O'Reilly Endorses Cutler "Umbrella Man" Theory
2017-06-15 02:33:02 UTC
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/11/20/jfk_assassination_video_bill_o_reilly_reported_on_the_umbrella_man_in_1979.html

Bonus, O'Neill on the autopsy "missile."

.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
Robert Harris
2017-06-15 19:01:23 UTC
Post by John McAdams
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/11/20/jfk_assassination_video_bill_o_reilly_reported_on_the_umbrella_man_in_1979.html
Bonus, O'Neill on the autopsy "missile."
It's not about people or personalities.

IT'S ABOUT THE *EVIDENCE*.

Cutler's theory is interesting and surprising well supported
by evidence.

Robert Harris
Anthony Marsh
2017-06-16 02:16:48 UTC
Post by Robert Harris
Post by John McAdams
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/11/20/jfk_assassination_video_bill_o_reilly_reported_on_the_umbrella_man_in_1979.html
Bonus, O'Neill on the autopsy "missile."
It's not about people or personalities.
IT'S ABOUT THE *EVIDENCE*.
Cutler's theory is interesting and surprising well supported by evidence.
Interesting? Yes. Cute? Yes.
But not supported by evidence.
Did you know Bob Cutler? NO.
I did. I visited him and worked with him several times in Manchester.
The flechette idea is possible. So is the umbrella gun.
But his entire theory does not work.
Post by Robert Harris
http://youtu.be/_amPcU5YoKI
Robert Harris
Anthony Marsh
2017-06-16 01:01:30 UTC
Post by John McAdams
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/11/20/jfk_assassination_video_bill_o_reilly_reported_on_the_umbrella_man_in_1979.html
Bonus, O'Neill on the autopsy "missile."
Please. You screwed up the joke.
He didn't spell it "missile."
He spelled it "missle."

Now, if you were smart enough to figure out how to show graphics inline
you could SHOW everyone the receipt that says "missle" and everyone
would get your excellent joke.

Post by John McAdams
.John
-----------------------
2017-06-19 22:06:59 UTC
Post by John McAdams
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/11/20/jfk_assassination_video_bill_o_reilly_reported_on_the_umbrella_man_in_1979.html
Bonus, O'Neill on the autopsy "missile."
.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
Robert Cutler ended up with the Umbrella Man theory by a logical process.
He concluded there was a front of the throat entry. He couldn't map out a
shooter location from the knoll fence line that would not have been
interfered with either in tracking or in actual flightpath by the freeway
sign or spectators. So, eureka, the shot came from the Umbrella Man.
(For what it's worth I think he also considered the grassy knoll south
(the other knoll) but that flightpath didn't work either.)
Anthony Marsh
2017-06-21 02:24:38 UTC
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by John McAdams
http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2013/11/20/jfk_assassination_video_bill_o_reilly_reported_on_the_umbrella_man_in_1979.html
Bonus, O'Neill on the autopsy "missile."
.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
Robert Cutler ended up with the Umbrella Man theory by a logical process.
He concluded there was a front of the throat entry. He couldn't map out a
shooter location from the knoll fence line that would not have been
interfered with either in tracking or in actual flightpath by the freeway
sign or spectators. So, eureka, the shot came from the Umbrella Man.
(For what it's worth I think he also considered the grassy knoll south
(the other knoll) but that flightpath didn't work either.)
Flightpath? WTF are you talking about? There is nothing wrong with the
flightpath from The Umbrella Man to JFK's throat. Mythbusters even
tested the idea. There are lots of other problems with that wacky
theory, but flightpath is not one of them.

2017-06-22 02:28:17 UTC
https://ratical.org/ratville/JFK/images/TUM7.jpg
Take it up with Cutler. That was his reasoning.
Anthony Marsh
Again, the problem is not the flightpath. Stop saying false things.
Ace Kefford
2017-06-27 00:59:55 UTC
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Did Cutler agree with you? As far as I know he continued with TUM as the
origin of a front throat entry. Of course he could have done that
regardless of whether a shot from the knoll was blocked.
Anthony Marsh
2017-06-28 02:24:39 UTC
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Of course not. He stuck with his Umbrella Man theory.
Post by Ace Kefford
origin of a front throat entry. Of course he could have done that
regardless of whether a shot from the knoll was blocked.
Again, try to pay attention. There was nothing blocking either the
Umbrella Man flightpath or the grassy knoll shooter. Cutler did diagram
how the side glass would block a shot from the storm drain. We agreed on
that.

