Computer Hacking
2017-07-20 14:41:36 UTC
I'm not a computer guy. To me it's just a typewriter with a screen, so I
want to ask a few simple questions. How long has computer hacking been
around? Was the US Federal Government aware of this growing problem or
just recently found out it can be a major problem in a national election?
If the US Government did know why would any high ranking officer of the
Federal government put National Security at risk by using a private
server?

Evidently hacking is now part of international politics 365 days of the
year for governments around the world. All politicians and political
parties in the US are now at risk. Democrats and Republicans both had
issues this past election. Does anyone know what information harvested,
gathered, and gleaned by hackers made an impact on the recent election?
Democrats claim Vladimir Putin selected the winning President in the 2016
US election.

What information was made public to the US electorate that convinced so
many Americans to vote for Donald Trump instead of Hillary Clinton? What
new information did hackers reveal during the election? Clinton ran the
most bizarre campaign in US history and almost got away with it. She also
had a lot of baggage to carry into the national election, which most
voters were already aware of. Can anyone point to some hacked revelation
that tipped the election in Trump's favor?
Anthony Marsh
2017-07-21 00:09:43 UTC
I'm not a computer guy. To me it's just a typewriter with a screen, so I
want to ask a few simple questions. How long has computer hacking been
around? Was the US Federal Government aware of this growing problem or
Ever since Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. They were computer hackers.
Very few people then bothered to hack IBMs because they were too lazy to
learn machine code.
Post by claviger
just recently found out it can be a major problem in a national election?
The US government has been aware of the problem and combating it since 1951.
Post by claviger
If the US Government did know why would any high ranking officer of the
Federal government put National Security at risk by using a private
server?
Silly. Simple laziness. Hillary could have gotten her job done securely by
using 5 different phones and 5 different computers and spending 3 hours a
day at 5 different facilities. Not counting travel time which is when
she'd have to eat lunch. it can be done, but it is a hassle and people
tend to burn out.
Post by claviger
Evidently hacking is now part of international politics 365 days of the
year for governments around the world. All politicians and political
Not just 365 days. Do you think there is a holiday for hackers in a leap
year? Many of the hacks are done automatically by bots so the hacker
doesn't even have to be there or use his own computer.
Post by claviger
parties in the US are now at risk. Democrats and Republicans both had
issues this past election. Does anyone know what information harvested,
gathered, and gleaned by hackers made an impact on the recent election?
Only the Wikileaks about the Democrats. Nothing was released about the
Republicans.
Post by claviger
Democrats claim Vladimir Putin selected the winning President in the 2016
US election.
False. The term is tip the scale or put your thumb on the scale.
All you need is one tenth of a percent, maybe 1,000 people even.
Post by claviger
What information was made public to the US electorate that convinced so
many Americans to vote for Donald Trump instead of Hillary Clinton? What
Not just the information. Also getting Comey to call Hillary a criminal.
That lost all the college-educated women.
Post by claviger
new information did hackers reveal during the election? Clinton ran the
New? Is anything really new? Not NEW, FALSE. It's called disinformation.
The Russians are experts, with 100 years of experience.
Pizzagate?
Post by claviger
most bizarre campaign in US history and almost got away with it. She also
How so? Be specific.
I didn't like her campaign because I thought she should have selected
Bernie Sanders as her VP.

I don't know if you ever heard of a Democrat named John Fitzgerald
Kennedy, but his rival for the nomination was a Texan named Lyndon Jonson.
Kennedy won the nomination and then took his father's advise and picked
LBJ as his running mate. Just that decision alone may have secured Texas
and other states in the South and assured his win.
Post by claviger
had a lot of baggage to carry into the national election, which most
voters were already aware of. Can anyone point to some hacked revelation
that tipped the election in Trump's favor?
Sure, there were always millions of Clinton haters, which is why she
only won by a mere 3 million votes.
For extra credit, when was the first BUG found in a computer?
I'll give you a hint. It was just a couple of years before I was born.

