Lee Harvey Oswald questions
Add Reply
JAMaguire
2017-08-06 00:03:50 UTC
(a) Was Lee Harvey Oswald right-eye dominant or left-eye dominant?

(b) Was Lee Harvey Oswald right-handed or left-handed?

(c) When Lee Harvey Oswald shot a rifle during his stint in the US Marine
Corps, did he do so from the left side (look through the gun sight with
his left eye & pull the trigger with his left hand), or the right side
(look through the gun sight with his right eye & pull the trigger with his
right hand)?

(d) Where did Lee Harvey Oswald land on the distribution histogram of US
Marine Corps riflemen?

https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipOnoPLw_c8ersNg6RbLpxVaY6WWfw3e-gnehhCk

(e) As a radar operator in the US Marine Corps of the late 1950's
(stationed overseas in Japan/Korea), how many hours per week would Lee
Harvey Oswald have been practicing firing a rifle? How would this compare
with other Marines?
Steve M. Galbraith
2017-08-06 22:26:30 UTC
Post by JAMaguire
[...]
I'll try the two easy one:

According to Marina he was right handed.

From her WC testimony:
Mr. RANKIN. Can you tell us whether your husband was right handed or left
handed?
Mrs. OSWALD. No, he was right handed.

As to shooting: he shot using the right side.

Here's a photo of him shooting:
2017-08-06 22:42:28 UTC
Post by JAMaguire
(a) Was Lee Harvey Oswald right-eye dominant or left-eye dominant?
Right
Post by JAMaguire
(c) When Lee Harvey Oswald shot a rifle during his stint in the US Marine
Corps, did he do so from the left side (look through the gun sight with
his left eye & pull the trigger with his left hand), or the right side
(look through the gun sight with his right eye & pull the trigger with his
right hand)?
Silly. You can see him shooting at the firing line in a photo.

Post by JAMaguire
(d) Where did Lee Harvey Oswald land on the distribution histogram of US
Marine Corps riflemen?
https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipOnoPLw_c8ersNg6RbLpxVaY6WWfw3e-gnehhCk
(e) As a radar operator in the US Marine Corps of the late 1950's
(stationed overseas in Japan/Korea), how many hours per week would Lee
Harvey Oswald have been practicing firing a rifle? How would this compare
with other Marines?
Silly. He fired in BASIC training not after being deployed.
The only thing he did with a gun after being deployed was guard duty.
Rumors are that he did fire his gun once to kill a fellow Marine.
bpete1969
2017-08-07 20:19:28 UTC
http://www.the-puzzle-palace.com/LHO_training.jpg
Post by JAMaguire
(d) Where did Lee Harvey Oswald land on the distribution histogram of US
Marine Corps riflemen?
https://photos.google.com/search/_tra_/photo/AF1QipOnoPLw_c8ersNg6RbLpxVaY6WWfw3e-gnehhCk
(e) As a radar operator in the US Marine Corps of the late 1950's
(stationed overseas in Japan/Korea), how many hours per week would Lee
Harvey Oswald have been practicing firing a rifle? How would this compare
with other Marines?
Silly. He fired in BASIC training not after being deployed.
The only thing he did with a gun after being deployed was guard duty.
Rumors are that he did fire his gun once to kill a fellow Marine.
Wrong again Marsh. In 1956 he qualified with a score of 212. In 1959 he
qualified with a score of 191. That's the only two scores we know of but
it proves you don't know what you're talking about...as usual.
Anthony Marsh
You are attacking me for things I did not say. All you ever do is attack.
JAMaguire
2017-08-10 18:55:54 UTC
1. From what I'm getting from other sources, serious riflemen choose their
"side" based on eye-dominance, not handed-ness (there's no big
coordination issue concerning whether the dominant hand holds the barrel
or pulls the trigger). The eye is the key.

2. One or more photos show LHO firing "right".

If these two datum are true, then that makes LHO's (alleged) marksmanship
on 22 NOV 1963 ten times more amazing than it would be just based on the
shortcomings of the Mannlicher-Carcano rifle. Given the angle which that
side of the school book depository makes with respect to the limousine in
it's position at the time of attack, the optimum choice would be to have a
left shooter (left eye dominant, left hand pulls trigger) in that window.
A right-shooter (LHO) would have to hang his upper torso out of the window
at an incredibly awkward angle just to get shots away, let alone hit his
target 2 out of 3 times in less than 6 seconds.

