Conspiracy Belief Down
2018-02-27 03:41:36 UTC
Only 51% in this poll.

https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/PPP_Release_National_ConspiracyTheories_040213.pdf#page=3

It was 61% in a 2013 Gallup Poll.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/165893/majority-believe-jfk-killed-conspiracy.aspx

.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
c***@gmail.com
2018-02-28 00:41:08 UTC
Post by John McAdams
Only 51% in this poll.
https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/PPP_Release_National_ConspiracyTheories_040213.pdf#page=3
It was 61% in a 2013 Gallup Poll.
http://news.gallup.com/poll/165893/majority-believe-jfk-killed-conspiracy.aspx
.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
Hmmm...the poll says only 25% of the poll respondents think Oswald acted
alone.
Anthony Marsh
2018-03-01 01:58:13 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Post by John McAdams
Only 51% in this poll.
https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/PPP_Release_National_ConspiracyTheories_040213.pdf#page=3
It was 61% in a 2013 Gallup Poll.
http://news.gallup.com/poll/165893/majority-believe-jfk-killed-conspiracy.aspx
.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
Hmmm...the poll says only 25% of the poll respondents think Oswald acted
alone.
Too high.

By 1976, Americans' belief in the conspiracy theory swelled to 81%. The
percentage believing more than one person was involved remained high for
decades, amid numerous published reports and books that alleged a
conspiracy.
So, I think a rash of books from the WC defenders pushed the number up
to 25%. Credit McAams.
Robert Harris
2018-03-01 23:26:59 UTC
Post by c***@gmail.com
Post by John McAdams
Only 51% in this poll.
https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/PPP_Release_National_ConspiracyTheories_040213.pdf#page=3
It was 61% in a 2013 Gallup Poll.
http://news.gallup.com/poll/165893/majority-believe-jfk-killed-conspiracy.aspx
.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
Hmmm...the poll says only 25% of the poll respondents think Oswald acted
alone.
Why does that matter? We, in this forum, know far more about the case than
99% of the rest of the US population. Polls like this are only useful in
determining which side has the better PR.

We know that the vast majority of the witnesses only heard one of the
early shots and then two closely bunched shots at the end. That includes
the people who rode with the President.

We know that the top scientists who analyzed the Zapruder film, identified
a loud and startling noise 1.5 seconds prior to the fatal headshot, both
of which Oswald couldn't have fired.

We know that the surviving passengers in the limo reacted dramatically and
simultaneously to that noise and that they confirmed that it was a gunshot
- not a siren or anything else.

We also know that CE399 was not the bullet that wounded John Connally,
based on Connally's own statement that the real bullet fell from his
stretcher and was recovered by a nurse, who showed that bullet to District
attorney Wade. She was further confirmed by officer Bobby Nolan, who heard
her describe it as a whole bullet from Connally's "gurney'.

Furthermore, we know that the bullet Daryl Tomlinson found was initialed
by two federal agents, but the initials of neither of them are present on
CE399.

http://jfkhistory.com/bell/bellarticle/BellArticle.html

You are privy to all of this evidence and your inability to even TRY to
refute it, confirms that you are aware that Oswald didn't act alone. So,
why are you disappointed that most people don't think he did???

Robert Harris
Anthony Marsh
2018-03-02 22:34:10 UTC
Post by Robert Harris
Post by c***@gmail.com
Post by John McAdams
[...]
No, that is just your phony Argument by Authority.
You only tell the half of the story which you think sound impressive.
http://jfkhistory.com/285again.gif
We also know that CE399 was not the bullet that wounded John Connally,
based on Connally's own statement that the real bullet fell from his
stretcher and was recovered by a nurse, who showed that bullet to District
That is NOT his own story and you know it. It was a fairy tale made up
by his ghost writer. We've been over this thousands of times and you
keep telling the same false story.
Post by Robert Harris
attorney Wade. She was further confirmed by officer Bobby Nolan, who heard
her describe it as a whole bullet from Connally's "gurney'.
Hearsay.
Post by Robert Harris
Furthermore, we know that the bullet Daryl Tomlinson found was initialed
by two federal agents, but the initials of neither of them are present on
CE399.
See John Hunt.
Robert Harris
Robert Harris
2018-03-04 14:17:51 UTC
Post by Robert Harris
Post by c***@gmail.com
Post by John McAdams
[...]
The analyses of two of the nation's top physicists during the 20th
century, is hardly a fallacy.

Furthermore, Alvarez's identification of Zapruder's reaction to that
noise, was a Zapruder frames 290-291. It is easy to confirm that the limo
passengers reacted at 290-292, which fully corroborates his conclusion.

