Oswald left handed shooter
Add Reply
Danny Stommels
2010-11-22 15:50:50 UTC
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
claviger
2010-11-22 17:13:24 UTC
Post by Danny Stommels
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
When LHO was arrested in the movie theater he struck the police officer
with his left fist and grabbed his pistol with his right hand.
bigdog
2010-11-22 22:35:18 UTC
Post by Danny Stommels
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
I don't know what your point is. Yes, the bolt action would have to be
operated with the right hand and to do so, one would have to take the
right hand off the trigger. So what. Bolt action rifles were used in
such a manner by hundreds of thousands of soldiers from WWI through
Vietnam. It has been demonstrated numerous times that the Carcano
rifle could be fired 3 times in under 6 seconds, even though Oswald
likely took over 8 seconds to fire his three shots. The shots Oswald
fired were not that difficult and his precision was not all that
great. Targeting the head and upper torso of a man from less than 90
yards, he hit his target twice in three shots and the two shots which
hit the target were spaced about a foot apart. That kind of shooting
wins you the booby prize in your local turkey shoot. In the Marines,
Oswald trained and qualified at ranges of 200 yards and up and without
the aid of a scope and fired with greater precision than he
demonstrated in DP on 11/22/63. But like you say, he was a little
rusty. It wasn't great shooting but got the job done. A really skilled
sniper would have taken out JFK with one shot at that range.

I don't know where you got your information that Oswald gave his rifle
to friends. I don't even know of any friends Oswald had. He was a
loner.

The bullets were made by the Western Cartridge Company and no one
knows where he bought the bullets because records of ammunition
purchases were not kept then nor are they kept now, at least not in
Texas.
Anthony Marsh
2010-11-23 05:09:42 UTC
Post by Danny Stommels
[...]
You're right there. George DeMohrenschildt was not a friend, only a CIA
contact.
Post by bigdog
The bullets were made by the Western Cartridge Company and no one
knows where he bought the bullets because records of ammunition
purchases were not kept then nor are they kept now, at least not in
Texas.
Records were kept then, but no one admits to selling Oswald the ammo.
Not many stores had that brand in stock.
Dave B. C.
2010-11-22 22:35:50 UTC
Post by Danny Stommels
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
Interesting... but note in the famous backyard photo that LHO has a
pistol holstered on his RIGHT hip.
bigdog
2010-11-23 01:25:14 UTC
Post by Dave B. C.
Post by Danny Stommels
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
Interesting... but note in the famous backyard photo that LHO has a
pistol holstered on his RIGHT hip.
I believe I have seen a photo of Oswald firing a rifle in the USMC and
if my memory is correct, he was firing right handed.
tomnln
2010-11-23 02:23:13 UTC
Post by Dave B. C.
Post by Danny Stommels
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
Interesting... but note in the famous backyard photo that LHO has a
pistol holstered on his RIGHT hip.
OSWALD WAS INDEED RIGHT-HANDED.

Anthony Marsh
2010-11-23 03:10:59 UTC
Post by tomnln
Post by Dave B. C.
Post by Danny Stommels
[...]
So what? As I said before almost all lefties learn to shoot
right-handed, because almost all rifles are made right handed.
Brokedad
2010-11-24 01:08:57 UTC
Post by tomnln
Post by Dave B. C.
Post by Danny Stommels
[...]
if my memory is correct, he was firing right handed.- Hide quoted text -
As I have repeatedly stated, far too many times to count, the military
services virtually insisted that one fire the M-1 Garand with a "right-
handed" firing position.

To do otherwise was to invite the ejected cartridge to strike one in
the right eye!

There are actually those who have experienced "eye injuries" from
having fired the Garand from the "left-handed" firing position.
bigdog
2010-11-24 06:00:35 UTC
Post by Brokedad
Post by tomnln
Post by Dave B. C.
Post by Danny Stommels
[...]
Not surprising at all. The M-1 was a semiautomatic designed to fire a
powerful .30-06 round, originally developed for the bolt action
Springfield rifle. As such, the spent shell would eject forcefully on the
right hand side. If the shooter was firing left handed, his face would be
on the side of the ejecting cartridge so it would only be prudent to fire
the weapon from the right shoulder, putting one's face on the left side of
the rifle, away from the ejecting shell. It's a right hand world as just
about any lefty can tell you. I'm sure firing an M-1 was not the first
time that the lefties had to adjust to something designed to be operated
by a right handed person.
Anthony Marsh
2010-11-24 16:08:35 UTC
Post by Brokedad
Post by tomnln
Post by Dave B. C.
Post by Danny Stommels
[...]
Sure. Prudent. So prove it by showing us the ejection pattern of an M-1
and how close it gets to the right eye.
claviger
2010-11-24 20:27:05 UTC
bigdog,

