Definition of tangential wound
Add Reply
GKnoll
2015-10-14 02:52:15 UTC
One of those things that has eluded me for a few years is what precisely
was meant by "tangential" wound when Dr. Clark used that term to describe
the wound ON THE SIDE of the Presidents head.

I now believe I know what he meant by that term...He meant that the wound
on the side of the head was not caused directly by the bullet implying
that he did not think the bullet entered or exited there but, rather, the
wound on the side of the head was caused by the effects which were caused
because the bullet struck the head at an oblique angle and caused
secondary missiles to be created ( such as skull fragments etc)

Here is exactly what Dr. Clark said and how he defined the term
"tangential"...

Mr. SPECTER - What, if anything, did you say then in the course of that
press conference?
Dr. CLARK - I described the President's wound in his head in very much
the same way as I have described it here. I was asked if this wound was
an entrance wound, an exit wound, or what, and I said it could be an
exit wound, but I felt it was a TANGENTIAL wound.

Mr. SPECTER - Which wound did you refer to at this time?
Dr. CLARK - The wound in the head.
Mr. SPECTER - Did you describe at that time what you meant by "tangential"?
Dr. CLARK - Yes, sir; I did.
Mr. SPECTER - What definition of "tangential" did you make at that time?
Dr. CLARK - As I remember, I defined the word "tangential" as
being---striking an object obliquely, not squarely or head on.
Mr. SPECTER - Will you describe at this time in somewhat greater detail
the consequences of a tangential wound as contrasted with another type
of a striking?
Dr. CLARK - Let me begin by saying that the damage suffered by an organ
when struck by a bullet or other missile---
Mr. SPECTER - May the record show that I interrupted the deposition for
about 2 minutes to ascertain what our afternoon schedule would be here
because the regular administration office ordinarily closes at 12
o'clock, which was just about 15 minutes ago, and then we resumed the
deposition of Dr. Clark as he was discussing the concept of tangential
and other types of striking. Go ahead, Doctor.
Dr. CLARK - The effects of any missile striking an organ or a function
of the energy which is shed by the missile in passing through this organ
when a bullet strikes the head, if it is able to pass through rapidly
without shedding any energy into the brain, little damage results, other
than that part of the brain which is directly penetrated by the missile.
However, if it strikes the skull at an angle, it must then penetrate
much more bone than normal, therefore, is likely to shed more energy,
striking the brain a more powerful blow.
Secondly, in striking the bone in this manner, it may cause pieces of
the bone to be blown into the brain and thus act as secondary missiles.
Finally, the bullet itself may be deformed and deflected so that it
would go through or penetrate parts of the brain, not in the usual
direct line it was proceeding.

Testimony of Dr. William Kemp Clark
http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/clark_w.htm

Frame 313 of the zapruder film confirms that the bullet struck the top of
the JFK's head at an oblique angle. Considering Dr. Clark did not have
access to the Zapruder film, his initial analysis was pretty good.

Point of Impact...
https://goo.gl/photos/QCsEEusyWc5VRwLr5
claviger
2015-10-14 19:34:32 UTC
Post by GKnoll
[...]
Tangential Wound -- Medical Definition
http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php?t=100070

tangential wound
Type: Term

Definitions:
1. a perforating wound or seton wound that involves only one side of the
part.

seton wound
Type: Term

Definitions:
1. a tangential perforating wound, the entrance and exit openings being on
the same side of the body, head, or limb involved.

http://www.medilexicon.com/medicaldictionary.php
GKnoll
2015-10-17 21:54:59 UTC
Post by GKnoll
[...]
This gif is pretty good in showing the "tangential" strike of the bullet
to JFK's head. That bullet almost missed JFK. It almost followed the
contour of the top of JFK's skull...The bullet struck the top of the
head and exited the forehead area.

https://goo.gl/photos/JsGQBb4oa9TGoNys9

(click on image shown to enlarge)
claviger
2018-06-14 01:10:31 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
Frame 313 of the zapruder film confirms that the bullet struck the top
of the JFK's head at an oblique angle. Considering Dr. Clark did not
have access to the Zapruder film, his initial analysis was pretty good.
Point of Impact...
https://goo.gl/photos/QCsEEusyWc5VRwLr5
This gif is pretty good in showing the "tangential" strike of the bullet
to JFK's head. That bullet almost missed JFK. It almost followed the
contour of the top of JFK's skull...The bullet struck the top of the
head and exited the forehead area.
https://goo.gl/photos/JsGQBb4oa9TGoNys9
(click on image shown to enlarge)
This film clip proves the bullet came from behind the President.
The head violently drops forward and the brain ejecta explodes
forward. No way that shot come from in front of the Limousine.
claviger
forward. No way that shot came from in front of the Limousine.
Anthony Marsh
2018-06-16 05:40:21 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
[...]
Upward. It can only fly out of where skull bones havs split and scalp has
been torn open. In the top or the head towards the front. Not the back.
claviger
2018-06-17 01:03:10 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
[...]
Do you realize we all can see the Zapruder Film on the Internet? The
Governor and his wife were covered in brain matter. That would not happen
if your theory was correct. A bullet from the front that struck the head
would blow out the back of the skull and cover the trunk and followup
security car with blood and brain matter. This would be obvious to
everyone, but that didn't happen did it? No, the explosive exit wound
covered the passengers in front of the President. So your theory of a
sniper behind the fence is null and void.
mainframetech
2018-06-15 00:55:30 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
Frame 313 of the zapruder film confirms that the bullet struck the top
of the JFK's head at an oblique angle. Considering Dr. Clark did not
have access to the Zapruder film, his initial analysis was pretty good.
Point of Impact...
https://goo.gl/photos/QCsEEusyWc5VRwLr5
This gif is pretty good in showing the "tangential" strike of the bullet
to JFK's head. That bullet almost missed JFK. It almost followed the
contour of the top of JFK's skull...The bullet struck the top of the
head and exited the forehead area.
https://goo.gl/photos/JsGQBb4oa9TGoNys9
(click on image shown to enlarge)
This film clip proves the bullet came from behind the President.
The head violently drops forward and the brain ejecta explodes
forward. No way that shot come from in front of the Limousine.
Well then, explain the bullet hole in the forehead/temple area, and
explain Vincent DiMaio's comment:

"The picture is radically different in the case of a high-velocity rifle
bullet. As the bullet enters the body, there is a “tail
splash,” or backward hurling of injured tissue. This material may
be ejected from the entrance."