He was also corroborated by Dr. Stroscio, and by the large consensus of
witness in DP, who heard two closely bunched shots at the end of the
attack.

It is hard to think of anything that has been better proven, than this
shot.
Post by Anthony Marsh
You only tell the half of the story which you think sound impressive.
Well then, why don't you tell the other half, Tony:-)
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Robert Harris
We know that the surviving passengers in the limo reacted dramatically and
simultaneously to that noise and that they confirmed that it was a gunshot
- not a siren or anything else.
http://jfkhistory.com/285again.gif
No comment Tony?
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Robert Harris
We also know that CE399 was not the bullet that wounded John Connally,
based on Connally's own statement that the real bullet fell from his
stretcher and was recovered by a nurse, who showed that bullet to District
That is NOT his own story and you know it.
Of course it's his own story. That was his autobiography as recited to one
of the nation's most highly respected biographers. His wife sat in on
every session.

Your attempt to call Mr. Herskowitz a liar, based on no evidence of any
kind, is pathetic BS, even by your standards.
Post by Anthony Marsh
It was a fairy tale made up
by his ghost writer.
Why don't you tell everyone how you came to that conclusion, Tony. I want
to hear your evidence.
Post by Anthony Marsh
We've been over this thousands of times and you
keep telling the same false story.
Besides this being the most idiotic claim I have ever heard you make,
Connally was corroborated by district attorney Henry Wade, who met that
same nurse. She was holding the bullet in her hand and told him it came
from Connally's gurney, which is exactly what Connally said.

Officer Bobby Nolan heard her say EXACTLY the same thing.

I've already explain this to you repeatedly, and you have never even tried
to dispute it.
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Robert Harris
attorney Wade. She was further confirmed by officer Bobby Nolan, who heard
her describe it as a whole bullet from Connally's "gurney'.
Hearsay.
NO!!

Those were first hand statements - all three of them physically
encountered the nurse. Wade saw the bullet in her hand and she told him
exactly where it came from.
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Robert Harris
Furthermore, we know that the bullet Daryl Tomlinson found was initialed
by two federal agents, but the initials of neither of them are present on
CE399.
See John Hunt.
I cited Hunt verbatim in this article.

http://jfkhistory.com/bell/bellarticle/BellArticle.html

CE399 was NOT the bullet that wounded John Connally. That is not a theory.
It is a fact.

Robert Harris
Anthony Marsh
2018-03-05 01:48:12 UTC
Post by Robert Harris
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Robert Harris
Post by c***@gmail.com
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Another of your endless stream of phony Arguments by Authority.
Yes, Alvazez proved that the limo slowed down. But he could not prove
WHY. He thought it was in reaction to a siren, but we know that is not
possible. So YOU hijacked his theory and substituted YOUR imaginary shot
which supposedly hit nothing. Then you keep changing the frame just to
confuse us. Yes, the limo suddently slowed down. No, the driver did not
hit the brakes. There was no siren.
Post by Robert Harris
Furthermore, Alvarez's identification of Zapruder's reaction to that
noise, was a Zapruder frames 290-291. It is easy to confirm that the limo
passengers reacted at 290-292, which fully corroborates his conclusion.
He did not PROVE it was a reaction to a sound. He specutated that it was
a reaction to a siren. No siren, so you have claim it was a shot.

