McAdams Sputnik interview
Add Reply
d***@gmail.com
2018-11-27 06:34:04 UTC
I stumbled across this interview given by John McAdams with Sputnik (formerly The Voice of Russia).
https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201811241070081550-usa-jfk-assassination-policy-values/

I'm mostly addressing John and wondering if he felt he was accurately and
fully quoted. How were you contacted for the interview? Just curious.

David Emerling
Memphis, TN
John McAdams
2018-11-27 06:40:53 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
I stumbled across this interview given by John McAdams with Sputnik (formerly The Voice of Russia).
https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201811241070081550-usa-jfk-assassination-policy-values/
I'm mostly addressing John and wondering if he felt he was accurately and
fully quoted. How were you contacted for the interview? Just curious.
Yea, he just quoted my e-mail verbatim. Not impressive journalism,
but I can't claim to be misquoted.

He e-mailed me.

It's always a hoot being on Russian media. I've talked to RT a few
times, and even did a TV uplink once. The issue was whether a fellow
on death row should be executed, and I argued he should.

.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
d***@gmail.com
2018-11-29 05:47:41 UTC
Post by John McAdams
Post by d***@gmail.com
I stumbled across this interview given by John McAdams with Sputnik (formerly The Voice of Russia).
https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201811241070081550-usa-jfk-assassination-policy-values/
I'm mostly addressing John and wondering if he felt he was accurately and
fully quoted. How were you contacted for the interview? Just curious.
Yea, he just quoted my e-mail verbatim. Not impressive journalism,
but I can't claim to be misquoted.
He e-mailed me.
It's always a hoot being on Russian media. I've talked to RT a few
times, and even did a TV uplink once. The issue was whether a fellow
on death row should be executed, and I argued he should.
.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
As one who keeps up with Russian culture and prevailing sentiment (well
pre-dating the 2016 election and all this Russian collusion controversy),
I've noticed that the Russians have always given a lot of fuel to the
popular American notion that President Kennedy was assassinated as a
result of a conspiracy. Their (the Russian's) favorite narrative is that
the CIA was behind it. Putin alluded to that as recent as earlier this
year during an interview with Megyn Kelly. He mentioned that IF the CIA
could do something like assassinate a sitting president (making it clear
that many Americans believe this but not overtly owning that view
himself), then how hard is it to accept that, perhaps, the CIA made it
APPEAR as if the Russians tampered with the U.S. election?

Roger Stone was given considerable airtime on RT (Russia Today) to talk
about his theory that Lyndon Johnson was behind the assassination. Roger
Stone is a HUGE conspiracy theorists!

So, I found it curious that Russia would want to have a discussion with
somebody like you - who would likely squash all notions of conspiracy in
the Kennedy assassination. It appeared they were more interested in your
narrative about how things went "south" after Kennedy's assassination.

So, this was completely a WRITTEN exchange?

David Emerling
Memphis, TN
John McAdams
2018-11-29 05:57:43 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by John McAdams
Post by d***@gmail.com
I stumbled across this interview given by John McAdams with Sputnik (formerly The Voice of Russia).
https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201811241070081550-usa-jfk-assassination-policy-values/
I'm mostly addressing John and wondering if he felt he was accurately and
fully quoted. How were you contacted for the interview? Just curious.
Yea, he just quoted my e-mail verbatim. Not impressive journalism,
but I can't claim to be misquoted.
I just noticed he cut and copied my e-mail, even including a typo of
mine: "going which what his security agencies were wanting."
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by John McAdams
[...]
I've debated Stone a couple of time on Madison, WI talk radio.
Post by d***@gmail.com
So, I found it curious that Russia would want to have a discussion with
somebody like you - who would likely squash all notions of conspiracy in
the Kennedy assassination. It appeared they were more interested in your
narrative about how things went "south" after Kennedy's assassination.
So, this was completely a WRITTEN exchange?
Yes.

I think his agenda is revealed here:

<quote on>

Sputnik: Despite one of the hottest period in the Cold War (Cuban
Missile Crisis, Berlin) both Kennedy and Khrushchev regularly talked
to each other. Could both countries learn something from this period
amid current political tensions?