Is there any doubt at this point that LHO was not left-handed? Didn't
his brother Robert confirm he was right-handed? When jumped by the
police in the theater he instinctively grabbed his pistol with his
right hand.
bigdog
2010-11-25 03:16:08 UTC
bigdog,
Is there any doubt at this point that LHO was not left-handed?  Didn't
his brother Robert confirm he was right-handed?  When jumped by the
police in the theater he instinctively grabbed his pistol with his
right hand.
Yes I believe he was right handed. The backyard photos show his pistol
holstered on his right hip, the natural position for a righty.

A word of caution about drawing such a conclusion from a photo. For many
years it was believed Billy the Kid was left handed because of a photo he
posed for which showed his holster on his left hip. That was accepted for
a long time until one astute observer noticed that his Winchester rifle
had the receiver on the left side, and no Winchester had been made with
the receiver on the left, therefore it was clear that photo had been
flipped. Billy the Kid was a righty.
Anthony Marsh
2010-11-25 05:29:06 UTC
[...]
I hate to break this to you, but Oswald was cheap. He bought that holster
at a cheap Army/Navy store. It is designed to be worn on the right side of
the body because 90% of the users are right handed. Standard military
issue does not make special left-handed versions, only right-handed.
tomnln
2010-11-25 17:45:17 UTC
Hey Marsh;

Where's the PROOF that Oswald bought that holder from a cheap Army/Navy
store ? ? ?

WHY would he buy a holster for a 6 inch barrel when he already had a
holster for a 2 inch barrel?

Anthony Marsh
2010-11-25 22:02:29 UTC
Post by tomnln
Hey Marsh;
Where's the PROOF that Oswald bought that holder from a cheap Army/Navy
store ? ? ?
Lattimer.
Post by tomnln
WHY would he buy a holster for a 6 inch barrel when he already had a
holster for a 2 inch barrel?
Show me the other holster. Maybe it didn't come on a belt.
Was he wearing that holster when he was arrested? Maybe if you knew
somebody who has the WC volumes you could ask him what the CE number is.
http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh16/html/WH_Vol16_0269b.htm
only right-handed.
tomnln
2010-11-26 06:09:35 UTC
Post by tomnln
Hey Marsh;
Where's the PROOF that Oswald bought that holder from a cheap Army/Navy
store ? ? ?
Lattimer.
HOHOHOHO

Lattimer also said he had Manlicher-Carcano with serial number 2766...
so much for your QUACK SOURCE ! ! !
only right-handed.
Anthony Marsh
2010-11-26 22:00:22 UTC
Post by tomnln
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by tomnln
Hey Marsh;
Where's the PROOF that Oswald bought that holder from a cheap Army/Navy
store ? ? ?
Lattimer.
HOHOHOHO
Lattimer also said he had Manlicher-Carcano with serial number 2766...
so much for your QUACK SOURCE ! ! !
He admitted that he was wrong about that. But I am not citing him as
having made the discovery. Just that he included it in his book.
only right-handed.
tomnln
2010-11-25 17:45:33 UTC
The holster found in Oswald's rooming house was CE-144.

It was for a pistol with a 2 inch barrel.

Anthony Marsh
2010-11-25 03:35:29 UTC
bigdog,
Is there any doubt at this point that LHO was not left-handed? Didn't
his brother Robert confirm he was right-handed? When jumped by the
police in the theater he instinctively grabbed his pistol with his
right hand.
Does it make any difference at all? No. Only because some wackos falsely
claimed that his scope was mounted for a lefty. Otherwise it makes
absolutely no difference.
tomnln
THAT REPORT WAS PRINTED IN VOLUME XXV PAGE 799.
Brokedad
2010-11-29 20:12:17 UTC
Post by Brokedad
Post by tomnln
Post by Dave B. C.
Post by Danny Stommels
[...]
by a right handed person.- Hide quoted text -
Finally! The sound of reason.

I personally know an individual who suffers limited "right eye"
damage, as well as collecting a small pension from the army from
having fired the Garand left-handed and thereafter suffering eye
damage from the ejected cartridge.

Of course, old age and the fact that I once served in the Mississippi
National Guard, which had the M1-Garand, also helps in the
understanding of some things.