By next year you'll be up to 15 shots.
Post by Robert Harris
http://jfkhistory.com/simultaneous.gif
He was also corroborated by Dr. Stroscio, and by the large consensus of
witness in DP, who heard two closely bunched shots at the end of the
attack.
Who? Is that a Nobel Prize winner in Acoustics?
You still don't post everything he said.
Post by Robert Harris
It is hard to think of anything that has been better proven, than this
shot.
I forget what that is called in classical Latin rhetoric.
In plain English it's only a bluff.
Post by Robert Harris
Post by Anthony Marsh
You only tell the half of the story which you think sound impressive.
Well then, why don't you tell the other half, Tony:-)
Not my job to tell you what you think.
Post by Robert Harris
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Robert Harris
We know that the surviving passengers in the limo reacted dramatically and
simultaneously to that noise and that they confirmed that it was a gunshot
- not a siren or anything else.
http://jfkhistory.com/285again.gif
No comment Tony?
Garbage. Everyone reacted when the limo suddenly slowed down.
It's called INERTIA. Watch some crash test dummies. Are they reaction to
a gun shot?
Post by Robert Harris
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Robert Harris
We also know that CE399 was not the bullet that wounded John Connally,
based on Connally's own statement that the real bullet fell from his
stretcher and was recovered by a nurse, who showed that bullet to District
That is NOT his own story and you know it.
Of course it's his own story. That was his autobiography as recited to one
of the nation's most highly respected biographers. His wife sat in on
every session.
Are you really this clueless? We've been over this many times before. Mr.
Kerskowitz made that up from his imagination to sound dramatic. He
embellished the autobiography to sell a book. Not everything in that book
is that Connally said and not everything really happened. Mr. Herskowitz
is a liar. John Connally never said those things. They never really
happened. Herskowitz just made it all up from his imagination. Do you
really believe that all the SS agents jumped out of the Queen Mary and ran
up to the TSBD? If so, then show me this happening in films or photos. If
no, then admit that he lied and just made it up. It's an either/or.
Post by Robert Harris
Your attempt to call Mr. Herskowitz a liar, based on no evidence of any
kind, is pathetic BS, even by your standards.
I just showed you the evidence.
You can't admit anything.
Post by Robert Harris
Post by Anthony Marsh
It was a fairy tale made up
by his ghost writer.
Why don't you tell everyone how you came to that conclusion, Tony. I want
to hear your evidence.
I just did, about 1,000 times. Others can read the old messages.

You have a stray bullet falling out and being picked up by a nurse and
disappearing.
Or do you cltaim it was CE 399? Then an orderly finds a bullet and turns
it in, but you can't say if it is CE 399 or a fake.
Post by Robert Harris
Post by Anthony Marsh
We've been over this thousands of times and you
keep telling the same false story.
Besides this being the most idiotic claim I have ever heard you make,
Connally was corroborated by district attorney Henry Wade, who met that
same nurse. She was holding the bullet in her hand and told him it came
from Connally's gurney, which is exactly what Connally said.
Wrong. She didn't say she picked it up off the floor and maybe is did
come from Connally's gurney, near the elevator, not in the operating room.
You have A and C and then you ASSUME B.
Post by Robert Harris
Officer Bobby Nolan heard her say EXACTLY the same thing.
Not exactly. You ever quote EXACTLY.
Post by Robert Harris
I've already explain this to you repeatedly, and you have never even tried
to dispute it.
I do, every time. You never admit any mistakes.
Post by Robert Harris
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Robert Harris
attorney Wade. She was further confirmed by officer Bobby Nolan, who heard
her describe it as a whole bullet from Connally's "gurney'.
Hearsay.
NO!!
Those were first hand statements - all three of them physically
encountered the nurse. Wade saw the bullet in her hand and she told him
exactly where it came from.
Under oath or in a deposition?
So what it it came from Connally's gurney? The dispute is WHEN it was
found, WHERE the gurney was at the time it was found, and by whom.
Do you need to call Tomlinson a liar to get your theory to work?
Post by Robert Harris
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Robert Harris
Furthermore, we know that the bullet Daryl Tomlinson found was initialed
by two federal agents, but the initials of neither of them are present on
CE399.
See John Hunt.
I cited Hunt verbatim in this article.
http://jfkhistory.com/bell/bellarticle/BellArticle.html
CE399 was NOT the bullet that wounded John Connally. That is not a theory.
It is a fact.
Might be a fact, but we can't be sure.
Robert Harris
bigdog
2018-02-28 00:45:06 UTC
Post by John McAdams
Only 51% in this poll.
https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/PPP_Release_National_ConspiracyTheories_040213.pdf#page=3
It was 61% in a 2013 Gallup Poll.
http://news.gallup.com/poll/165893/majority-believe-jfk-killed-conspiracy.aspx
Interesting that the number of undecided between those two polls rose from
9 to 24 percent. That seems to indicate that many people once believing in
conspiracy are now less sure. Since those believing it was one man dropped
from 30 to 25 percent it seems some in that camp have become less sure as
well. I think as the years pass, the number of people believing there was
a conspiracy will continue to decline but I think we are a long way from
reaching the point where LNs outnumber CTs. I think eventually it will
happen but I don't expect it to be in my lifetime.
Steve M. Galbraith
2018-03-01 01:55:05 UTC
Post by John McAdams
Only 51% in this poll.
https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/PPP_Release_National_ConspiracyTheories_040213.pdf#page=3
It was 61% in a 2013 Gallup Poll.
http://news.gallup.com/poll/165893/majority-believe-jfk-killed-conspiracy.aspx
Interesting that the number of undecided between those two polls rose from
9 to 24 percent. That seems to indicate that many people once believing in
conspiracy are now less sure. Since those believing it was one man dropped
from 30 to 25 percent it seems some in that camp have become less sure as
well. I think as the years pass, the number of people believing there was
a conspiracy will continue to decline but I think we are a long way from
reaching the point where LNs outnumber CTs. I think eventually it will
happen but I don't expect it to be in my lifetime.
I'll suggest that a critical contributor to the decline in conspiracy
belief is that the view of JFK as some sort of transformative president
who would have dramatically changed the direction of the country has
fallen.

