New Books
Curt Jester
2004-12-22 16:47:33 UTC
Group: alt.conspiracy.jfk Date: Wed, Dec 22,
Livingstone's Radical Right I'm quite impressed
with. The first part he puts it together as well as
anyone on likley Texas aspects of the plot. It's
kind of a continuation of Killng The Truth, but
defnitely more detailed. Much from PD Scott, but
also new sources.
In The Eye Of History- have heard is very good.
A wonderful review,and we are overwhelmed. But I
have a question, if you will oblige.
Note to Dixie, Ted is our alley cat so to speak, ready to caterwaul at
any instant. He speaks with great 'authority' and I am sure he will
want you to feel 'at home' as I am sure his welcoming you for being here
will be quite noble from him: something like preserving American History
'correctly'. When he says, "we", he really means himself. When we say
"we", we the ones that are CT minded that think more on the lines that
he very set in his ways and argues his poetry around his
Texas-are-very-special-people notions.
What are "likley Texas aspects of the plot?"
Ted knows that Mr. Harrison Livingston is one of if not the most premier
authors and investigtors of the JFK case. He has been on this since
1963, and some of the titles that would put him "on edge" say from
Killing The Truth, are; 'The Texas Connection', 'Dallas', 'The Source',
and 'The Plot', so I am sure there will be a lot of naming and
connecting with the usual Texan radical right venues that they are so
infamous for.

What plot, exactly? And what is a Texas aspect of it?

Let us tease Ted with one aspect of the ways of Texas. Here is HL on
page 466 of KT:

"Johnson was a power broker and a political bagman. This was the
source of his power in the U.S. Senate. Johnson paid off everybody, and
throughout his career, scandal swirled around his head. But his power
was larger than those who sought to investigate him. Mre than one
death, such as that of an Agriculture Department agent, Henry Marshall,
was imputed to LBJ.
Marshall's was one of those strange deaths of which we hear so much.
He was found dead with a single-shot bolt-action rifle alongside him and
ruled a suicide. The trouble was, he was shot five times in the head.
The lesson from that story is that Texas justice operates
differently."
Since that pretty much sums up your take on the
work, we would like to know. Otherwise you
appear to be talking nonsense, and that will not
do.
Of course it's nonsense, it doesn't have the production crew of a Roger
Ebert, and when it gets close to stepping on the good-ol-boys, "we" just
can't have that, can "we"?
On edge,
The armchair quarterback has moved to the front portion of his seat.
ted
I might add to an interesting Texas aspect read of the case, 'Byrds,
Planes, and an Automobile', one of four parts that is online (for free),
by Richard Bartholomew.

CJ
Ted Gittinger
2004-12-23 03:44:17 UTC
Group: alt.conspiracy.jfk Date: Wed, Dec 22,
Livingstone's Radical Right I'm quite impressed
with. The first part he puts it together as well as
anyone on likley Texas aspects of the plot. It's
kind of a continuation of Killng The Truth, but
defnitely more detailed. Much from PD Scott, but
also new sources.
In The Eye Of History- have heard is very good.
A wonderful review,and we are overwhelmed. But I
have a question, if you will oblige.
Note to Dixie, Ted is our alley cat so to speak, ready to caterwaul at
any instant. He speaks with great 'authority'

Yes, I do. And you can leave off the quotation marks.

and I am sure he will
want you to feel 'at home' as I am sure his welcoming you for being here
will be quite noble from him: something like preserving American History
'correctly'. When he says, "we", he really means himself.

It is the royal "we," old chum. Surely you knew that.

When we say "we", we the ones that are CT minded that think more on the
lines that he very set in his ways and argues his poetry around his
Texas-are-very-special-people notions.

Oh, dear. You really must read your stuff before posting it. That last
bit was really embarrassing.
What are "likley Texas aspects of the plot?"
Ted knows that Mr. Harrison Livingston is one of if not the most premier
authors and investigtors of the JFK case. He has been on this since
1963, and some of the titles that would put him "on edge" say from
Killing The Truth, are; 'The Texas Connection', 'Dallas', 'The Source',
and 'The Plot', so I am sure there will be a lot of naming and
connecting with the usual Texan radical right venues that they are so
infamous for.