http://ids.si.edu/ids/deliveryService?id=NMAH-92-13130
bigdog
2017-07-21 11:51:40 UTC
I'm not a computer guy. To me it's just a typewriter with a screen, so I
want to ask a few simple questions. How long has computer hacking been
around?
Probably as long as the internet was made available to the public.
Post by claviger
Was the US Federal Government aware of this growing problem or
just recently found out it can be a major problem in a national election?
Anybody who didn't know that hackers can be very clever at accessing
sensitive data was fooling themselves. Hackers can be just about anyone,
from an intelligence officer to the 30-something guy living in his
parents' basement spending half his day playing video games.
Post by claviger
If the US Government did know why would any high ranking officer of the
Federal government put National Security at risk by using a private
server?
Evidently hacking is now part of international politics 365 days of the
year for governments around the world. All politicians and political
parties in the US are now at risk. Democrats and Republicans both had
issues this past election. Does anyone know what information harvested,
gathered, and gleaned by hackers made an impact on the recent election?
Impossible to quantify but my guess is very little.
Post by claviger
Democrats claim Vladimir Putin selected the winning President in the 2016
US election.
One more reason not to believe what Democrats say.
Post by claviger
What information was made public to the US electorate that convinced so
many Americans to vote for Donald Trump instead of Hillary Clinton?
I suspect it was largely what voters already knew about Hillary.
Post by claviger
What new information did hackers reveal during the election?
Very little new. What came out only confirmed what her detractors already
believed.
Post by claviger
Clinton ran the
most bizarre campaign in US history and almost got away with it.
Bizarre in this case being a euphemism for stupid. The traditional
Democrat strongholds along the Great Lakes were supposed to be her
firewall in the event Trump swept the toss up states and she took them for
granted allowing Trump to steal them from under her nose. Meanwhile she
wasted time and money trying to pick off Republican states where she had
no chance such as Arizona and Utah.
Post by claviger
She also
had a lot of baggage to carry into the national election, which most
voters were already aware of.
Yes, most voters already knew they didn't like her. They decided they
disliked Trump less.
You mean other than Hillary was a loser?
Anthony Marsh
2017-07-22 00:46:17 UTC
Post by claviger
Democrats claim Vladimir Putin selected the winning President in the 2016
US election.
One more reason not to believe what Democrats say.
So you'll support Trump and Putin no matter what crimes they commit.
claviger
2017-07-22 16:57:18 UTC
Post by claviger
Democrats claim Vladimir Putin selected the winning President in the 2016
US election.
One more reason not to believe what Democrats say.
So you'll support Trump and Putin no matter what crimes they commit.
So you'll support Obama and Clinton no matter how many lies they tell and
campaign promisees they break.
mainframetech
2017-07-23 22:38:37 UTC
Post by claviger
Democrats claim Vladimir Putin selected the winning President in the 2016
US election.
One more reason not to believe what Democrats say.
So you'll support Trump and Putin no matter what crimes they commit.
So you'll support Obama and Clinton no matter how many lies they tell and
campaign promisees they break.
Have you added up the count of the promises broken by Trump?
Particularly that he wouldn't allow ANY changes to Social Security,
Medicare or MEDICAID. That one got dropped quickly when it came time to
make a bill for wealthcare.

How's that wall coming?
mainframetech
2017-07-22 21:19:32 UTC
I'm not a computer guy. To me it's just a typewriter with a screen, so I
want to ask a few simple questions. How long has computer hacking been
around?
Probably as long as the internet was made available to the public.
WRONG! Long before that. Programs were changed by others by a process
called 'patching'. If one knew the layout of a card deck, one could put
in patch cards that could usurp the programs functions and introduce new
code. It was often used as a way to correct programs without having to go
through the process of compiling and preparing the program.
Post by claviger
Democrats claim Vladimir Putin selected the winning President in the 2016
US election.
One more reason not to believe what Democrats say.
One more reason to not believe what is said here.
What information was made public to the US electorate that convinced so
many Americans to vote for Donald Trump instead of Hillary Clinton?
I suspect it was largely what voters already knew about Hillary.
It was private emails of John Podesta, who was chairman of the Hillary
Clinton campaign.
Post by claviger
Can anyone point to some hacked revelation
that tipped the election in Trump's favor?
You mean other than Hillary was a loser?
Now that we see what Trump is as president, we can appreciate the
abilities of Hillary.