If there's one common denominator among the conspiracy crowd it's the
belief that JFK was going to fundamentally change America, e.g. end the
Cold War, dismantle the CIA/MIC, et cetera.

It's all hooey (read what McNamara, Rusk et al said) but just about
everything the conspiracy believers think is nonsense. That's no accident.
Anthony Marsh
2018-03-01 23:46:56 UTC
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by bigdog
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Not quite as dramatic as you are depicting it in your strawman argument.
bigdog
2018-03-01 23:54:25 UTC
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by bigdog
Post by John McAdams
[...]
People like to forget that JFK was a cold warrior and that the Kennedys
were friends and allies of Senator Joe McCarthy who was godfather to RFK's
first born and who dated one of he Kennedy sisters. RFK walked out of a
Jaycees dinner in protest when Edward R. Murrow got up to speak. JFK gave
Nixon a $1000 campaign contribution for his Senate campaign against Helen
Douglas, aka The Pink Lady.

An interesting side note to that 1950 Senate race which I just discovered.
Nixon, Douglas, and LA Daily News publisher Manchester Boddy all entered
the primaries of BOTH major parties, a practice that was known as
cross-filing. I'd never heard of that being done before. Nixon of course
won the Republican primary and Douglas the Democrat primary. It was Boddy
who coined the term Pink Lady for Douglas and also was the one who tagged
Nixon as "Tricky Dick", a name that stuck with him throughout his
political life.
Anthony Marsh
2018-03-03 16:14:56 UTC
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by bigdog
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Kennedy haters like to lie about what JFK said and did. He was proud to
call himself a Liberal. He eventually repudiated McCarthyism, Everyone
began to realize that McCarthy had gone too far.
Post by bigdog
An interesting side note to that 1950 Senate race which I just discovered.
Nixon, Douglas, and LA Daily News publisher Manchester Boddy all entered
the primaries of BOTH major parties, a practice that was known as
cross-filing. I'd never heard of that being done before. Nixon of course
won the Republican primary and Douglas the Democrat primary. It was Boddy
who coined the term Pink Lady for Douglas and also was the one who tagged
Nixon as "Tricky Dick", a name that stuck with him throughout his
political life.
Did you also know that Papa Joe paid some nobody with the same name as
Jack's opponentto run in order to split the votes and make it easier
Jack to win. Original article in Yankee Magazine.
Bud
2018-03-04 14:08:35 UTC
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by bigdog
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Camelot shiners lie and deny the truth about Kennedy. They try to
rewrite history, and what they can`t rewrite they ignore.

Notice Marsh didn`t offer anything against the things that bigdog laid
out?
Post by Anthony Marsh
He was proud to
call himself a Liberal.
Some say he called himself a jelly doughnut.

But maybe not really...

