Link to Steve Barber article mentioning other crosstalk before "hold"
Add Reply
GKnoll
2018-07-04 01:33:32 UTC
Here is a link to the article in which Steve Barber mentions other
portions of the Decker broadcast, which preceded the "hold" phrase.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xtGn4TnzdlbPFeUkdV387l9mMEcRxIBE/view

He mentions the following phrase that he hears before the "hold " cross
talk.

He does not specify where exactly he hears these phrase.

For the "men available" phrase he says he hears it at the same location
where the first shot was interpreted by BBN. Which is fairly specific
and we can locate it from that description.

However, he is very unspecific with respect to the "in an effort" and
"to determine" phrases. All he says for those two phrase is "in the
moments before the "hold" cross talk he hears these phrases.

My question to Steve, can you please be specific where the two phrases
"in an effort" and "to determine" are located relative to the beginning
of the "hold" crosstalk.

I think everyone would like to know where exactly you hear these phrases
and I think you owe it to the research community to share it with us.
Steve Barber
2018-07-04 19:30:00 UTC
Post by GKnoll
[...]
You are asking me to try to tell you things that I hear, by posting in a
newsgroup. This is silly. Didn't you say when I first pointed out that I
can hear it a week or two ago, that you can hear some speech in that
location? There is your answer.

I really wish that you would stop saying things like " I think everyone
would like to know where exactly you hear these phrases and I think you
owe it to the research community to share it with us." You have shown
nothing but disrespect toward me these past years. I don't "owe" anyone
anything--least of all you. You ask me why I'm so bitter. I'm not bitter
toward people unless someone gives me a reason to be toward them, and
you've gone beyond the limit.
GKnoll
2018-07-05 23:15:52 UTC
Post by Steve Barber
Post by GKnoll
[...]
I am not asking you to tell us things that you hear. You have already
done that. I am asking you to tell us where it is on the recording that
you hear those words.

In other words, you refuse to answer.
Post by Steve Barber
I really wish that you would stop saying things like " I think everyone
would like to know where exactly you hear these phrases and I think you
owe it to the research community to share it with us." You have shown
nothing but disrespect toward me these past years. I don't "owe" anyone
anything--least of all you. You ask me why I'm so bitter. I'm not bitter
toward people unless someone gives me a reason to be toward them, and
you've gone beyond the limit.
Regardless of what you just said, it is true that the members of the
forum, as well as the entire research community, has an interest in
knowing where it is on the tape that you hear those words.

Steve, I have not shown you disrespect. I have taken and defended a
position that is different from your position and you have taken offense
with that. You need to go back and take a look at the things that you have
said to me and if you do, you will find that you are the pot that is
calling the kettle black.
Anthony Marsh
2018-07-05 23:20:28 UTC
Post by GKnoll
[...]
How rude. No one is allowed to pin down Steve on any point.
He's protected.