<end quote>

So he wanted me to say the U.S. and Russia should get along.

I gave him a rather bland response to this.

Of course, even in Russian state media, not everybody has an agenda.
Some are just schlubs with a story that has to be written by deadline.

.John
-----------------------
2018-11-30 01:17:23 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by John McAdams
Post by d***@gmail.com
[...]
In fact they wrote a book about it, Farewell America. Blamed it on the
oil millionaires.

And created a fake letter to Oswald.
Post by d***@gmail.com
the CIA was behind it. Putin alluded to that as recent as earlier this
year during an interview with Megyn Kelly. He mentioned that IF the CIA
could do something like assassinate a sitting president (making it clear
that many Americans believe this but not overtly owning that view
himself), then how hard is it to accept that, perhaps, the CIA made it
APPEAR as if the Russians tampered with the U.S. election?
Silly. Russia DID tamper with the US election and one section of the CIA
did kill Kennedy.
Post by d***@gmail.com
Roger Stone was given considerable airtime on RT (Russia Today) to talk
about his theory that Lyndon Johnson was behind the assassination. Roger
Stone is a HUGE conspiracy theorists!
So is Trump. That's why you like him.

Everyone connected to Trump always lies. So is it any suprise that Trump
always lies?

Why shouldn't Russia deny haviing anything to do with the JFK
assassination? When they heard that Oswald had been arrested they checked
their files and found that he has lived in Russia. So they went into
cover-up mode.
Post by d***@gmail.com
So, I found it curious that Russia would want to have a discussion with
somebody like you - who would likely squash all notions of conspiracy in
the Kennedy assassination. It appeared they were more interested in your
narrative about how things went "south" after Kennedy's assassination.
They have ab expression for someone like .JOhn, but I can't use it here.
Let's just call him a passive source to feed disinformation to. The
Russians would want to support him as long as he argues that there was NO
conspiracy, ever, anywhere in the world.
Memphis, TN
d***@gmail.com
2018-12-01 00:37:43 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Roger Stone was given considerable airtime on RT (Russia Today) to talk
about his theory that Lyndon Johnson was behind the assassination. Roger
Stone is a HUGE conspiracy theorists!
So is Trump. That's why you like him.
Are you talking to ME?

I think Trump is nothing more than white working class America's middle
finger to the "elites". They can see all his warts - they just don't care.
As long as he aggravates people who they think are laughing at them -
they're OK with it. It's a combination a combination of cultural and
ethnic grievances that have been brewing for years and Trump was their way
of expressing their rage. Angry people seldom make good decisions.

Trump is a conspiracy theorists; so, as I've said before, I find it
curious how most of the CTs in this group dislike Trump whereas the LNs
embrace him.

David Emerling
Memphis, TN
John McAdams
2018-12-01 00:45:16 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by d***@gmail.com
Roger Stone was given considerable airtime on RT (Russia Today) to talk
about his theory that Lyndon Johnson was behind the assassination. Roger
Stone is a HUGE conspiracy theorists!
So is Trump. That's why you like him.
Are you talking to ME?
I think Trump is nothing more than white working class America's middle
finger to the "elites". They can see all his warts - they just don't care.
As long as he aggravates people who they think are laughing at them -
Not laughing at them. Hating them. Despising them. Calling them
"bitter clingers" and a "basket of deplorables."

Telling the women among them that they are spineless, and just voted
as their husbands told them. (You have seen the video of Hillary in
India, right?)
Post by d***@gmail.com
they're OK with it. It's a combination a combination of cultural and
ethnic grievances that have been brewing for years and Trump was their way
of expressing their rage. Angry people seldom make good decisions.
It's a perfectly fine decision to vote against people who hate you.
People who are bigoted against you.

Elitists who despise you and your values, and want to impose their
values on you.
Post by d***@gmail.com
Trump is a conspiracy theorists; so, as I've said before, I find it
curious how most of the CTs in this group dislike Trump whereas the LNs
embrace him.
The CTs are leftists.