http://www.history.com/topics/us-presidents/john-f-kennedy/videos/ask-history-kennedy-and-the-jelly-doughnut?m=528e394da93ae&s=undefined&f=1&free=false
Post by Anthony Marsh
He eventually repudiated McCarthyism,
There is hope for Tony yet, he may some day repudiate some of his own
pernicious beliefs.
Post by Anthony Marsh
Everyone
began to realize that McCarthy had gone too far.
Probably why the Kennedys started distancing themselves from the Mafia,
they realized they had gone too far.
bigdog
2018-03-05 01:43:35 UTC
Post by Bud
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by bigdog
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Totally unnecessary. If Marsh asserts it, that's good enough.
http://youtu.be/1GaDAjHKYC4
Post by Anthony Marsh
He eventually repudiated McCarthyism,
There is hope for Tony yet, he may some day repudiate some of his own
pernicious beliefs.
I can hear Buddy Holly now, "...That'll be the day".
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Everyone
began to realize that McCarthy had gone too far.
Probably why the Kennedys started distancing themselves from the Mafia,
they realized they had gone too far.
The Kennedys only started to distance themselves from McCarthy after he
had fallen from grace. They had presidential aspirations for Jack and
McCarthy had become toxic. The same reason Jack moved left on issues and
became a born again liberal. By today's standards, he would be considered
a moderate or centrist. Way too far to the right to be considered for the
party's standard bearer. Democrats used to have lots of moderates in the
party but as Joe Biden has observed, the liberals started taking over the
party in the 1970s and it has been moving leftward ever since. They will
still tolerate moderates as part of their coalition but won't allow them
leadership positions. The party finally moved too far left for one of
their core constituencies, the white working class voter who abandoned
them in droves in 2016 costing Hillary the key states of Pennsylvania,
Michigan, and Wisconsin and with those the entire election.
Anthony Marsh
2018-03-05 01:51:12 UTC
Post by Bud
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by bigdog
Post by John McAdams
[...]
That's typical of what extreme rightwingers say because they hate JFK.
Post by Bud
Notice Marsh didn`t offer anything against the things that bigdog laid
out?
I always do, you just never pay attention.
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
He was proud to
call himself a Liberal.
Some say he called himself a jelly doughnut.
That was a silly lie.
Post by Anthony Marsh
He eventually repudiated McCarthyism,
There is hope for Tony yet, he may some day repudiate some of his own
pernicious beliefs.
In case you aren't old enough to remember, I used to believe that the
Vietnam War was the reason for JFK's assassination. I no longer do.

So you think that believing that the Zapruder film is authentic is
pernicious?
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Everyone
began to realize that McCarthy had gone too far.
Probably why the Kennedys started distancing themselves from the Mafia,
they realized they had gone too far.
Not comparable. The Kennedys stepped up their prosecution of the Mafia.
Guess what happened the day Kennedy was killed?
Bud
2018-03-05 23:19:05 UTC
Post by Bud
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by bigdog
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Camelot shiners prefer the myth of Kennedy over the reality, what could
matter less?
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Bud
Notice Marsh didn`t offer anything against the things that bigdog laid
out?
I always do, you just never pay attention.
You didn`t here.
Anthony Marsh
2018-03-06 23:29:46 UTC
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Bud
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by bigdog
Post by John McAdams
[...]
I know what JFK said, thought, and believed.
He was pround to be a Liberal. That's why you have to hate him.
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Bud
Notice Marsh didn`t offer anything against the things that bigdog laid
out?
I always do, you just never pay attention.
You didn`t here.
I always do. You you want me to repeats the same message 1,000 times
just for you?
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Anthony Marsh
He eventually repudiated McCarthyism,
There is hope for Tony yet, he may some day repudiate some of his own
pernicious beliefs.
In case you aren't old enough to remember, I used to believe that the
Vietnam War was the reason for JFK's assassination. I no longer do.
<crickets>
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Everyone
began to realize that McCarthy had gone too far.
Probably why the Kennedys started distancing themselves from the Mafia,
they realized they had gone too far.
Not comparable. The Kennedys stepped up their prosecution of the Mafia.
Guess what happened the day Kennedy was killed?
<crickets>

You like to insult, but you can't answer questions.
Bud
2018-03-08 01:05:47 UTC
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Bud
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by bigdog
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Liberals love their false narratives, they never let go of one.
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Bud
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Anthony Marsh
He eventually repudiated McCarthyism,
There is hope for Tony yet, he may some day repudiate some of his own
pernicious beliefs.
In case you aren't old enough to remember, I used to believe that the
Vietnam War was the reason for JFK's assassination. I no longer do.
<crickets>
You traded one silly idea in for another, you want a cookie?
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
So you think that believing that the Zapruder film is authentic is
pernicious?
<crickets>
I need to comment every time you slap yourself on the back?
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Everyone
began to realize that McCarthy had gone too far.
Probably why the Kennedys started distancing themselves from the Mafia,
they realized they had gone too far.
Not comparable. The Kennedys stepped up their prosecution of the Mafia.
Guess what happened the day Kennedy was killed?
<crickets>
The guy who killed him also killed a cop that day.
Post by Anthony Marsh
You like to insult, but you can't answer questions.
I can do both.
Post by Anthony Marsh
bigdog
2018-03-09 01:58:29 UTC
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Bud
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by bigdog
Post by John McAdams
[...]
JFK called himself a liberal because he knew that played well in
primaries. He was the first candidate who won his party's nomination
primarily through the primary system which was still considered an oddity
by many and a beauty pageant by others. As late as 1968 Humphrey got the
nomination without campaigning in or winning a single primary. He did it
the old fashioned way by racking up delegates at party conventions and
with the backroom deal making. The Camelot shiners as you call them still
believe that RFK was the front runner at the time he was assassinated but
the truth is Humphrey still had a substantial lead in delegates even after
RFK's winner take all victory in California. That state was the
elimination match between McCarthy and RFK to see who would challenge
Humphrey at the convention and try to deny him a first ballot nomination.
When RFK was assassinated that was all but assured.
Anthony Marsh
2018-03-10 14:29:02 UTC
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Bud
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by bigdog
Post by John McAdams
[...]
What's the point of trying to bait me into an argument when I already
agree with you. Our election process is very flawed. But it's a lot
better than any other system.
Hanging Chads?

