released Another Photograph...
Add Reply
Ramon F Herrera
2019-05-11 01:44:55 UTC
Once again, folks, you have to excuse me that I am out of breath.

Not many people know that Dallas NBC (KXAS, Channel 5) is sitting on a
gold mine, a huge reservoir of vintage 1963 film. In their basement,
they have a full room dedicated to it.

After their image (left side) was located, our volunteers (God bless
them!) worked tirelessly, burning the proverbial midnight oil,
attempting to find matching photos.

This morning, Erika shouted: "Eureka!".

Since the suspect is already in jail, it is not clear how to proceed.

-Ramon
JFK Numbers (and Inquiring Photographer)
BOZ
2019-05-11 23:19:47 UTC
http://www.jfknumbers.org/~ramon/jfk/It-Was-The-One-Armed-Man.jpg
Since the suspect is already in jail, it is not clear how to proceed.
-Ramon
JFK Numbers (and Inquiring Photographer)
That photograph is clearly racist. It depicts a man in whiteface. This
represents a caricature of a white person.
BOZ
Is Ben Carson a racist for supporting Trump?
Anthony Marsh
2019-05-12 22:52:22 UTC
Post by Ramon F Herrera
Once again, folks, you have to excuse me that I am out of breath.
Not many people know that Dallas NBC (KXAS, Channel 5) is sitting on a
gold mine, a huge reservoir of vintage 1963 film. In their basement,
they have a full room dedicated to it.
After their image (left side) was located, our volunteers (God bless
them!) worked tirelessly, burning the proverbial midnight oil,
attempting to find matching photos.
This morning, Erika shouted: "Eureka!".
http://www.jfknumbers.org/~ramon/jfk/It-Was-The-One-Armed-Man.jpg
Since the suspect is already in jail, it is not clear how to proceed.
-Ramon
JFK Numbers (and Inquiring Photographer)
Is Ben Carson a racist for supporting Trump?
Not the correct word. They have other words for black people who
cooperate with racists.
BOZ
The name Carson is of Scottish origin.
Anthony Marsh
Yes, many slaves took the name of their owner. Ever watch Roots?
BOZ
2019-05-16 00:00:45 UTC
Post by Ramon F Herrera
[...]
I saw the miniseries but Alex Haley's book is fiction. Haley plagiarized
Harold Courlander's The African and Margaret Walker's Jubilee.
Anthony Marsh
2019-05-17 00:42:13 UTC
Post by Ramon F Herrera
[...]
So you claim. But if it's just plagarizing then presumably you think the
original sources are accurate.
BOZ
2019-05-18 01:02:28 UTC
Post by Ramon F Herrera
[...]
Harold Courlander's The African and Margaret Walker's Jubilee are works of
fiction.
Anthony Marsh
Even fiction may tell the real story about slavery.
BOZ
https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1993-03-10-9303190620-story.html
BOZ
2019-05-18 01:03:58 UTC
Post by Ramon F Herrera
[...]
In his Expert Witness Report submitted to federal court, Professor of
English Michael Wood of Columbia University stated:

The evidence of copying from The African in both the novel and the
television dramatization of Roots is clear and irrefutable. The copying is
significant and extensive. ... Roots ... plainly uses The African as a
model: as something to be copied at some times, and at other times to be
modified, but always it seems, to be consulted. ... Roots takes from The
African phrases, situations, ideas, aspects of style and plot. Roots finds
in The African essential elements for its depiction of such things as a
slave's thoughts of escape, the psychology of an old slave, the habits of
mind of the hero, and the whole sense of life on an infamous slave ship.
Such things are the life of a novel; and when they appear in Roots, they
are the life of someone else's novel.

Kaplan, Robert; Buckman, Harry; Kilsheimer, Richard (October 17, 1978).
"Plaintiffs' Pre-Trial Memorandum and Proposed Findings of Fact and
Conclusions of Law". United States District Court, Southern District of
New York; Harold Courlander, et ano., v. Alex Haley, et al. p. Woods 13,
Vol. III.
Anthony Marsh
2019-05-20 02:03:04 UTC
Post by Ramon F Herrera
[...]
So you deny that slavery ever existed. What does that make you?
Vol. III.
BOZ