to be able to understand where shooters are
2018-05-12 14:30:01 UTC
MICHAEL HARGATHER (New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology): It's a
major problem for our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, to be able to
understand where shooters are in these urban environments. Multiple
buildings, multiple locations that the shockwaves reverberate off of, can
give us multiple sound signatures.
Anthony Marsh
2018-05-12 23:59:35 UTC
MICHAEL HARGATHER (New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology): It's a
major problem for our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, to be able to
understand where shooters are in these urban environments. Multiple
buildings, multiple locations that the shockwaves reverberate off of, can
give us multiple sound signatures.
Which is why acoustical scientists invented a machine which will listen
to all the echoes and tell you were the shot came from.
Boomerang.
BBN, ever hear of them?

BTW, another brand called ShotSpotter is used here in Boston and last
month pinpointed the location of the shooter in Dorchester within
seconds and accurate to within 10 feet even before anyone had called 911.
BOZ
2018-05-14 03:09:57 UTC
MICHAEL HARGATHER (New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology): It's a
major problem for our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, to be able to
understand where shooters are in these urban environments. Multiple
buildings, multiple locations that the shockwaves reverberate off of, can
give us multiple sound signatures.
Which is why acoustical scientists invented a machine which will listen
to all the echoes and tell you were the shot came from.
Boomerang.
BBN, ever hear of them?
BTW, another brand called ShotSpotter is used here in Boston and last
month pinpointed the location of the shooter in Dorchester within
seconds and accurate to within 10 feet even before anyone had called 911.
THE ACOUSTICAL EVIDENCE WAS DEBUNKED BY STEVE BARBER. WHY DON'T YOU
CONGRATULATE HIM? WHY DON'T YOU ASK HIM TO PLAY THE DRUMS WHEN YOU ARE
PLAYING THE SAXOPHONE?
Anthony Marsh
2018-05-15 13:11:22 UTC
[...]
Steve Barber is not an acoustical scientist and has no standing to debunk
anything.

Does he even play the drums anymore? I gave away or sold ALL my
instruments when I moved into a much smaller apartment.

I never owned a saxophone. I gave my clarinet and trumpet to my sister for
church.
OHLeeRedux
2018-05-16 02:26:31 UTC
[...]
So many alternative facts in one post. You've outdone yourself, Anthony
Marsh.
BOZ
2018-05-16 02:36:34 UTC
[...]
MARSH YOU WERE TOO BUSY READING PLAYBOY WHEN YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN READING
GALLERY.
Anthony Marsh
2018-05-17 14:14:36 UTC
[...]
I have the distinction of being one of the few researchers who actually
has the original Gallery magazine with the 45 RPM record in it.
Damn near impossible to find any machine to play it now.
I only read Playboy for the articles.
BOZ
2018-05-18 15:10:38 UTC
[...]
YOU HAVE THE DISTINCTION OF BEING ONE OF THE FEW RESEARCHERS WHO ACTUALLY
HAS THE ORIGINAL GALLERY? HOW DO YOU KNOW THE MAGAZINE HAS NOT BEEN
ALTERED?
Anthony Marsh
2018-05-19 14:42:30 UTC
[...]
Is that a new conspiracy theory?
I didn't know they had Fake News back then.
OHLeeRedux

Well, we have it now, and you are its primary purveyor in this group.
claviger
2018-05-17 02:50:13 UTC
MICHAEL HARGATHER (New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology): It's a
major problem for our soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, to be able to
understand where shooters are in these urban environments. Multiple
buildings, multiple locations that the shockwaves reverberate off of, can
give us multiple sound signatures.
Which is why acoustical scientists invented a machine which will listen
to all the echoes and tell you were the shot came from.
Boomerang.
BBN, ever hear of them?
When were they invented?
Post by Anthony Marsh
BTW, another brand called ShotSpotter is used here in Boston and last
month pinpointed the location of the shooter in Dorchester within
seconds and accurate to within 10 feet even before anyone had called 911.
When was it invented?

Can they be used to analyze a Dictabelt tape?
Anthony Marsh
Boston is not the same as Dealey Plaza.
Jason Burke
2018-05-19 14:45:41 UTC
Post by Anthony Marsh
BTW, another brand called ShotSpotter is used here in Boston and last
month pinpointed the location of the shooter in Dorchester within
seconds and accurate to within 10 feet even before anyone had called 911.
When was it invented?
Can they be used to analyze a Dictabelt tape?
Nope.
Boston is not the same as Dealey Plaza.
Oooh, ShotSpotter only works in Boston. Interesting.
MIT proprietary property?
Anthony Marsh
2018-05-20 18:36:00 UTC
Post by Anthony Marsh
BTW, another brand called ShotSpotter is used here in Boston and last
month pinpointed the location of the shooter in Dorchester within
seconds and accurate to within 10 feet even before anyone had called 911.
When was it invented?
Can they be used to analyze a Dictabelt tape?
Nope.
Boston is not the same as Dealey Plaza.
Oooh, ShotSpotter only works in Boston. Interesting.
MIT proprietary property?
Other cities in our area also have it. I don't think this version was
invented at MIT, but that's a good question.