2017-07-23 13:21:12 UTC
I'm not a computer guy. To me it's just a typewriter with a screen, so I
want to ask a few simple questions. How long has computer hacking been
around?
Probably as long as the internet was made available to the public.
WRONG! Long before that. Programs were changed by others by a process
called 'patching'. If one knew the layout of a card deck, one could put
in patch cards that could usurp the programs functions and introduce new
code. It was often used as a way to correct programs without having to go
through the process of compiling and preparing the program.
When I was in the business correcting programs was not called hacking. It
was called debugging. Modifying a program was known as maintenance.
Post by claviger
Democrats claim Vladimir Putin selected the winning President in the 2016
US election.
One more reason not to believe what Democrats say.
One more reason to not believe what is said here.
You've given us lots more than one reason.
What information was made public to the US electorate that convinced so
many Americans to vote for Donald Trump instead of Hillary Clinton?
I suspect it was largely what voters already knew about Hillary.
It was private emails of John Podesta, who was chairman of the Hillary
Clinton campaign.
It showed how the Democrat establishment rigged the nomination for Hillary
which no doubt infuriated Sanders supporters, voters she needed to defeat
Trump, many of whom she didn't get. Of course there was also the
assessment by the Sanders supporters, quite accurate, that Hillary for all
her populist rhetoric was in the pockets of the Wall Street bankers who
figured she was going to win and gave her lots of money to curry favor
with her. The best laid plans...
Post by claviger
Can anyone point to some hacked revelation
that tipped the election in Trump's favor?
You mean other than Hillary was a loser?
Now that we see what Trump is as president, we can appreciate the
abilities of Hillary.
There hasn't been a day go by that I have wished Hillary had won. Even if
Trump were to shoot somebody I wouldn't wish that. Trump is president,
Hillary is not, and Neil Gorsuch is the newest member of the Supreme
Court. If Putin helped bring that about, I will be forever grateful to him
although I suspect the reality is that he had little if anything to do
with any of that. But you go right on believing the fairy tales MSNBC and
CNN are feeding you. You've always found fables to be far more interesting
than the plain boring truth.
mainframetech
2017-07-24 14:19:43 UTC
I'm not a computer guy. To me it's just a typewriter with a screen, so I
want to ask a few simple questions. How long has computer hacking been
around?
Probably as long as the internet was made available to the public.
WRONG! Long before that. Programs were changed by others by a process
called 'patching'. If one knew the layout of a card deck, one could put
in patch cards that could usurp the programs functions and introduce new
code. It was often used as a way to correct programs without having to go
through the process of compiling and preparing the program.
When I was in the business correcting programs was not called hacking. It
was called debugging. Modifying a program was known as maintenance.
Here we go again with your lack of knowledge of the programming field.
Debugging was done in a few different ways. One was testing with known
parameters, another was scanning the logic and looking for the error, and
after the problem was found, there were a few ways to correct the problem,
one was to recompile the program and link it into a object deck, then run
it with the linkage editor JCL (Job Control language) getting a new deck,
and then put the new deck into production. Another way to make
corrections to a program deck that already existed was to 'patch' the run
deck with cards punched out by the programmer. That method was also used
to 'hack' programs if the source wasn't available to change.
Post by claviger
Can anyone point to some hacked revelation
that tipped the election in Trump's favor?
You mean other than Hillary was a loser?
Now that we see what Trump is as president, we can appreciate the
abilities of Hillary.
There hasn't been a day go by that I have wished Hillary had won. Even if
Trump were to shoot somebody I wouldn't wish that. Trump is president,
Hillary is not, and Neil Gorsuch is the newest member of the Supreme
Court. If Putin helped bring that about, I will be forever grateful to him
although I suspect the reality is that he had little if anything to do
with any of that. But you go right on believing the fairy tales MSNBC and
CNN are feeding you. You've always found fables to be far more interesting
than the plain boring truth.
Hate to say it, but I also listen to FOX now and then to see what the
brainwash folks are saying. It's the same old fake news often directly
from Trump. No wonder he tried to convince folks that the real media was
making up fake news. They were often reporting on HIM! And he didn't
want anyone to believe it!