Look . . . David, populism is a crude instrument, but sometimes elites
deserve a kick in the teeth.

You got that kick in 2016. You deserved it.

.John
-----------------------
2018-12-02 04:33:57 UTC
Post by John McAdams
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by d***@gmail.com
Trump is a conspiracy theorists; so, as I've said before, I find it
curious how most of the CTs in this group dislike Trump whereas the LNs
embrace him.
The CTs are leftists.
Not all. Are you forgetting Roger Stone and Alex Jones?
Breakfast with Oswald?

I could likewise claim that all WC defenders are Nazis, but that's too
broad a brush.
Post by John McAdams
Look . . . David, populism is a crude instrument, but sometimes elites
deserve a kick in the teeth.
You got that kick in 2016. You deserved it.
Wrong. It was just racism, sexism and Xenophobia. They would have voted
for anyone who wasn't black or Muslim or a woman. And they did.
Post by John McAdams
.John
-----------------------
2018-12-02 04:34:54 UTC
On 1 Dec 2018 23:33:55 -0500, Anthony Marsh
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by John McAdams
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by John McAdams
Look . . . David, populism is a crude instrument, but sometimes elites
deserve a kick in the teeth.
You got that kick in 2016. You deserved it.
Wrong. It was just racism, sexism and Xenophobia. They would have voted
for anyone who wasn't black or Muslim or a woman. And they did.
Thank you for making my point for me, Tony.

.John
-----------------------
2018-12-03 15:52:57 UTC
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by John McAdams
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by John McAdams
Look . . . David, populism is a crude instrument, but sometimes elites
deserve a kick in the teeth.
You got that kick in 2016. You deserved it.
Wrong. It was just racism, sexism and Xenophobia. They would have voted
for anyone who wasn't black or Muslim or a woman. And they did.
Thank you for making my point for me, Tony.
Yes, that most WC defenders here are Nazis, but not all.
Post by John McAdams
.John
-----------------------
2018-12-02 04:33:10 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by d***@gmail.com
Roger Stone was given considerable airtime on RT (Russia Today) to talk
about his theory that Lyndon Johnson was behind the assassination. Roger
Stone is a HUGE conspiracy theorists!
So is Trump. That's why you like him.
Are you talking to ME?
I think Trump is nothing more than white working class America's middle
finger to the "elites". They can see all his warts - they just don't care.
Trump is one of the New York elites. He just pretends to be for the
working man to draw away former Democratic voters to his base of hate. I
think what triggered it was when Obama made fun of him at the Press club
dinner. Trump didn't dare say anything, but he was fuming.
Post by d***@gmail.com
As long as he aggravates people who they think are laughing at them -
they're OK with it. It's a combination a combination of cultural and
ethnic grievances that have been brewing for years and Trump was their way
of expressing their rage. Angry people seldom make good decisions.
Pure racism and Xenophobia.
Post by d***@gmail.com
Trump is a conspiracy theorists; so, as I've said before, I find it
curious how most of the CTs in this group dislike Trump whereas the LNs
embrace him.
They share his biases. Many of us old time researchers were very annoyed
by Roger Stone and Alex Jones touting phony conspiracy theories. It hurt
our cause.
Post by d***@gmail.com
David Emerling
Memphis, TN
Ace Kefford
2018-11-30 01:16:09 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
I stumbled across this interview given by John McAdams with Sputnik (formerly The Voice of Russia).
https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201811241070081550-usa-jfk-assassination-policy-values/
I'm mostly addressing John and wondering if he felt he was accurately and
fully quoted. How were you contacted for the interview? Just curious.
David Emerling
Memphis, TN
Ah-ha, by Jim Garrison logic you have now proved that McAdams is a Soviet
tool.

And now with that revelation (if accurate) a lot of other things would
make sense, such as the fawning support for Trump, the blind eye at
Russian involvement in U.S. elections, etc.!

Where's the Jolly Green Giant when we need him? He can find connections
and proof where no one else could. A regular Sherlock Holmes, he was.