Interesting Document About Mark Lane
2018-05-07 03:23:33 UTC
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WjjTVcLlZkc82k2t5cz5VXmLDa7EFKAA/view?usp=sharing

Fred Litwin discovered this.

.John
-----------------------
2018-05-08 02:04:56 UTC
Post by John McAdams
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WjjTVcLlZkc82k2t5cz5VXmLDa7EFKAA/view?usp=sharing
Fred Litwin discovered this.
.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
That is interesting!

I didn't read it all, but there is a lot of intriguing stuff in there.

I did get a kick out of the references to assassination researchers "Dan"
Jones of the Midlothian Mirror and "Howard Hofman/Hoffman" which I am
guessing refers to Howard Roffman.
John McAdams
2018-05-08 02:09:05 UTC
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by John McAdams
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WjjTVcLlZkc82k2t5cz5VXmLDa7EFKAA/view?usp=sharing
Fred Litwin discovered this.
.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
That is interesting!
I didn't read it all, but there is a lot of intriguing stuff in there.
I did get a kick out of the references to assassination researchers "Dan"
Jones of the Midlothian Mirror and "Howard Hofman/Hoffman" which I am
guessing refers to Howard Roffman.
I had thought that the Mitrokin Archive was the only evidence for the
"Mr. Hunt" note being a KGB forgery. But this document seems to
confirm that.

I really would like to know what "Foreign Government" was the source
of the information.

I actually wonder whether it might be the Russian government, during a
period of relative liberalization in the 1990s.

.John
-----------------------
2018-05-08 23:27:20 UTC
Post by John McAdams
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Yeah, I didn't read it thoroughly trying to figure out various aspects of
it but I did read it a lot more closely than just skimming it, and I was
thinking as I read that the foreign government meant the Soviet Union
given what is reported, but it would seem odd for them to admit it, other
than as you speculate maybe during a period of liberalization. If not the
Soviet Union, then who?

My vague understanding is that the Russians kept documents and information
pretty close and did not tend to share them with their Communist "allies."
Could it have been Cuba? I also wondered if it might be some dissident or
"spy" within Russia or one of its allies, but I would think the
information would be attributed to a "confidential source" and not the
reference to a foreign government.

This is not an area I know much about. Do we know what the Odyssey
project was?

Anyway, definitely interesting.
John McAdams
2018-05-08 23:39:41 UTC
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by John McAdams
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by John McAdams
[...]
I said "Russia" because I was guessing that it might be after the
Soviet Union broke up. But during the Gorbachev era is possible.
Post by Ace Kefford
My vague understanding is that the Russians kept documents and information
pretty close and did not tend to share them with their Communist "allies."
Could it have been Cuba?
I would doubt that. In the first place, they would have thought Cuba
a rather loose cannon. Remember, Castro wanted Khrushchev to nuke the
U.S. during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

https://www.nytimes.com/1990/09/24/world/khrushchev-memoir-tells-of-castro-plea-for-attack-on-us.html

Further, when liberalization began, the USSR (and then Russia) viewed
Cuba as a rather backward state.
Post by Ace Kefford
I also wondered if it might be some dissident or
"spy" within Russia or one of its allies, but I would think the
information would be attributed to a "confidential source" and not the
reference to a foreign government.
Of course, the foreign government might be running the spy.
Post by Ace Kefford
This is not an area I know much about. Do we know what the Odyssey
project was?
I don't, and a Google search doesn't turn up anything relevant.
Post by Ace Kefford
Anyway, definitely interesting.
Indeed it is.

.John
-----------------------
2018-05-10 18:54:17 UTC
Post by John McAdams
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by John McAdams
Post by Ace Kefford
My vague understanding is that the Russians kept documents and information
pretty close and did not tend to share them with their Communist "allies."
Could it have been Cuba?
I would doubt that. In the first place, they would have thought Cuba
a rather loose cannon. Remember, Castro wanted Khrushchev to nuke the
U.S. during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
And Castro kept the short-range nuclear missiles hidden in caves.
2018-05-08 23:42:42 UTC
Post by John McAdams
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Notice the spelling error in the Hunt letter. The forger spells
concerning as concernDing.He spells it with a D.
Ace Kefford
2018-05-10 01:07:38 UTC
Post by John McAdams
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Concerning concernDing, if they were doing a forged Oswald note is that a
misspelling that Oswald had in something else he wrote and so the
repetition of the mistake would be seen as supporting the authenticity of
the false note.
Anthony Marsh
Could be, but don't overdo it or it becomes obvious.
BOZ
2018-05-11 17:54:04 UTC
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by BOZ
Post by John McAdams
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by John McAdams
[...]
THE SPELLING ERROR INDICATES THAT THE LETTER WAS PROBABLY WRITTEN BY TOM
ROSSLEY
Jason Burke
2018-05-12 21:54:53 UTC
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by BOZ
Post by John McAdams
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Rossley would have spelled every word incorrectly.

And blamed it on the Warren Commission.
BOZ
YOU ARE RIGHT.
Mark OBLAZNEY
2018-05-15 01:46:44 UTC
Post by Jason Burke
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by BOZ
Post by John McAdams
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Someone should inform Ralph Cinque of this so he can write a post on it.
After all, Mark Lane was an OIC 'senior member', and shall forever be one
in perpetuity. He so does belong there, sipping his kool-ade in hell.
Anthony Marsh
2018-05-10 18:50:18 UTC
Post by John McAdams
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Interesting. Things like that were one of the first things that tipped me
off that it was not really from Lee Harvey Oswald. Lack of the right kinds
of mistakes and errors in grammar. Oswald was Dyslexic. Look at some of
his real writings.

I thought perhaps it was trying to link Oswald to HL Hunt because the KGB
wing of the SDECE had put out a conspiracy theory that that it was done by
the Texas oil barons. The CIA theory does not work very well, because
Oswald would not have know E. Howard Hunt's real name.
Anthony Marsh
2018-05-08 23:48:48 UTC
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by John McAdams
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WjjTVcLlZkc82k2t5cz5VXmLDa7EFKAA/view?usp=sharing
Fred Litwin discovered this.
.John
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
That is interesting!
I didn't read it all, but there is a lot of intriguing stuff in there.
I did get a kick out of the references to assassination researchers "Dan"
Jones of the Midlothian Mirror and "Howard Hofman/Hoffman" which I am
guessing refers to Howard Roffman.
Close enough for the KGB.