O'Reilly Endorses Cutler "Umbrella Man" Theory
2017-06-15 02:33:02 UTC
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/11/20/jfk_assassination_video_bill_o_reilly_reported_on_the_umbrella_man_in_1979.html

Bonus, O'Neill on the autopsy "missile."

.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
Robert Harris
2017-06-15 19:01:23 UTC
Post by John McAdams
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/11/20/jfk_assassination_video_bill_o_reilly_reported_on_the_umbrella_man_in_1979.html
Bonus, O'Neill on the autopsy "missile."
It's not about people or personalities.

IT'S ABOUT THE *EVIDENCE*.

Cutler's theory is interesting and surprising well supported
by evidence.

Robert Harris
Anthony Marsh
2017-06-16 02:16:48 UTC
Post by Robert Harris
Post by John McAdams
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/11/20/jfk_assassination_video_bill_o_reilly_reported_on_the_umbrella_man_in_1979.html
Bonus, O'Neill on the autopsy "missile."
It's not about people or personalities.
IT'S ABOUT THE *EVIDENCE*.
Cutler's theory is interesting and surprising well supported by evidence.
Interesting? Yes. Cute? Yes.
But not supported by evidence.
Did you know Bob Cutler? NO.
I did. I visited him and worked with him several times in Manchester.
The flechette idea is possible. So is the umbrella gun.
But his entire theory does not work.
Post by Robert Harris
http://youtu.be/_amPcU5YoKI
Robert Harris
Anthony Marsh
2017-06-16 01:01:30 UTC
Post by John McAdams
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/11/20/jfk_assassination_video_bill_o_reilly_reported_on_the_umbrella_man_in_1979.html
Bonus, O'Neill on the autopsy "missile."
Please. You screwed up the joke.
He didn't spell it "missile."
He spelled it "missle."

Now, if you were smart enough to figure out how to show graphics inline
you could SHOW everyone the receipt that says "missle" and everyone
would get your excellent joke.

Post by John McAdams
.John
-----------------------
2017-06-19 22:06:59 UTC
Post by John McAdams
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/11/20/jfk_assassination_video_bill_o_reilly_reported_on_the_umbrella_man_in_1979.html
Bonus, O'Neill on the autopsy "missile."
.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
Robert Cutler ended up with the Umbrella Man theory by a logical process.
He concluded there was a front of the throat entry. He couldn't map out a
shooter location from the knoll fence line that would not have been
interfered with either in tracking or in actual flightpath by the freeway
sign or spectators. So, eureka, the shot came from the Umbrella Man.
(For what it's worth I think he also considered the grassy knoll south
(the other knoll) but that flightpath didn't work either.)
Anthony Marsh
2017-06-21 02:24:38 UTC
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by John McAdams
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/11/20/jfk_assassination_video_bill_o_reilly_reported_on_the_umbrella_man_in_1979.html
Bonus, O'Neill on the autopsy "missile."
.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
Robert Cutler ended up with the Umbrella Man theory by a logical process.
He concluded there was a front of the throat entry. He couldn't map out a
shooter location from the knoll fence line that would not have been
interfered with either in tracking or in actual flightpath by the freeway
sign or spectators. So, eureka, the shot came from the Umbrella Man.
(For what it's worth I think he also considered the grassy knoll south
(the other knoll) but that flightpath didn't work either.)
Flightpath? WTF are you talking about? There is nothing wrong with the
flightpath from The Umbrella Man to JFK's throat. Mythbusters even
tested the idea. There are lots of other problems with that wacky
theory, but flightpath is not one of them.

2017-06-22 02:28:17 UTC
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by John McAdams
[...]
https://ratical.org/ratville/JFK/images/TUM7.jpg
Take it up with Cutler. That was his reasoning.