He diagrammed the shot from behind the fence, but his map was inaccurate.

I diagrammed the positions using the most accurate map:

2017-06-28 23:09:10 UTC
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Ace Kefford
origin of a front throat entry. Of course he could have done that
regardless of whether a shot from the knoll was blocked.
Again, try to pay attention. There was nothing blocking either the
Umbrella Man flightpath or the grassy knoll shooter. Cutler did diagram
how the side glass would block a shot from the storm drain. We agreed on
that.
http://www.the-puzzle-palace.com/GKG-3-XII-83.jpg
He diagrammed the shot from behind the fence, but his map was inaccurate.
http://www.the-puzzle-palace.com/GKG_IV_93.jpg
http://www.the-puzzle-palace.com/knollmen.gif
CUT FROM ABOVE
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Ace Kefford
Did Cutler agree with you? As far as I know he continued with TUM as the
Of course not. He stuck with his Umbrella Man theory.
I guess he liked the Umbrella Man theory so much he couldn't let go of his
baby, even if you had shown him that the basis for his no frontal throat
shot from the knoll conclusion was wrong. It is after all a cool theory.
Especially when combined with the idea that the commotion on the knoll was
just intended as a distraction and red herring, including I believe a
"smoke puffer."
Anthony Marsh
2017-06-30 00:16:15 UTC
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Ace Kefford
Did Cutler agree with you? As far as I know he continued with TUM as the
Of course not. He stuck with his Umbrella Man theory.
I guess he liked the Umbrella Man theory so much he couldn't let go of his
I think the word is obsesssion.
But he was not the only kook who said the throat wound was an entrance.
So did the Parkland doctors. Which is why they are not qualified to do
autopsies. So did the CIA. So did Life magazine:

So have some WC defenders who know nothing about this case, but want to
sound cool.

BTW, I particularly like the full head of blond hair and the very neat
hair cut.
Post by Ace Kefford
baby, even if you had shown him that the basis for his no frontal throat
shot from the knoll conclusion was wrong. It is after all a cool theory.
Well, I tried not to argue about various frontal throat shots, but stick
to his latest theory.
Post by Ace Kefford
Especially when combined with the idea that the commotion on the knoll was
just intended as a distraction and red herring, including I believe a
"smoke puffer."
I'm not sure who started that theory. Could be fun to research. You may
not be old enough to remember, but several of us on both sides, including
myself and Steve Barber agreed that it was most likely cigarette smoke
that witnesses saw. I went a little farther and suggested that it
indicates a CIA officer who was a chain smoker. Maybe it was the
inspiration for the X-Files Cigarette Smoking Man. I think they were
unfiltered Camels. And the DNA matched an allotype typical of the
ALSACE-LORRAINE region.
Ace Kefford
2017-06-30 21:57:02 UTC
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Ace Kefford
Post by Anthony Marsh
http://www.the-puzzle-palace.com/LIFE12-6-63.jpg
http://www.the-puzzle-palace.com/Langley29.gif
Post by Ace Kefford
Especially when combined with the idea that the commotion on the knoll was
just intended as a distraction and red herring, including I believe a
"smoke puffer."
I'm not sure who started that theory. Could be fun to research. You may
not be old enough to remember, but several of us on both sides, including
myself and Steve Barber agreed that it was most likely cigarette smoke
that witnesses saw. I went a little farther and suggested that it
indicates a CIA officer who was a chain smoker. Maybe it was the
inspiration for the X-Files Cigarette Smoking Man. I think they were
unfiltered Camels. And the DNA matched an allotype typical of the
ALSACE-LORRAINE region.
Yeah, but LIFE magazine explained the frontal entrance, the film shows
Kennedy turned far to his right so his throat was facing the book
depository windown. Say what? Did you or anyone ever track down how that
very weak attempt at explanation was developed and put in the mag?
Anthony Marsh