Another "old"/now deceased tidbit of shooter knowledge ( Gerry
Hemming ), and I used to discuss this aspect of the Garand frequently,
as he was also fully aware of its potential injury to the shooter.

Nevertheless, LHO was a SUPERIOR shooter when shooting the M-1 Garand
from the right-handed firing position.
tomnln
2010-11-23 02:17:47 UTC
Post by Danny Stommels
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
Interesting... but note in the famous backyard photo that LHO has a
pistol holstered on his RIGHT hip.

that IS A FULL SIZE HOLSTER (FOR A 6 INCH BARREL)

Oswald REPORTEDLY HAD A 2 INCH BARREL WITH A SMALL HOLSTER..

Anthony Marsh
2010-11-23 03:11:23 UTC
Meaningless.
Anthony Marsh
Interesting, but not conclusive.
jas
2010-11-22 22:47:35 UTC
Post by Danny Stommels
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
If he used his left hand to work the bolt, he could have easily rested
the stock on the boxes perched in front of the window.

Having the firing experience he had, he could have also used his right
hand to work the bolt. Just because someone is considered "left" or
"right" handed doesn't automatically cancel out the use of the
opposite hand.
Anthony Marsh
2010-11-22 22:57:21 UTC
Post by Danny Stommels
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
Yes, all silly questions. Tis the season.
Almost every left-hander learns to shoot right handed. Very few are rich
enough to have left-handed rifles made especially for them. In the
Marines Oswald learned to shoot right handed.
No one knows where Oswald bought the WCC ammo. Some suspect a gun shop
owner named Mason but he denied it. It wasn't like every mom and pop
store on every corner sold the WCC ammo. Some mail order companies sold it.
tomnln
Coondog
2010-11-24 01:05:16 UTC
Post by Danny Stommels
[...]
True, most lefties had to adapt to shooting a right hand bolt gun.
However, Remington has long produced a left hand version of their BDL
700 at a moderate price. The Weatherby rifles have long had a left
hand version although at a higher price.
Bill Clarke
Anthony Marsh
2010-11-24 03:14:02 UTC
Post by Coondog
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Danny Stommels
[...]
And as I said you WC defenders would not have been suspicious in the
least if Oswald had bought a left-handed rifle for $2000 while on
unemployment. You'd just claim that he was a thrift saver.
geovulture
2010-11-22 23:15:44 UTC
Post by Danny Stommels
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
This is fairly typical for most lefties, as there are not nearly as
many left handed bolt action rifles available. If you are firing from
a gun rest, as Oswald would have been, it isn't that difficult. Being
left handed with a right handed bolt actually allows the shooter to
keep their finger on the trigger the whole time while operating the
bolt with the other hand. My father has shot this way his whole life
and can do it easily and quickly. It isn't as easy without a rest
(standing, kneeling, etc), as he has to support the rifle with his
left while he operates the bolt with his right, but he can still do
even that fairly quickly.
Anthony Marsh
2010-11-23 03:14:37 UTC
Post by geovulture
Post by Danny Stommels
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
This is fairly typical for most lefties, as there are not nearly as
many left handed bolt action rifles available. If you are firing from
Good point. Oswald could have bought a left handed rifle for about $2000
and you WC defenders would not have been the least bit suspicious about
how he could afford that on his unemployment check. In fact you Tea Party
guys would cite that as a reason why we should cut off all unemployment
and give the money to David Kock.
Post by geovulture
a gun rest, as Oswald would have been, it isn't that difficult. Being
left handed with a right handed bolt actually allows the shooter to
keep their finger on the trigger the whole time while operating the
bolt with the other hand. My father has shot this way his whole life
and can do it easily and quickly. It isn't as easy without a rest
(standing, kneeling, etc), as he has to support the rifle with his
left while he operates the bolt with his right, but he can still do
even that fairly quickly.
And it's even easier for a lefty to just buy a dependable semi-automatic
rifle like the M-1 which can easily be shot left handed.
Pat Speer
2010-11-23 01:28:00 UTC
Post by Danny Stommels
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
His mom said he was left-handed, but his brother Robert said she was
mistaking Lee for himself, and that HE was the one who was left handed.
This was confirmed by Lee's wife Marina, and his half-brother John.