JFK was a Liberal and he was proud to call himself a Liberal. Even when he
was already President and would obviously be renominated. And you want to
talk about beauty pagents? That was the only reason why JFK won the
debates. Nixon was sick and looked horrible and refused makeup. He looked
like he was going to die on stage. I cried for him. JFK looked healthy and
tanned thanks to his Addison's Disease. So everyone who saw the bebate
said JFK won. Everyone who only LISTENED to the debate on radio said Nixon
won.
Post by bigdog
nomination without campaigning in or winning a single primary. He did it
the old fashioned way by racking up delegates at party conventions and
Now, wait a dam minute. You're going to skip over corruption and payoffs?
Don't you remember his first election where his father paid a guy to run
because he had the same name as JFK's opponent, thus splitting the votes?
Or the millions the Mafia spent in Chicago wards? And what about all the
dead people who voted in Texas? Zombie Rights!
Post by bigdog
with the backroom deal making. The Camelot shiners as you call them still
I don't object when you call me a Camelot Shiner because I know you
don't know what you are saying and your prejudice makes you lash out any
way you can.
Post by bigdog
believe that RFK was the front runner at the time he was assassinated but
the truth is Humphrey still had a substantial lead in delegates even after
Humphrey had no chance. He was his own worst enemy.
And you see no connection?
bigdog
2018-03-11 21:04:25 UTC
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Bud
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by bigdog
RFK's winner take all victory in California. That state was the
elimination match between McCarthy and RFK to see who would challenge
Humphrey at the convention and try to deny him a first ballot nomination.
When RFK was assassinated that was all but assured.
And you see no connection?
I wonder why Marsh thought my post was directed to him. I guess in his
mind it'all about him.
Anthony Marsh
2018-03-12 20:04:42 UTC
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Bud
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by Bud
Post by Steve M. Galbraith
Post by bigdog
RFK's winner take all victory in California. That state was the
elimination match between McCarthy and RFK to see who would challenge
Humphrey at the convention and try to deny him a first ballot nomination.
When RFK was assassinated that was all but assured.
And you see no connection?
I wonder why Marsh thought my post was directed to him. I guess in his
mind it'all about him.
Whenever you insult JFK I know it's about me.

deke
2018-02-28 00:55:07 UTC
Post by John McAdams
Only 51% in this poll.
https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/PPP_Release_National_ConspiracyTheories_040213.pdf#page=3
It was 61% in a 2013 Gallup Poll.
http://news.gallup.com/poll/165893/majority-believe-jfk-killed-conspiracy.aspx
.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
I've never thought that polls were a reliable metric regarding things like
the JFK assassination. I think its a safe bet that the vast majority of
people polled have never done any serious research on their own - they
just base their opinion on what they hear from the MSM or from others.
bigdog
2018-03-01 01:59:05 UTC
Post by deke
Post by John McAdams
Only 51% in this poll.
https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/PPP_Release_National_ConspiracyTheories_040213.pdf#page=3
It was 61% in a 2013 Gallup Poll.
http://news.gallup.com/poll/165893/majority-believe-jfk-killed-conspiracy.aspx
.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
I've never thought that polls were a reliable metric regarding things like
the JFK assassination. I think its a safe bet that the vast majority of
people polled have never done any serious research on their own - they
just base their opinion on what they hear from the MSM or from others.
On that we can agree. Most people don't know some of the most rudimentary
facts regarding the JFK assassination. Do you think one person in ten even
knows who J.D. Tippit was? Hell, my spell checker didn't even recognize
the name. It flagged it as a spelling error.
d***@gmail.com
2018-02-28 01:58:20 UTC
Post by John McAdams
Only 51% in this poll.
It's very difficult to have a completely unbiased poll. I don't think
polls like this are the best way to ferret out Americans' true opinions
about the Kennedy assassination and whether they believe a conspiracy was
involved or not.