Good Lord, Curt, get a grip. Re-read the above and provide a translation,
please.

What plot, exactly? And what is a Texas aspect of it?

Let us tease Ted with one aspect of the ways of Texas. Here is HL on
page 466 of KT:

"Johnson was a power broker and a political bagman. This was the
source of his power in the U.S. Senate. Johnson paid off everybody, and
throughout his career, scandal swirled around his head. But his power
was larger than those who sought to investigate him. Mre than one
death, such as that of an Agriculture Department agent, Henry Marshall,
was imputed to LBJ.
Marshall's was one of those strange deaths of which we hear so much.
He was found dead with a single-shot bolt-action rifle alongside him and
ruled a suicide. The trouble was, he was shot five times in the head.
The lesson from that story is that Texas justice operates
differently."

An excellent passage to illustrate why this particular book never got
serious attention outside conspiratory circles. In any decent college-level
history course it would not rate above a C-, and below that in most
instances.
Since that pretty much sums up your take on the
work, we would like to know. Otherwise you
appear to be talking nonsense, and that will not
do.
Of course it's nonsense, it doesn't have the production crew of a Roger
Ebert, and when it gets close to stepping on the good-ol-boys, "we" just
can't have that, can "we"?

I don't know. It didn't get close, yet. Give us a shout when it does.
On edge,
The armchair quarterback has moved to the front portion of his seat.

Yeh. I got a cramp in my right hamstring.

I might add to an interesting Texas aspect read of the case, 'Byrds,
Planes, and an Automobile', one of four parts that is online (for free),
by Richard Bartholomew.

CJ

Translation, please. Is English your first language?

ted
Anthony Marsh
2004-12-23 18:20:05 UTC
Post by Curt Jester
[...]
Sure, sure. And whenever I use "we" Dolan tries to attack me. But he
never attacks you for using "we." You lone nutters are birds of a feather.
ted
Eric Chomko
2004-12-28 05:56:30 UTC
Anthony Marsh (***@quik.com) wrote:
: Ted Gittinger wrote:

: > "Curt Jester" <***@webtv.net> wrote in message
: > news:12359-41C91E19-***@storefull-3116.bay.webtv.net...
: >
: >
: >
: >>Group: alt.conspiracy.jfk Date: Wed, Dec 22,
: >>2004, 5:13am (PST+8) From:
: >>***@austin.rr.com (Ted Gittinger)
: >
: >
: > <***@webtv.net> wrote in message
: > news:2167-41C34F0F-***@storefull-3251.bay.webtv.net...
: >
: >
[...]

Almost like a conspiracy of lone nutters. Whereas the conspiracy
researchers tend to reseacrch alone. Ironic, no?

Eric
Anthony Marsh
2004-12-28 15:47:53 UTC
Post by Eric Chomko
: >
: >
: >
[...]
Not true. Have you never seen the various conspiracy conferences on TV?
FYI,I have done research with WC defenders as well as many other
conspiracy believers.
Eric Chomko
2004-12-28 22:37:23 UTC
: Eric Chomko wrote:

: > Anthony Marsh (***@quik.com) wrote:
: > : Ted Gittinger wrote:
: >
: > : > "Curt Jester" <***@webtv.net> wrote in message
: > : > news:12359-41C91E19-***@storefull-3116.bay.webtv.net...
: > : >
: > : >
: > : >
: > : >>Group: alt.conspiracy.jfk Date: Wed, Dec 22,
: > : >>2004, 5:13am (PST+8) From:
: > : >>***@austin.rr.com (Ted Gittinger)
: > : >
: > : >
: > : > <***@webtv.net> wrote in message
[...]

Yes, yes, and I'm sure that lone nutters work alone as well. I think you
took my comment too literally.

Eric
W. Lydecker
2004-12-31 05:57:48 UTC
So why should I spend $40 + for a paperback? What is there that
hasn't been previously mentioned in the four books in six years?