Captain Kirk meets world's looniest Trekkie
2018-05-06 19:07:06 UTC

2018-05-07 16:18:08 UTC
http://youtu.be/5qaiL1QOdnc
And McAdams calls THAT on topic?
OK then, lets spend all our time talking about UFOs.
I just saw Earth Versus the Flying Saucers on Svengoolie last night.
And it reminded me that some kooks have a theory that JFK knew about the
aliens and was killed so that he wouldn't reveal it. They even made a TV
show about it called Dark Skies.
Plot summary

The series presents the idea that 20th century history as people know it
is a lie. It depicts aliens having been among humans since the late 1940s,
with a government cover-up concealing their existence from the public. As
the series progresses, viewers follow John Loengard and Kim Sayers through
the 1960s as they attempt to foil the plots of the alien "Hive". The Hive
is an alien race that planned to invade Earth through a manipulation of
historical events and famous figures, including most notably the
assassination of President John F. Kennedy. In addition, the pair must
stay one step ahead of Majestic 12, a covert government agency that has
mixed motives. The show depicted a number of real-life 1960s personalities
in the plot, such as The Beatles, Robert F. Kennedy, Jim Morrison, and J.
Edgar Hoover.

The series was canceled before the end of the first season, due to low
ratings.
donald willis
2018-05-08 02:12:47 UTC
[...]
That's right--Ray Harryhausen animated things other than big monsters, and
very well....
BOZ
You did not listen to the audio.
Steve BH
2018-05-08 02:14:05 UTC
[...]

Should be called Earth vs. The Retiree People of the Assisted Living
Nebula.

They find a helmet and it has built in vision correction and hearing-aids.
Somebody suggests the aliens are incredibly old and frail, staying alive
only through advanced tech. Hey, I'll bet they have dentures. The only
alien was see looks incredibly old. They sort of stumble around (I don't
see a walker). Let's hear it for advanced life extension. Look at those
saucers wobble.

Life extension is a theme in The Day the Earth Stood Still. Klaatu is
twice as old a she looks. It's the Jesus resurrection story (later stolen
by E.T.), with Klaatu as "Mr. Carpenter." LOL. Sam Jaffee standing in for
the learned men at the Temple who Jesus teaches. And also for Einstein and
the Baruch proposal to turn nukes over to the UN. It's 1951, remember.
Anthony Marsh
2018-05-08 23:44:25 UTC
Post by Steve BH
[...]
Something like that, but not because they were decrepit. To enhance their
senses and because the helmets are protective so they are unable to hear
normally. Why do astronauts have microphones and speakers in their
helmets? Old Age?
Post by Steve BH
Somebody suggests the aliens are incredibly old and frail, staying alive
only through advanced tech. Hey, I'll bet they have dentures. The only
alien was see looks incredibly old. They sort of stumble around (I don't
see a walker). Let's hear it for advanced life extension. Look at those
saucers wobble.
Naughty, naughty. You must have watched the whole movie to see the saucers
wobble. You know it was caused by our weapon.

Who invented it? It was only invented on the spur of the moment to counter
new weapons from an enemy. Did it use explosives? No, it used acoustics.
But you guys would never have funded it because you don't believe in
science and think acoustics is a hoax.
Post by Steve BH
Life extension is a theme in The Day the Earth Stood Still. Klaatu is
Life extension is often a theme in science fiction. The worse was
Torchwood, where the guy wanted to live forever so he drank the blood.
Yes, he lived forever, paralyzed and brain dead.
Post by Steve BH
twice as old a she looks. It's the Jesus resurrection story (later stolen
by E.T.), with Klaatu as "Mr. Carpenter." LOL. Sam Jaffee standing in for
the learned men at the Temple who Jesus teaches. And also for Einstein and
the Baruch proposal to turn nukes over to the UN. It's 1951, remember.
Indeed, many science fiction movies are made as political commentary.