For one thing, one biasing aspect of this particular poll is that the
Kennedy assassination is thrown in the mix with some very well known
crackpot conspiracy theories. I think that juxtaposition biases people
toward non-conspiratorial inclinations since they don't want to appear as
a "crackpot".

I've always maintained that the only true way to get to what people really
think about the Kennedy assassination is to go directly to the heart of
the issue, not sprinkle other, unrelated topics around it. First, I think
you have to eliminate people who do not qualify to be polled. In other
words, why ask somebody their opinion about something they know almost
NOTHING about? You might as well be polling kindergartners about their
opinion on the validity of Einstein's Theory of Relativity.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B59zyTl2EQl2aU5Hcm1uRUVEODQ/view?usp=sharing

David Emerling
Memphis, TN
bigdog
2018-03-01 02:29:27 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by John McAdams
[...]
That audio is absolutely brilliant. If people actually took the time to
read the WCR and the case that was laid out, I think the number still
believing in Oswald's innocence would be in the low single digits. It's
hard to guess how many would still think he was part of a conspiracy, but
my scientific wild assed guess tells me it would probably be in the 20-25%
range.

As I see it, there are three viable possibilities that any polls should
offer:

1. Oswald did it alone.

2. Oswald did it as part of a conspiracy.

3. Oswald was innocent. Others carried out the assassination.

I suppose the theoretical possibility exists that the assassination was
carried out by one person who was not Oswald but since I've never seen
anyone argue that position, I don't think there would be much point in
including it in a poll. Those choosing option 2 might be divided into
those who think Oswald was the only gunman and those who think there were
others. Perhaps that could be a follow up question for just those picking
number 2.

As for me, option 1 is the only one supported by the evidence. While I
recognize there is a theoretical possibility he could have had accomplices
for which no evidence has ever been discovered, I believe that is the
remotest of possibilities.
Anthony Marsh
2018-03-02 01:45:51 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Good point. Is it legal to listen to it while driving? How come there
isn't an audio book of the Warren Commission Report? WHo would be the best
person to narrate it? I always liked that guy on the PBS documentaries.
Post by bigdog
read the WCR and the case that was laid out, I think the number still
believing in Oswald's innocence would be in the low single digits. It's
hard to guess how many would still think he was part of a conspiracy, but
my scientific wild assed guess tells me it would probably be in the 20-25%
range.
As I see it, there are three viable possibilities that any polls should
1. Oswald did it alone.
2. Oswald did it as part of a conspiracy.
3. Oswald was innocent. Others carried out the assassination.
But that makes too much sense and makes people think too hard.
You should also include:
Oswald was the only shooter, but he was being paid $6,500 by Castro.
I know some people here who would fall for that hoax.
Post by bigdog
I suppose the theoretical possibility exists that the assassination was
carried out by one person who was not Oswald but since I've never seen
anyone argue that position, I don't think there would be much point in
including it in a poll. Those choosing option 2 might be divided into
those who think Oswald was the only gunman and those who think there were
others. Perhaps that could be a follow up question for just those picking
number 2.
As for me, option 1 is the only one supported by the evidence. While I
recognize there is a theoretical possibility he could have had accomplices
for which no evidence has ever been discovered, I believe that is the
remotest of possibilities.
Ok, so how do YOU explain the bullet hole in the forehead?
Are these questions too difficult for you?
David Von Pein
2018-03-02 22:35:41 UTC
Post by bigdog
I suppose the theoretical possibility exists that the assassination was
carried out by one person who was not Oswald but since I've never seen
anyone argue that position, I don't think there would be much point in
including it in a poll. Those choosing option 2 might be divided into
those who think Oswald was the only gunman and those who think there were
others. Perhaps that could be a follow up question for just those picking
number 2.
As for me, option 1 is the only one supported by the evidence. While I
recognize there is a theoretical possibility he could have had accomplices
for which no evidence has ever been discovered, I believe that is the
remotest of possibilities.
Ok, so how do YOU explain the bullet hole in the forehead?
No such bullet hole exists. Never did. Never will. It only exists in YOUR
(fore)head.
Anthony Marsh
2018-03-03 16:25:40 UTC
Post by David Von Pein
Post by bigdog
[...]
So you confirm that you can't see the bullet hole in the forehead.
Can you see your hand in front of your face?
Anthony Marsh
2018-03-01 23:44:33 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
Post by John McAdams
Only 51% in this poll.
It's very difficult to have a completely unbiased poll. I don't think
polls like this are the best way to ferret out Americans' true opinions
about the Kennedy assassination and whether they believe a conspiracy was
involved or not.
For one thing, one biasing aspect of this particular poll is that the
Kennedy assassination is thrown in the mix with some very well known
crackpot conspiracy theories. I think that juxtaposition biases people
toward non-conspiratorial inclinations since they don't want to appear as
a "crackpot".
It's just like all those polls where people did not want to admit that
they supported Trump. They didn't want to appear to be goobers.
Post by d***@gmail.com
I've always maintained that the only true way to get to what people really
think about the Kennedy assassination is to go directly to the heart of
the issue, not sprinkle other, unrelated topics around it. First, I think
you have to eliminate people who do not qualify to be polled. In other
words, why ask somebody their opinion about something they know almost
NOTHING about? You might as well be polling kindergartners about their
opinion on the validity of Einstein's Theory of Relativity.
Yes, but you're using the wrong tactic. Just claim that all polls are
fake.
Memphis, TN
Ace Kefford
2018-02-28 02:09:59 UTC
May be down nationwide, but not in the White House!
mainframetech
2018-02-28 17:22:02 UTC
Post by John McAdams
Only 51% in this poll.
https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/PPP_Release_National_ConspiracyTheories_040213.pdf#page=3
It was 61% in a 2013 Gallup Poll.
http://news.gallup.com/poll/165893/majority-believe-jfk-killed-conspiracy.aspx
.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
It won't change the facts of the case. There will always be a group
that looks at it honestly.