From: "Gunshot Wounds" by Vincent DiMaio Chapter 'Wound Balistics".
Online at
https://www.e-reading.club/bookreader.php/135302/Gunshot_wounds._Practical_aspects_of_firearms,_ballistics,_and_forensic_techniques.pdf

DiMaio is an expert in the field of Wound Ballistics and Forensic
medicine.

As well, remember that the Z-film was altered, particularly at that
point Frame 312 and forward. The film can't be trusted when doing
measurements from it. And the intent of the alteration would be to show
not a frontal shot, but a shot from above and behind.

2018-06-17 01:03:16 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
Frame 313 of the zapruder film confirms that the bullet struck the top
of the JFK's head at an oblique angle. Considering Dr. Clark did not
have access to the Zapruder film, his initial analysis was pretty good.
Point of Impact...
https://goo.gl/photos/QCsEEusyWc5VRwLr5
This gif is pretty good in showing the "tangential" strike of the bullet
to JFK's head. That bullet almost missed JFK. It almost followed the
contour of the top of JFK's skull...The bullet struck the top of the
head and exited the forehead area.
https://goo.gl/photos/JsGQBb4oa9TGoNys9
(click on image shown to enlarge)
This film clip proves the bullet came from behind the President.
The head violently drops forward and the brain ejecta explodes
forward. No way that shot come from in front of the Limousine.
Well then, explain the bullet hole in the forehead/temple area, and
Nobody needs to explain the things you imagine.
From: "Gunshot Wounds" by Vincent DiMaio Chapter 'Wound Balistics".
Online at
https://www.e-reading.club/bookreader.php/135302/Gunshot_wounds._Practical_aspects_of_firearms,_ballistics,_and_forensic_techniques.pdf
DiMaio is an expert in the field of Wound Ballistics and Forensic
medicine.
Yes he is an expert and he believes the medical evidence indicates JFK was
shot twice from behind and from nowhere else. Why don't you believe him?
Why do you choose to substitute your judgement for his when it comes to
the medical evidence?
Post by mainframetech
As well, remember that the Z-film was altered,
Another myth.
Post by mainframetech
particularly at that
point Frame 312 and forward. The film can't be trusted when doing
measurements from it. And the intent of the alteration would be to show
not a frontal shot, but a shot from above and behind.
Faulty premises lead to faulty conclusions. Your faulty premise is that
there were shots from the front which led you to the faulty conclusion
that the Z-film was altered since it clear shows the head shot came from
behind JFK.
mainframetech
2018-06-15 00:56:15 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
[...]
I can't bring myself to believe that the bullet hole in the
forehead/temple area was the end of a "tangential shot". Since there were
over 39 eye witnesses to the 'large hole in the BOH, a shot of some kind
had to cause that, and the best possibility was the entry in the forehead.
That would cause a classic wound pair, with the entry being small (but
visible to any that looked) and a large exit wound at the BOH. Picturing
a bullet scraping along the top of the skull and going deeper and deeper
as it went, only to come out in a perfect tiny hole 1/4th of an inch in
diameter makes no sense to me.

I would expect there to be a mark as the bullet passed leaving a
'trench' in the skull until it dove below the surface only to come out at
the forehead. There is no photographic evidence of such a passage of a
bullet, and the entry in the forehead is definitely an entry, and NOT an
exit.

2018-06-16 05:20:25 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
[...]
Well, I like that the WC defenders are STUPID enough to propose that idea.
They've laid a trap for themselves. The can not diagram a shot lining up
to exit the hole in the forehead that will:
A. point back to the sniper's nest
B. exit on a downward path and yet miss hitting anything right in front
of and below JFK's head.
C. Leave intact and hit the chrome topping.
2018-06-17 01:03:19 UTC
Post by GKnoll
Post by GKnoll
[...]
Why not. Since you imagine this bullet hole can't you imagine just about
anything you want about it?
Post by mainframetech
Since there were
over 39 eye witnesses to the 'large hole in the BOH, a shot of some kind
had to cause that, and the best possibility was the entry in the forehead.
There was no entry in the forehead and no exit in the rear. No competent
forensic pathologist has every stated there is medical evidence of that.
Post by mainframetech
That would cause a classic wound pair, with the entry being small (but
visible to any that looked) and a large exit wound at the BOH. Picturing
a bullet scraping along the top of the skull and going deeper and deeper
as it went, only to come out in a perfect tiny hole 1/4th of an inch in
diameter makes no sense to me.
Once again you offer your amateur's opinion in lieu of those who really
know what they are talking about.
Post by mainframetech
I would expect there to be a mark as the bullet passed leaving a
'trench' in the skull until it dove below the surface only to come out at
the forehead. There is no photographic evidence of such a passage of a
bullet, and the entry in the forehead is definitely an entry, and NOT an
exit.
So says Dr. Chris Mainframetech.