What about all those "Dealey Plaza shooting tests" I heard they did using
expert marksmen? Were those marksmen left-shooters, right-shooters, or a
mixture of both? Did the accuracies achieved skew toward favoring one side
or the other?

Hasn't at least one of the assassination books done a deep dive into this
issue?
claviger
2017-08-11 18:29:20 UTC
Post by JAMaguire
1. From what I'm getting from other sources, serious riflemen choose their
"side" based on eye-dominance, not handed-ness (there's no big
coordination issue concerning whether the dominant hand holds the barrel
or pulls the trigger). The eye is the key.
What is your source for this dubious information?
Post by JAMaguire
2. One or more photos show LHO firing "right".
If these two datum are true, then that makes LHO's (alleged) marksmanship
on 22 NOV 1963 ten times more amazing than it would be just based on the
shortcomings of the Mannlicher-Carcano rifle.
What shortcomings?
Post by JAMaguire
Given the angle which that side of the school book depository makes with
respect to the limousine in it's position at the time of attack, the optimum
choice would be to have a left shooter (left eye dominant, left hand pulls
trigger) in that window. A right-shooter (LHO) would have to hang his upper
torso out of the window at an incredibly awkward angle just to get shots away,
let alone hit his target 2 out of 3 times in less than 6 seconds.
What about all those "Dealey Plaza shooting tests" I heard they did using
expert marksmen? Were those marksmen left-shooters, right-shooters, or a
mixture of both? Did the accuracies achieved skew toward favoring one side
or the other?
What "Dealey Plaza shooting tests" are you referring to? How can you
dispute them if you know nothing about them?
You mean LHO is innocent because he used the wrong eye to shoot his rifle?
Anthony Marsh
2017-08-12 15:03:45 UTC
Post by JAMaguire
2. One or more photos show LHO firing "right".
If these two datum are true, then that makes LHO's (alleged) marksmanship
on 22 NOV 1963 ten times more amazing than it would be just based on the
shortcomings of the Mannlicher-Carcano rifle.
What shortcomings?
Missing the target at close range. Jamming.
Post by claviger
Post by JAMaguire
Given the angle which that side of the school book depository makes with
respect to the limousine in it's position at the time of attack, the optimum
choice would be to have a left shooter (left eye dominant, left hand pulls
trigger) in that window. A right-shooter (LHO) would have to hang his upper
torso out of the window at an incredibly awkward angle just to get shots away,
let alone hit his target 2 out of 3 times in less than 6 seconds.
What about all those "Dealey Plaza shooting tests" I heard they did using
expert marksmen? Were those marksmen left-shooters, right-shooters, or a
mixture of both? Did the accuracies achieved skew toward favoring one side
or the other?
What "Dealey Plaza shooting tests" are you referring to? How can you
dispute them if you know nothing about them?
We must ASSuME because he knows so little about this case that he only
HEARD about the HSCA shooting tests in 1978. I think he suspects that it
makes a difference if the shooter shoots left handed rather than right
handed. Yes, it can mak a difference, but in the shooting tests and in the
assasination they shot right handed.
Interesting theory.
bpete1969
2017-08-11 00:55:34 UTC
Post by bpete1969
Post by JAMaguire
[...]
Excuse me? Did you not type the following....

Silly. He fired in BASIC training not after being deployed.
The only thing he did with a gun after being deployed was guard duty.
Rumors are that he did fire his gun once to kill a fellow Marine.

Just curious because it has your name attached to the post.

Se either you typed it and are WRONG. Or you didn't type it and you are
responding to a reply to someone else and if that is the case then no one
attacked you.

Which is it Marsh?
Anthony Marsh
2017-08-12 00:30:32 UTC
Post by bpete1969
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by bpete1969
Post by JAMaguire
[...]
You can't follow the markings of quotations to see who said what.
What do you think I said?

Where did I say anything about some idiot attacking me?
OHLeeRedux
2017-08-13 02:39:34 UTC
Post by bpete1969
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by bpete1969
Post by JAMaguire
[...]

Says the man who has argued with his own posts.