Funniest post of the month!
Anthony Marsh
2018-02-28 17:23:34 UTC
Post by John McAdams
Only 51% in this poll.
https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/PPP_Release_National_ConspiracyTheories_040213.pdf#page=3
It was 61% in a 2013 Gallup Poll.
http://news.gallup.com/poll/165893/majority-believe-jfk-killed-conspiracy.aspx
.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
AH, but which conspiracy theory? Is there anyone who believes in ALL
conspiracy theories?
I've heard some WC defenders say that they think 9/11 was a conspiracy.
Does that make them kooks?
OHLeeRedux
2018-03-01 02:33:34 UTC
Post by John McAdams
Only 51% in this poll.
https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/PPP_Release_National_ConspiracyTheories_040213.pdf#page=3
It was 61% in a 2013 Gallup Poll.
http://news.gallup.com/poll/165893/majority-believe-jfk-killed-conspiracy.aspx
.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
AH, but which conspiracy theory? Is there anyone who believes in ALL
conspiracy theories?
I've heard some WC defenders say that they think 9/11 was a conspiracy.
Does that make them kooks?
But 9/11 was a conspiracy, Anthony, as you've pointed out before -- a
conspiracy of Islamic terrorists. But if you mean people who believe that
any part of the United States government was involved in the 9/11
conspiracy, then yes, they are kooks.

People who believe the conclusion reached by the Warren Commission -- that
Oswald acted alone -- certainly believe that conspiracies have occurred in
history, just not in the JFK assassination.

You, Anthony, continually use the puerile (quick, look that word up)
rhetorical tactic of claiming that anyone who does not believe in a JFK
conspiracy does not believe in ANY conspiracy. This childish logic is
clear to everyone here, and you only make yourself look foolish by
repeating it over and again.

But then you're an expert at that, aren't you?
Jason Burke
2018-03-01 23:48:04 UTC
Post by OHLeeRedux
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Isn't that what they have on the bus so's you can get rid of germs on
your hands?
Anthony Marsh
2018-03-02 01:43:23 UTC
Post by OHLeeRedux
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Well, why can't the JFK assassination be a conspiracy by extremists, not
the government? You like any conspiracy as long as you can claim is
wasn't done by the government. Can you ever admit that there was ever
any conspiracy done by the Government? MK/ULTRA? Feeding radioactive
cereal to retarded children?
OHLeeRedux
2018-03-02 22:25:45 UTC
Post by OHLeeRedux
Post by Anthony Marsh
Post by John McAdams
[...]
Don't like the government? Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the
way out.

There was no conspiracy in the JFK assassination. Case Closed. Go play
Bridge with the old ladies.
Bud
2018-03-01 23:27:47 UTC
Post by John McAdams
Only 51% in this poll.
https://www.publicpolicypolling.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/PPP_Release_National_ConspiracyTheories_040213.pdf#page=3
A conspiracy including Oswald?
Post by John McAdams
It was 61% in a 2013 Gallup Poll.
http://news.gallup.com/poll/165893/majority-believe-jfk-killed-conspiracy.aspx
"one man" and "others involved" doesn`t tell you much. Others involved
*with* Oswald?

Most polls are flawed by the questions they ask.
Post by John McAdams
.John