Even so, some have ventured that his being left-handed would have been an
advantage, and my research on sniping says this is true. A left- handed
shooter would almost certainly be "left-eye dominant" and have a distinct
advantage over a right-eye dominant shooter when tracking a car from left
to right, as in Dealey Plaza.
Anthony Marsh
2010-11-23 03:11:33 UTC
Post by Pat Speer
Post by Danny Stommels
[...]
Do the handwriting experts say that Oswald wrote left-handed or
right-handed?
tomnln
MARSH's EFFORT TO SAVE THE WCR LIES IS LAUGHABLE ! ! !
Jean Davison
2010-11-23 02:23:50 UTC
Post by Danny Stommels
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
Photos indicate he was right-handed, Danny.

Here's Oswald in New Orleans, handing out leaftets.

Whenever he's seen wearing a watch, it's on his left wrist, where
most righties wear them:

Firing a rifle in the Marines, FWIW:

Jean
Anthony Marsh
2010-11-23 03:10:49 UTC
Post by Jean Davison
Post by Danny Stommels
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
Photos indicate he was right-handed, Danny.
Here's Oswald in New Orleans, handing out leaftets.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/oswald/art/cronp5.jpg
Whenever he's seen wearing a watch, it's on his left wrist, where
http://elementaryteacher.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/oswald-and-wife-marina-in-minsk.jpg
http://elementaryteacher.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/oswald-in-the-marine-corps.jpg
Jean
None of those are proof. As I said before almost all lefties learn how
to shoot right-handed.
The watch? Kinda meaningless.
Handing out leaflets? One off. Not a pattern.
tomnln
claviger
2010-11-23 05:14:08 UTC
Post by Danny Stommels
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
Danny,

Marina testified he did practice with the rifle in various places, one
being near Love Field. She said he would sometimes pick a rainy day so he
could wear a long raincoat to hide the rifle on the bus. He also
practiced dry firing the rifle which annoyed Marina when he would do it on
the coach. She made him go out on the porch when doing that repetitive
exercise. The MC rifle was known to have a loose, therefore fast bolt
action. Several shooters have been able to recycle the bolt quick enough
to get off three shots in 6 seconds. However some researchers now believe
the actual time frame was 8-10 seconds.
claviger
Make that "couch", not coach.
tomnln
NOW TELL US WHAT VOLUME/PAGE WE CAN FIND THOSE STATEMENTS BY MARINA ? ? ? ?
Anthony Marsh
2010-11-23 14:00:34 UTC
Post by Danny Stommels
[...]
Well, why not keep moving up the available time? If you think 6 seconds
is not enough time, don't just stop at 10 seconds. Try to get away with
claiming 20 seconds.
tomnln

great THAT WC suppoters disagree with the wCR's 4.8to7 seconds.
bigdog
2010-11-25 03:15:33 UTC
Post by Danny Stommels
[...]
Tom, you ought to brush up on what the WCR said about the shooting
sequence. They concluded that the shots were fired in 4.8 to 5.6 seconds
if and only if the second shot missed. The came to no conclusion as to
which of the three shots missed. The final sentence of the Conclusions
paragraph states "... that the three shots were fired in a time period
ranging from approximately 4.8 to IN EXCESS of 7 seconds.". Leaving out
the words "in excess" completely changes their meaning, but I'm sure that
was just an accident on your part and not an attempt to deceive the
readers. As it stands, the belief that the shooting sequence was over a
span of 8-10 seconds is completely compatible with "in excess of 7
seconds".
Anthony Marsh
2010-11-25 05:29:24 UTC
Post by Danny Stommels
[...]
Yes, so is three days.
In other words they said nothing.
jas
2010-11-24 21:00:38 UTC
Post by Danny Stommels
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
Paul McCartney is a left-handed bass player. When he was killed in
that car crash, we all knew "they" used an impostor because the new
Paul played a right-handed bass.