2017-07-24 23:21:18 UTC
[...]
I've heard stories about how programming was done in the Stone Age but I
didn't enter the field until 1977 and by then things had gotten a bit more
sophisticated. Punch cards were something I worked with in school but
fortunately when I got my first job they were being phased out. I won't
say I never punched a JCL card deck but it was a skill that was quickly
forgotten for good reason. Nothing you described here could remotely be
considered hacking.
Post by claviger
[...]
Real media? You mean like MSNBC or CNN. <chuckle> Their bias oozes from
every pore and is obvious with every word they speak. They have been
engaged in a non-stop vendetta against Trump since they night they were
forced to report he was President-elect. They never take a days off. Tune
in to any live program on MSNBC or CNN and it is a virtual certainty you
will see one of two things. One is an attack piece on Donald Trump. The
other is a commercial. I cracked up yesterday when Joy Reid referred to
herself as a journalist. If she's a journalist, I'm a Chinese aviator.
MSNBC doesn't hire journalists. They have no use for them. Their talking
heads are nothing but shills for the Democrat Party. That includes their
turncoat Republicans like Michael Steele and Judas Scarborough. CNN is
pretty much as bad.
Anthony Marsh
2017-07-25 19:24:45 UTC
Post by claviger
[...]
You are just confirming your rightwing bias. The country had divided into
2 camps. Obviously different news outlets appeal to different factions.
mainframetech
2017-07-21 14:40:08 UTC
I'm not a computer guy. To me it's just a typewriter with a screen, so I
want to ask a few simple questions. How long has computer hacking been
around? Was the US Federal Government aware of this growing problem or
just recently found out it can be a major problem in a national election?
If the US Government did know why would any high ranking officer of the
Federal government put National Security at risk by using a private
server?
Hacking has been going on almost al long as there has been programming
of computers.

Those in the USG that were familiar with programming knew that hacking
could be done.

There is a website that has been online for years that speaks about
hacking of election machines. It's called 'blackboxvoting.org' that is
run by a lady named Bev Harris. There are probably others, but that's the
one I pay attention to.

A private server does not put the National Security at risk depending
on the amount of security applied to that sever. It may be even more safe
than the servers for the USG. So it all depends on how the servers were
built and the security applied.
Post by claviger
Evidently hacking is now part of international politics 365 days of the
year for governments around the world. All politicians and political
parties in the US are now at risk. Democrats and Republicans both had
issues this past election. Does anyone know what information harvested,
gathered, and gleaned by hackers made an impact on the recent election?
Democrats claim Vladimir Putin selected the winning President in the 2016
US election.
That is a possibility. Since the election was so close as to make
Hillary the popular winner, and Trump the electoral winner. It is
possible the bleeding of SNC information over to Wikileaks may have had
just enough help to the Trump campaign as to tip the balance. But it is
hard to say with out a major project and polls of most areas of the
country.
Post by claviger
What information was made public to the US electorate that convinced so
many Americans to vote for Donald Trump instead of Hillary Clinton? What
new information did hackers reveal during the election?
The private emails that anyone in any party might have sent, were
downloaded and shown to the electorate, and it was not pretty for the
democratic ticket.
Post by claviger
Clinton ran the
most bizarre campaign in US history and almost got away with it. She also
had a lot of baggage to carry into the national election, which most
voters were already aware of. Can anyone point to some hacked revelation
that tipped the election in Trump's favor?
There wasn't nearly as much baggage for Clinton as the constant claims
of the Republicans said. If there had \ben than the Republicans would
have been successful in putting together a hearing that went on for more
than a year and cost millions of tax payer money and they still couldn't
pin anything on her. And believe me, they tried. Was she so powerful?
Then she should have been prez, to deal with Putin (the proven adversary)
and not kiss his feet like we and the rest of the world are having to see.

2017-07-22 12:07:27 UTC
Post by claviger
Clinton ran the
most bizarre campaign in US history and almost got away with it. She also
had a lot of baggage to carry into the national election, which most
voters were already aware of. Can anyone point to some hacked revelation
that tipped the election in Trump's favor?
There wasn't nearly as much baggage for Clinton as the constant claims
of the Republicans said. If there had \ben than the Republicans would
have been successful in putting together a hearing that went on for more
than a year and cost millions of tax payer money and they still couldn't
pin anything on her. And believe me, they tried. Was she so powerful?
Then she should have been prez, to deal with Putin (the proven adversary)
and not kiss his feet like we and the rest of the world are having to see.
Chris
The Russians made up a lot of fake stories like Pizzagate and the
Lesbian orgies.
bigdog
2017-07-22 12:46:21 UTC
Post by claviger
What information was made public to the US electorate that convinced so
many Americans to vote for Donald Trump instead of Hillary Clinton? What
new information did hackers reveal during the election?
The private emails that anyone in any party might have sent, were
downloaded and shown to the electorate, and it was not pretty for the
democratic ticket.
Of course they weren't. They showed how the Democrat establishment had
rigged the nomination for Hillary which pissed off lots of Sanders
supporters, many of whom stayed home or voted for third party candidates.
I don't doubt that some even voted for Trump out of spite.
Clinton ran the
most bizarre campaign in US history and almost got away with it. She also
had a lot of baggage to carry into the national election, which most
voters were already aware of. Can anyone point to some hacked revelation
that tipped the election in Trump's favor?
There wasn't nearly as much baggage for Clinton as the constant claims
of the Republicans said. If there had \ben than the Republicans would
have been successful in putting together a hearing that went on for more
than a year and cost millions of tax payer money and they still couldn't
pin anything on her. And believe me, they tried. Was she so powerful?
Then she should have been prez, to deal with Putin (the proven adversary)
and not kiss his feet like we and the rest of the world are having to see.
Right. She showed what she was made of during the Benghazi tragedy. She
ignored repeated calls for more security, then when the situation went
south, she tried to blame it on some obscure anti-Muslim video.
Anthony Marsh
2017-07-22 23:18:38 UTC
Post by claviger
[...]
She was not in charge of security. It was the CIA safe house which was
attacked.

