The word "Mike/Mic Contains One Syllable.
Add Reply
Steve Barber
2018-07-07 21:41:54 UTC
https://www.howmanysyllables.com/words/mike
GKnoll
2018-07-08 16:37:13 UTC
Post by Steve Barber
https://www.howmanysyllables.com/words/mike
The word mike contains TWO speech sounds. You can say there is only 1
syllable, because , technically, a syllable is a speech sound that
contains a vowel. But syllables are not the only speech sounds.

If mic only contained one speech sound then it would sound like "my",
not mike.

You can see the three speech sounds in the audio. I have posted this
several times but here it is again.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jxHqgrxsLxfQwmG48
Anthony Marsh
2018-07-09 19:42:20 UTC
Post by Steve Barber
https://www.howmanysyllables.com/words/mike
How about the transmission just before the mic got stuck Is that "might
tell" or "might telling" or "mind telling"?
I think you don't tell us what you really hear, but copy down what some
transcript said, liked Bowles.
Steve Barber
2018-07-10 14:50:10 UTC
Post by Steve Barber
https://www.howmanysyllables.com/words/mike
How about the transmission just before the mic got stuck Is that "might
tell" or "might telling" or "mind telling"?
I think you don't tell us what you really hear, but copy down what some
transcript said, liked Bowles.
I think you are full of shit, Marsh. Long before I even had a transcript or even knew they existed(1978) I knew it was "Might tell". And you--of all people--asking of it's anything different than that, well, that is just plain stupid.