:>)
b***@gmail.com
2017-06-17 13:43:22 UTC
Post by Danny Stommels
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
Whether he was right or left handed, the scope was off, and it would have
been very difficult to fire any bullets accurately. Even if he could
somehow adjust by seeing where the first bullet missed, that first bullet
didn't hit anything and Oswald wouldn't have known where to adjust from.
James Files said he shot JFK from the grassy knoll, hitting JFK near the
ear, with a mercury laced bullet explaining the way it exploded. Roscoe
White's diary showed he shot JFK from behind the picket fence. White
served in the marines with Oswald at 3 different duty stations. White
worked with Tippet and said Tippet was supposed to kill Oswald but
chickened out, so White shot Tippet. White is the "Badgeman." Malcolm
Wallace's prints show up in the 6th floor of the Texas Depository.
Wallace, White, and Files were all professional hit men working for LBJ,
the CIA and the Mafia. When the Soviet archives opened up on the fall of
the Soviet Union, Russia revealed its files on Oswald, showing Oswald was
a poor shot. He did get "marksman" in the marines, but that's the minimum
needed to be a marine. Most replications of the 3 bullet shots failed to
hit the target in 6 seconds, even with an accurate zeroed scope.
Jason Burke
Hoo boy. Someone's been reading fairy tales.
Anthony Marsh
2017-06-19 12:16:05 UTC
Post by Jason Burke
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Danny Stommels
[...]
Oh, you mean like the Warren Commission Report?
NOw all of a sudden you aren't so proud of it.
bigdog
Is this Golden Oldies week?
Anthony Marsh
2017-06-18 00:11:45 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Danny Stommels
[...]
Maybe. So where did that bullet go? Show it to me and tell me where it went.
Post by b***@gmail.com
James Files said he shot JFK from the grassy knoll, hitting JFK near the
ear, with a mercury laced bullet explaining the way it exploded. Roscoe
Mercury LACED? What exactly do you think that means?
Do you even know what an explosive bullet is?
The Files story was a hoax. I talked to Vernon and he admitted that he
had fallen for the hoax.
Post by b***@gmail.com
White's diary showed he shot JFK from behind the picket fence. White
served in the marines with Oswald at 3 different duty stations. White
Another hoax. A case like this creates hundreds of hoaxes.
Post by b***@gmail.com
worked with Tippet and said Tippet was supposed to kill Oswald but
WHo is Tippet? You know nothing about this case.
Post by b***@gmail.com
chickened out, so White shot Tippet. White is the "Badgeman." Malcolm
Wallace's prints show up in the 6th floor of the Texas Depository.
False.
Where did you read all this crap? Show us the URL.
mainframetech
2017-06-18 18:55:49 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Danny Stommels
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
The FBI tried to find the place where the bullets were bought and
failed. They also looked for a place where Oswald practiced but couldn't
find that either.
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
How do you know the scope was off? And why would a shooter stop after
firing into Dealey Plaza and waste time putting the scope back on the
rifle before hiding it among the pallet of book boxes?

How do you know the first bullet fired from the window was the one
that missed? How did you know that ANY of the bullets hit or hurt anyone?

2017-06-19 23:26:17 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Danny Stommels
Hi, I just started reading some documents about the JFK assassination
and red that Oswald was left handed. His rifle was a right handside
bolt action Carcano. So, to fire a new shot he has to use his right
hand to load a new round and by doing so he could not support his
rifle anymore. So I think it is almost impossible to fire 3 bullets in
such a short period of time. Also, how many times had Oswald practised
shooting after he left the marines? If my information is correct, he
placed that rifle with friends a few weeks before the assassination. A
marksman need practice. Another, maybe silly, question is where did he
buy the bullets for that rifle?
Thanks in advance for the replies.
The FBI tried to find the place where the bullets were bought and
failed. They also looked for a place where Oswald practiced but couldn't
find that either.
And for some strange reason known only to yourself you think there would
actually be a record of his ammo purchases or his practice sessions. I've
got a closet full of ammo. I'll bet the FBI could never find out where I
bought any of it if they needed to.
Post by mainframetech
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
Connallly heard a shot before the shot that hit him. He and JFK reacted at
precisiely the same frame to their wounds which with all the other
evidence is highly probative they were hit by the same shot. That would
mean the first shot missed both of them.
Anthony Marsh
Connally heard the first shot and then SAW that JFK had already been shot.
claviger
2017-06-18 21:44:25 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
Post by Danny Stommels
[...]
Oswald in target practice
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5005cf71e4b059c85b977f11/t/56520419e4b0a376ef81d7d3/1448215578410/?format=750w

In his first Marine Quals he scored Sharpshooter.
Commission Document 81 - AG Texas Letter with attachments dated 07 Jan 1964
http://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=10483#relPageId=602
Second time through Quals Marksman. By then he had GASSTA.

What are the the most important requirements for a USMC marksmanship
badge?
https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-the-most-important-requirements-for-a-USMC-marksmanship-badge

Was or was not Lee Harvey Oswald an expert marksman?
https://www.quora.com/Was-or-was-not-Lee-Harvey-Oswald-an-expert-marksman
JFK Assassination (November 1963): How difficult was the shot taken by Lee Harvey Oswald?

Stock Photo - Warren Commission exhibit. Gun used by Lee Harvey Oswald to
assassinate of President John Kennedy. It was a Mannlicher-Carcano