The anti-Muslim video sparked the protest at the embassy. Two different
buildings. Don't conflate them.
claviger
2017-07-23 19:43:43 UTC
There wasn't nearly as much baggage for Clinton as the constant claims
of the Republicans said. If there had \ben than the Republicans would
have been successful in putting together a hearing that went on for more
than a year and cost millions of tax payer money and they still couldn't
pin anything on her. And believe me, they tried. Was she so powerful?
Then she should have been prez, to deal with Putin (the proven adversary)
and not kiss his feet like we and the rest of the world are having to see.
Right. She showed what she was made of during the Benghazi tragedy. She
ignored repeated calls for more security, then when the situation went
south, she tried to blame it on some obscure anti-Muslim video.
She was not in charge of security.
She was supposed to be Secretary of State. The SOS has responsibility for
national security and all State Department personnel, especially diplomats
and staff on foreign soil. Evidently Hillary didn't read her job
description.
Post by Anthony Marsh
It was the CIA safe house which was attacked.
The CIA is part of the US Federal Government which depends on information
they gather, like an impending attack on a US Embassy.
Post by Anthony Marsh
The anti-Muslim video sparked the protest at the embassy.
That was a made up story. The Libyan government warned this attack was
coming and advised evacuation of US personnel.
Both housed US citizens.
Anthony Marsh
So what? So did Hotels.
mainframetech
2017-07-23 22:38:51 UTC
Post by claviger
What information was made public to the US electorate that convinced so
many Americans to vote for Donald Trump instead of Hillary Clinton? What
new information did hackers reveal during the election?
The private emails that anyone in any party might have sent, were
downloaded and shown to the electorate, and it was not pretty for the
democratic ticket.
Of course they weren't. They showed how the Democrat establishment had
rigged the nomination for Hillary which pissed off lots of Sanders
supporters, many of whom stayed home or voted for third party candidates.
I don't doubt that some even voted for Trump out of spite.
Of course, we can easily assume that the RNC emails would be just as inflammatory, but Putin didn't want to hurt Trump's chances. That was his boy.
[...]
Blaming on someone else. Yep, a Trump method.

2017-07-24 23:12:50 UTC
Post by claviger
What information was made public to the US electorate that convinced so
many Americans to vote for Donald Trump instead of Hillary Clinton? What
new information did hackers reveal during the election?
The private emails that anyone in any party might have sent, were
downloaded and shown to the electorate, and it was not pretty for the
democratic ticket.
Of course they weren't. They showed how the Democrat establishment had
rigged the nomination for Hillary which pissed off lots of Sanders
supporters, many of whom stayed home or voted for third party candidates.
I don't doubt that some even voted for Trump out of spite.
Of course, we can easily assume that the RNC emails would be just as inflammatory, but Putin didn't want to hurt Trump's chances. That was his boy.
Assuming is what you do best. If the RNC had rigged the nominating
process, Trump sure as hell wouldn't have been the nominee. All Republican
delegates were chosen through the primaries and caucuses which is why
Trump was able to win despite being despised by the party establishment.
The Democrats were able to tip the scales to Hillary through unelected
super delegates, i.e. the party establishment, who overwhelmingly went for
Hillary making it virtually impossible for Sanders to win. In addition she
had the party machinery on her side which was a huge help in helping her
get out the vote. Despite this, Sanders won numerous primaries. There were
a number of primaries in which Sanders won the popular vote but Hillary
walked away with the lion's share of the delegates. But nobody in
Hillary's camp thought that was unfair. But when she got the most popular
votes but still lost the general election, that was terribly unfair in
their eyes.
[...]
So in your eyes, she was just as bad as Trump.